Ryan Malone fans

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Ryan Malone fans

Postby pensgirl12 on Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:34 am

Ryan Malone is my fav pen. Any other fans of him here??
pensgirl12

Postby mnpensfan on Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:05 am

I believe Erin could tell you whatever you want to know about him. She sort of knows him since they both attended St. Cloud St.
mnpensfan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby pensgirl12 on Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:37 am

I'd love to hear from Erin - if she'd like to email me.

email is: gwendolyn_w@yahoo.com
pensgirl12

Postby mikey287 on Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:50 am

I'm a big Ryan Malone fan, I have been since he made the team in 03-04. I even bought a Ryan Malone jersey mid way through his rookie year, I was probably one of the few people in New Jersey that had one at the time, yes I'm quite proud about that 8)

I don't why so many people want to get rid of him, he has a lot of potential with some good conditioning...nevermind I'm not gonna get into that here...he's good, he's in a sophomore slump...*resisting typing a few pages of explanation*
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jim on Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:54 am

I get the sophmore slump idea... That means you are not putting up the numbers... however, for stretches it looked more like he was not puttin up the effort. THAT's where the issue was born. He seems to be finishing the season well though, so he is basically starting to redeem himself. I would not have been upset, at all, had they traded him... but I am not upset that they kept him either. Re-evaluate him after two months next year and go with that...
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Judy on Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:57 pm

mikey287 wrote:I'm a big Ryan Malone fan, I have been since he made the team in 03-04. I even bought a Ryan Malone jersey mid way through his rookie year, I was probably one of the few people in New Jersey that had one at the time, yes I'm quite proud about that 8)

I don't why so many people want to get rid of him, he has a lot of potential with some good conditioning...nevermind I'm not gonna get into that here...he's good, he's in a sophomore slump...*resisting typing a few pages of explanation*

We (Eric and I) are too. I'd hate to see the Pens do something stupid and get rid of him.

As for the jersey, Eric had one too in Malone's first year.
Judy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Erin on Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:28 pm

Yeah, I know Ryan. We went to school together and I still hear from him every now and then. I more so see him in the summer when he comes back for hockey camps. What do you want to know?
Erin

Postby ville5 on Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:49 pm

If you saw the game tonight, you'd have seen the difference in Malone's effort. Crosby's goal can be directly attributed to Malone. He won the battle along the boards and kept the puck down low.
And the SOG he had at the end of the game. He dove into the slot to get the shot off. The last 20 games or so, you can see Malone is leaving everything he has on the ice.
ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:59 pm

On the 'old board' I posed the question "Who might the next marcus naslund be?"

I still think It's Ryan Malone.

One sub-par year and everyone wants to crucify him.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby jmh470 on Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:02 pm

If Malone actually showed up for the first 40 games he would have much better numbers. Thankfully he wasn't traded.
jmh470
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby HockeyDaddy on Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:33 pm

Malone is not going to be a star...but he is going to be a solid guy that the Pens can expect 20-25 goals per year from. And there is nothing wrong with that. I see him as a solid third liner and a good penalty killer that can fill-in on the second line if there is an injury.
HockeyDaddy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:41 pm

HockeyDaddy wrote:Malone is not going to be a star...but he is going to be a solid guy that the Pens can expect 20-25 goals per year from. And there is nothing wrong with that. I see him as a solid third liner and a good penalty killer that can fill-in on the second line if there is an injury.

And that third line is *still* growing :-)
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby HomerPenguin on Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:53 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:On the 'old board' I posed the question "Who might the next marcus naslund be?"

I still think It's Ryan Malone.

One sub-par year and everyone wants to crucify him.

Thing is, you may be right, but Naslund just flat-out never got an extended chance to show what he could do. There was never a question about his effort level the way there has been with Malone.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FuturePens on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:15 pm

Ryan Malone is way to slow for today's game ! He is a good 3rd liner, but tha's about it. Personally, I don't like him too much.
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitts on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:26 pm

HomerPenguin wrote:Thing is, you may be right, but Naslund just flat-out never got an extended chance to show what he could do. There was never a question about his effort level the way there has been with Malone.

Whaaat? Is thst why Vancouver decided not to tender him and told him to go home? After they let him into camp on a try-out, Naslund finally got it.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby HomerPenguin on Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:01 am

Pitts wrote:
HomerPenguin wrote:Thing is, you may be right, but Naslund just flat-out never got an extended chance to show what he could do. There was never a question about his effort level the way there has been with Malone.

Whaaat? Is thst why Vancouver decided not to tender him and told him to go home? After they let him into camp on a try-out, Naslund finally got it.

They didn't tender him and told him to go home because they thought he was lazy? That's news to me.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby netwolf on Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:07 am

HomerPenguin wrote:
Pitts wrote:

They didn't tender him and told him to go home because they thought he was lazy? That's news to me.

Nope, Pitts is right. When Naslund's contract was up with Vancouver after getting traded there, they did not resign him. He was UFA and could have gone anywhere. He ended up going back to Vancouver at or near the league minimum. At that point, a light went on and Naslund "got it." The rest is history.

People (not you) like to get on Patrick for the Naslund deal and some of that is deserved, but ANYONE could have signed Naslund. No one wanted him, save for Vancouver, but only on their terms.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jim on Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:20 am

netwolf wrote:Nope, Pitts is right. When Naslund's contract was up with Vancouver after getting traded there, they did not resign him. He was UFA and could have gone anywhere. He ended up going back to Vancouver at or near the league minimum. At that point, a light went on and Naslund "got it." The rest is history.

People (not you) like to get on Patrick for the Naslund deal and some of that is deserved, but ANYONE could have signed Naslund. No one wanted him, save for Vancouver, but only on their terms.

It's amazing how many times this has to be brought up again and again. You would think that people would finally grasp the concept after a while...
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Ryan Malone fans

Postby Super Slovak Surovy on Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:48 am

pensgirl12 wrote:Ryan Malone is my fav pen. Any other fans of him here??

go on the other pens board,
you'll find some other stragglers
Super Slovak Surovy

Postby MWW on Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:55 am

Super Slovak Surovy wrote:go on the other pens board

there are no other boards !!!

Admin, I think you should state this once again in the board rules ;-)
Last edited by MWW on Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
MWW
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Super Slovak Surovy on Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:58 am

MWW wrote:

Admin, I think you should state this once again in the board rules ;_)

NO...i meant the one on Pittsburghpenguins.com
Super Slovak Surovy

Postby Jim on Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:05 am

"He doesn't understand because he's small" - Goldfinger
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MWW on Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:22 am

Super Slovak Surovy wrote:
MWW wrote:

It was meant as a joke. See the insiders guide:

http://www.letsgopens.com/insidersguide.php

The "Other board"/"There is/are no other board[s]"
- Quite a few LGP regulars came from various mysterious other Penguins message boards. Once you get accustomed to LGP, you'll learn there are no other boards.
MWW
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Super Slovak Surovy on Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:50 am

MWW wrote:
Super Slovak Surovy wrote:
MWW wrote:

It was meant as a joke. See the insiders guide:

http://www.letsgopens.com/insidersguide.php

The "Other board"/"There is/are no other board[s]"
- Quite a few LGP regulars came from various mysterious other Penguins message boards. Once you get accustomed to LGP, you'll learn there are no other boards.

ooooooh...gotcha
Super Slovak Surovy

Postby Super Slovak Surovy on Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:51 am

Jim wrote:"He doesn't understand because he's small" - Goldfinger

?
Super Slovak Surovy

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins