Horrible nicknames for Ty Conklin

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Horrible nicknames for Ty Conklin

Postby ron_duguays_hair on Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:31 pm

Ty "Sled Dogg" Conklin

Ty "Caddyshack" Conklin

Ty "Give It Your Best Try" Conklin

Ty "The Legend" Conklin

I'm out.
ron_duguays_hair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,146
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:08 pm
Location: Lawrenceville

Postby pcm on Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:37 pm

"Ty Dye" Conklin
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,791
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:39 am
Location: mountains

Postby King Sid the Great 87 on Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:43 pm

Tyler "the tiger" Kennedy should offer to share his nifty new nickname.
King Sid the Great 87
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,982
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:41 am

Postby Noise on Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:48 pm

Conkblock is a horrible nickname.
Noise
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,439
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:35 am

Postby wallflower on Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:52 pm

King Sid the Great 87 wrote:Tyler "the tiger" Kennedy should offer to share his nifty new nickname.

It's pretty bad.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,913
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:19 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Postby Scotty Bowman on Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:55 pm

wallflower wrote:
King Sid the Great 87 wrote:Tyler "the tiger" Kennedy should offer to share his nifty new nickname.

It's pretty bad.


Not worse than "Gene, Gene, the scoring machine"

memo to Steiggy:

YOU'RE NOT MIKE LANGE!!!!!
Scotty Bowman
 

Postby crzymike on Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:58 pm

Scotty Bowman wrote:
wallflower wrote:
King Sid the Great 87 wrote:Tyler "the tiger" Kennedy should offer to share his nifty new nickname.

It's pretty bad.


Not worse than "Gene, Gene, the scoring machine"

memo to Steiggy:

YOU'RE NOT MIKE LANGE!!!!!
Theres only one Mike Lange and thats Mike Lange :D
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,912
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:41 pm
Location: monroeville

Postby Kicksave on Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:11 am

JailNoise wrote:Conkblock is a horrible nickname.


What is horrible about it?
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Postby 25+66+22=#1 on Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:12 am

Remember that Steigy first tried the "Evgenerator"..............I'm really missing Mike too. However one of my favorite things is leaving a great game (such as the 6-2 leaf game) and listening to Lange's radio replays on the way home.
25+66+22=#1
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Belle Vernon Pa

Postby ron_duguays_hair on Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:15 am

Kicksave wrote:
JailNoise wrote:Conkblock is a horrible nickname.


What is horrible about it?


I wish I would have thought of that
ron_duguays_hair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,146
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:08 pm
Location: Lawrenceville

Postby canaan on Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:16 am

ron_duguays_hair wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
JailNoise wrote:Conkblock is a horrible nickname.


What is horrible about it?


I wish I would have thought of that


i think stoosh would take it personally if anyone trashed such a witty moniker.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,207
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: H2S

Postby npv708 on Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:41 am

how bout chicken?

not like wimp, but as in tysons, they got good chicken...

ya i know its bad..
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,857
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:11 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Postby 25+66+22=#1 on Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:08 am

SPIDERPIG..........I just watched the "Simpsons Movie", I have to call someone spiderpig.
25+66+22=#1
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Belle Vernon Pa

Postby Guido on Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:11 am

ron_duguays_hair wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
JailNoise wrote:Conkblock is a horrible nickname.


What is horrible about it?


I wish I would have thought of that


ConkBlock is a great nickname. It's hillarious, but it also makes the point that he has been blocking opponents.
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,745
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:31 pm
Location: PA

Postby K2 on Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:12 am

Chris Berman > Paul Steigerwald

Stick to calling the game Steigy
K2
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,898
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:35 pm
Location: Kuhnhackl's German Army

Postby shane613 on Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:31 am

nickname him Michal Sivek
shane613
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,056
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: New Kensington

Postby crzymike on Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:33 am

How about we are with him win or TY :wink:
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,912
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:41 pm
Location: monroeville

Postby JCob on Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:48 am

Rock Out With Your Conk Out!!
JCob
 

Postby stopper40 on Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:51 am

25+66+22=#1 wrote:SPIDERPIG..........I just watched the "Simpsons Movie", I have to call someone spiderpig.


He's not spiderpig anymore. He's Harry Porker
stopper40
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,937
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:51 am
Location: BANNED for liking Butterfingers

Postby Stoosh on Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:20 am

canaan wrote:
ron_duguays_hair wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
JailNoise wrote:Conkblock is a horrible nickname.


What is horrible about it?


I wish I would have thought of that


i think stoosh would take it personally if anyone trashed such a witty moniker.


Canaan is right. I'm offended.

JailNoise, you can expect to be seeing a severed horse's head arriving on your doorstep shortly. (hahaha) :)
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,483
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:19 am
Location: Aliquippa, PA

Postby StanleyPuc on Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:59 am

when Conklin stops a breakaway...you've benn Conk Shelled.
StanleyPuc
 

Postby zivioJAGRzivio on Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:10 pm

25+66+22=#1 wrote:Remember that Steigy first tried the "Evgenerator"..............I'm really missing Mike too. However one of my favorite things is leaving a great game (such as the 6-2 leaf game) and listening to Lange's radio replays on the way home.


Lange is so far past his prime, he is not enjoyable to listen to anymore. Give Steiggy a break, he knows his stuff, he is a good announcer. It will take some time for him to get out of Lange's drunken shadow. I bet all you Lange supporters want Myron Cope to come back too.
zivioJAGRzivio
 

Postby Pops16 on Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:14 pm

zivioJAGRzivio wrote:
25+66+22=#1 wrote:Remember that Steigy first tried the "Evgenerator"..............I'm really missing Mike too. However one of my favorite things is leaving a great game (such as the 6-2 leaf game) and listening to Lange's radio replays on the way home.


Lange is so far past his prime, he is not enjoyable to listen to anymore. Give Steiggy a break, he knows his stuff, he is a good announcer. It will take some time for him to get out of Lange's drunken shadow. I bet all you Lange supporters want Myron Cope to come back too.


I don't know where this hostility comes from. I think Lange is as good as he was. I like listening to him on the radio talk about other teams and players, giving his personal interactions with people other than Pens. His style shows a respect for the SPORT as a whole that you don't get from a lot of announcers.
Pops16
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,446
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:29 am

Postby shmenguin on Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:29 pm

Pops16 wrote:
zivioJAGRzivio wrote:
25+66+22=#1 wrote:Remember that Steigy first tried the "Evgenerator"..............I'm really missing Mike too. However one of my favorite things is leaving a great game (such as the 6-2 leaf game) and listening to Lange's radio replays on the way home.


Lange is so far past his prime, he is not enjoyable to listen to anymore. Give Steiggy a break, he knows his stuff, he is a good announcer. It will take some time for him to get out of Lange's drunken shadow. I bet all you Lange supporters want Myron Cope to come back too.


I don't know where this hostility comes from. I think Lange is as good as he was. I like listening to him on the radio talk about other teams and players, giving his personal interactions with people other than Pens. His style shows a respect for the SPORT as a whole that you don't get from a lot of announcers.


watch the pens classic games dvd. it's a different milke lange than the guy who was on tv a couple of years ago.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,591
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Postby Hawkeynut on Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:36 pm

Conky Tonk
Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,932
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:52 am
Location: Somewhere between point A and point B

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: largegarlic, meow, Staggy and 17 guests


e-mail