Rendell's proposal per Pens

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Rendell's proposal per Pens

Postby newarenanow on Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:28 pm

The Pens say the arena plan Rendell proposed has holes in it, but if they can guarantee the money, they think it is a great plan. This is the second step. Now it is up to Onorato, Rendell and O'Connor to get guarantees from the other applicants to pay the money. They also need the arena site and lease terms.

If the dumb*sses can get this together, it just might work. Sawyer even said Forest City should be "jumping all over this".

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune ... 42544.html
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:38 pm

Man check out the link to the video of IoC's plan if you haven't already. That is one heck of a proposal. If it doesn't win, the fix will be in.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:37 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Man check out the link to the video of IoC's plan if you haven't already. That is one heck of a proposal. If it doesn't win, the fix will be in.

I just watched the video and it was awesome. I want the Pens to stay more than anything, but I'd also love to see the IOC full vision come about too. That would be so awesome for our city. WOW.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Guido on Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:46 pm

that's encouraging from the pens. glad to see them step away from 'slots license or bust', plus they publicly point out a valid gripe with rendell's plan b.
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:54 pm

Guido wrote:that's encouraging from the pens. glad to see them step away from 'slots license or bust', plus they publicly point out a valid gripe with rendell's plan b.

Yeah I am releived that they arent as gung ho as some of their followers. IOC is still the best whether or not there is a back up plan, they know it would be a win/win if the back up plan is actually doable. Which as of right now, it isnt. Seems like the Demos better do some tweaking, and soon.
NIN

Postby ExPatriatePen on Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:44 pm

Let's play a the game of 'What if'

What if... IoC doesn't get the license and Plan 'B' is what SW PA has to "Settle for".

Would the Pens be asked to Donate the land that they own?

Would the new Barn still be built according to the Pens spec?

Would the city level the Igloo? What would the plan be to develop the property where the Igloo now stands?

There are many many many unanswered questions about plan 'b'.

I'd love to see some answers...
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby newarenanow on Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:10 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:Let's play a the game of 'What if'

What if... IoC doesn't get the license and Plan 'B' is what SW PA has to "Settle for".

Would the Pens be asked to Donate the land that they own?

Would the new Barn still be built according to the Pens spec?

Would the city level the Igloo? What would the plan be to develop the property where the Igloo now stands?

There are many many many unanswered questions about plan 'b'.

I'd love to see some answers...

Those are the same questions the Pens have and want answered before they accept.

Per the article, they want guarantee the other slots applicants will pay the money, want to know where the arena will be built, and want to know the lease terms (ie. length, revenue, etc.)

I hope now the numbnuts we call Gov., Mayor, and Chief Executive now answer the Pens questions and get this thing rolling.

I still want the IOC to win though after seeing that video.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby netwolf on Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:41 pm

There is a lot of uncertainty surrounding the backup plan. It *could* be a good plan, but until all of the blanks are filled in and there are no more shoulds, coulds, or mights left in it, it's meaningless.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby topshelf on Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:38 pm

i just saw the IOC video, and all I can muster is :shock:

what a nice presentation. it'd be a shame if they don't get the slot license.
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Draftnik on Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:09 am

This is another positive sign for the Pens to stay in Pittsburgh with Harrah's/FC winning. Sawyer just said if A, B, and C happen we will throw IoC, aka the stalking horse, under the bus without hesitation.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kicksave on Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:27 am

Where can one see the isle of capri video?

edit:

nevermind, found it at http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/penguin ... irst-1.asx

is that the video we're all refering to?
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby HomerPenguin on Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:41 am

Draftnik wrote:This is another positive sign for the Pens to stay in Pittsburgh with Harrah's/FC winning. Sawyer just said if A, B, and C happen we will throw IoC, aka the stalking horse, under the bus without hesitation.

The point is, if A, B, and C happen there won't BE an IoC left to throw under anything. Once Fast Eddie's pals win the license, there is no more IoC to consider as far as the arena is concerned.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby bill from turtle creek on Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:57 am

Only time will tell for sure, but it looks like Sawyer is playing this whole thing pretty well. Bottom line, he wants a new arena. He isn't going to throw IoC under the bus publicly, but the Pens are in this first and foremost for the building.
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins