Endicott is on Waivers?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Endicott is on Waivers?

Postby Shinoix on Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:44 am

Wow, that didn't take long!

Says so in the Tribune...now if only someone would take him!
Shinoix

Re: Endicott is on Waivers?

Postby penny lane on Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:50 am

Shinoix wrote:Wow, that didn't take long!

on the radio pre-game last night Paul Steigerwald mentioned
that Shane Endicott was placed on waivers yesterday at some point.
Guess it takes awhile to complete all the teams.
Phil Bourque was sympathetic towards shane with the bad luck of
injury after injury. Both were mystified at the time .... why do this
with 6/7 games remaining.
:idea: (unless E Malkin is coming now, right now) :!: :!:
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby NJ5934 on Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:54 am

Not sure if I get this.

First off, it will be interesting to see if anyone takes him.

Second, if this was foreseen by Patrick why didn't he just trade him. Everyone seems to think Endicott is so valuable because of his size, why not get a pick or anything for that matter in return.

Personally I don't really care, I'm glad to see him out of the lineup. Just typical CP. Give him a lineup spot all season when he should be in WBS.......then place him on waivers. I can't imagine that there is any "master plan" to running this organization with him at the helm. Seems to be more like 'fly by the seat of your pants, win some lose some' mentality. Disturbing.
NJ5934
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Shinoix on Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:09 am

If Patrick is resigned, I'll have a serious problem with supporting this team next year. I love the guys and love the team, but it will frustrate the hell out of me knowing he's there, and knowing we probably won't get any better.

jk, of course i'll cheer them on, I'll just send CP nasty letters explaining how bad of a GM he is. Let him go to Boston!!

I'll take Neil Smith over him.
Shinoix

Postby NIN on Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:22 am

Neil Smith? ewwww. There is a reason why Edzo, Smith, and Melrose will forever be analysts.

As for the move. I think they gave up on the season after they nearly went 0 for October. I really beleive that they beleived they had a shot at making the playoffs until the saw just how far they are after that month. From there it was a throw the season mentality. Lemieux's timming on his retirement was as great as his reentry into the league. Like all legends, timming defines them.
NIN

Postby Draftnik on Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:08 pm

Where is the post to say Craig Patrick is a big bad meany for putting The Glacier on waivers? The Glacier must be melting as we speak and the river of tears he is crying should have created a flash flood warning for the greater Pittsburgh area.

I happen to think Neil Smith will be an interim GM for the Pens. IMO CP will not have his deal extended and 66 will tap somebody he knows to run the organIzation until the new owner is on board and picks his own guy. Maybe Ronnie Francis is a possibility as well. Never underestimate the closed circle way the current Pens brass does business.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby netwolf on Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:43 pm

Draftnik wrote:Maybe Ronnie Francis is a possibility as well. Never underestimate the closed circle way the current Pens brass does business.

Any particular reason you think that? I'm not qesitoning you, just curious. I have heard nothing about Francis returning to the NHL in any capacity, though I always thought he would make an excellent coach if he chose to be.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby jmh70 on Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:58 pm

The Pens will probably just promote someone to GM from within the organization. I'm guessing EJ. It doesn't matter much since whoever it is will only have the job for 6-12 months.
jmh70

Postby Zscout on Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:58 pm

When Endicott went down on the 2 week recondition stint it was mentioned by someone in the media that Patrick was afraid to waive him becuase he may get picked up.
Patrick had a good opportunity when Fata was picked, because I think you can't have two picked in a row. Since Patrick took Hilbert off the wire, the Pens are at risk at losing the next waiver (I think). Maybe they've seen enough of Hilbert, Taticek or Kolanos to risk losing Endicott. Why he was not traded - it is a mystery. Of course Patrick thought that he could go into the season with Pirjeta centering the second line.

Also Endicott is on the WBS playoff roster and would have to clear waivers to play for them in the playoffs. They might be seeing if he clears, maybe Hilbert or Boguoniecki could take his spot.
Zscout

Postby Vanbiesbrouck on Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:01 pm

This is the second post that asked why Endicott wasn't traded. Based on the apparent market and return for players (not just CP's moves) who would have wanted Endicott and why do we want whatever we would have gotten instead?
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby FuturePens on Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:35 pm

I PRAY TO GOD !!!
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Henry Hank on Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:45 pm

How funny would it be if someone actually did claim Endicott and Patrick's "fears" of Endicott being claimed actually were well founded?
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby wondermoose on Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:57 pm

Na na na na, Na na na na, HEEEEYYY HEY HEY, GOOD BYEEEE
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby letsgopens66 on Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:04 pm

Endo has cleared waivers. It was announced at 7:00 tonight by Tom Grace, voice of the WBS pens. Looks like he'll be playing in WBS, where he plays quite well anyway.
letsgopens66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby HomerPenguin on Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:51 pm

penny lane wrote:

on the radio pre-game last night Paul Steigerwald mentioned
that Shane Endicott was placed on waivers yesterday at some point.
Guess it takes awhile to complete all the teams.
Phil Bourque was sympathetic towards shane with the bad luck of
injury after injury. Both were mystified at the time .... why do this
with 6/7 games remaining.
:idea: (unless E Malkin is coming now, right now) :!: :!:

Bourque and Steigerwald are frequently mystified at deep mysteries like how ice is frozen water and how the sun rises in the east every day. Obviously they sent him down because they think he can help WBS and they finally saw that nobody else was going to waste a waiver claim on him. Not exactly a Sherlock Holmes case there.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Draftnik on Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:39 pm

netwolf wrote:
Draftnik wrote:Maybe Ronnie Francis is a possibility as well. Never underestimate the closed circle way the current Pens brass does business.

Any particular reason you think that? I'm not qesitoning you, just curious. I have heard nothing about Francis returning to the NHL in any capacity, though I always thought he would make an excellent coach if he chose to be.

It is a rumor making the rounds in the press box. IMO it makes no sense at all, but neither did hiring Edzo as a coach.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby netwolf on Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:01 pm

Draftnik wrote:
netwolf wrote:

It is a rumor making the rounds in the press box. IMO it makes no sense at all, but neither did hiring Edzo as a coach.

Well at least Ron Francis had a pedigree as a player. If he did choose to get into coaching or front office work, I think it is something he would do well at. I'm not sure I'd like to see him get a top job (GM or head coach) right off the bat with no experience, but it is Ron Francis...
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins