Blues up by two over the Oilers....

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Blues up by two over the Oilers....

Postby Mountaineer on Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:14 pm

with about eight minutes to go in the third period. Surprising when you consider that 1) they played (and lost) in Colorado yesterday, and 2) the Oilers are still fighting to make the playoffs. Assuming St. Louis holds on to win (giving them 56 points), the Pens would have to win at least two more games to pass them. Besides this game, I still think the Blues have one more win in them, most likely against Chicago at home.

Go Blues!!!!
Mountaineer

Postby Reilly on Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:21 pm

Steve Poapst gave them a chance at the end :roll:
Reilly

Postby Kicksave on Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:25 pm

Talk about a thread of over-used, tired schticks

1) Mountaineer's constant negativity about the season

and

2) Reilly's streak of not being able to put together an intelligent sentence, while adding the :roll: at the end of his thought.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Reilly on Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:32 pm

Kicksave wrote:Talk about a thread of over-used, tired schticks

and

2) Reilly's streak of not being able to put together an intelligent sentence, while adding the :roll: at the end of his thought.

Add:

3) Pens fans not realizing the importance of a high draft pick.
Reilly

Postby Mountaineer on Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:32 pm

And exactly how was my post negative? I simply pointed out what was going on with the Blues tonight as it concerns the race for last place.
Mountaineer

Postby Kicksave on Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:36 pm

Mountaineer wrote:...the race for last place.

They aren't racing for last place. You thinking that losing right now is the same as winning, thats negativity.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Vanbiesbrouck on Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:37 pm

LET'S
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kicksave on Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:38 pm

Reilly wrote:

and

Add:

Its not like if we don't end up DEAD last, we're going to get bumped to the end of round one. We're going to get a top 4 pick, which is more than enough to get a great talent in this draft. Towes, Johnson, Staal and Kesel....one of the four would be more than great for this team.

- :roll:
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:55 pm

Kicksave wrote:
Reilly wrote:

and

Add:

Its not like if we don't end up DEAD last, we're going to get bumped to the end of round one. We're going to get a top 4 pick, which is more than enough to get a great talent in this draft. Towes, Johnson, Staal and Kesel....one of the four would be more than great for this team.

I agree. I think the top 3 or 4 in this draft are pretty much interchangeable. There is no AO/Crosby/Malkin in this draft.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DelPen on Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:01 pm

skullman80 wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
Reilly wrote:

and

Add:

I agree. I think the top 3 or 4 in this draft are pretty much interchangeable. There is no AO/Crosby/Malkin in this draft.

Right, even the guys who do this for a living can't agree who should be slotted 1-4 between Johnson, Kessel Toews and Staal.

And it needs to be said again, the last place team has a better shot of not picking #1 than they do of keeping their position but of course the last place team has the superior odds. But how many times has the #30 team won the lottery?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kicksave on Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:22 pm

Watch the Panthers win the lotto...just because it seems like they do every year (except when we won 8) )
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Reilly on Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:31 am

DelPen wrote:
skullman80 wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
Reilly wrote:

and

Add:

But how many times has the #30 team won the lottery?

0 because only non-playoff teams are eligible. :roll:
Reilly

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins