Game report 4-11-2005 Pens vs Flyers

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Game report 4-11-2005 Pens vs Flyers

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:57 pm

Pens vs Flyers

First game every at the Wach. It is the first arena I have watched a Penguins game at other than the Igloo, and I really hope a new arena is built for the Pens because the sightlines and closeness to the ice is outstanding.

I wouldn't say there is anything great about the arena though. Nothing that really stands out and makes you think you are in Philly other than the Flyers fans/ morons.

I did see a weird Wilt Chamberlin statue where he had like three arms for some reason.

There were about a handful of Penguin fans at the game. I went sans jersey, and most of the fans that had Pens gear on got booed and yelled out but I didn't see any D-cells flying though.

I won't go into to detail about the game since you probably saw a lot on TV.

Glad to not see Endicott. I was very happy when they announced he was scratched.

Crosby is even better to watch in person. He had two points tonight, but it did not seem like he was playing at 100%. He should have had that one goal where he circled around Esche then slammed backwards into the boards. The guy behind me had already called it a goal. That was pretty close.

The whole hit that led to the fight was great. The fight definitely got the loudest cheers out of everyone in the building. I'd give the fight to Cairns since it appeared that more of his punches connected with Brasher's face. Most of Brasher's punches hit Cairns in the shoulder or chest.

Cairns gave the crowd a nice salute before going in the box. That got a loud boo. Crosby was booed everytime he touched the puck. I loved to see him score. I also loved it when they tried to check him and the guy fell over and Crosby was still standing. he is really strong on his skates.

The fans love to boo and I think that is a lot of philly fans first words.

Although I would have loved to see a Penguin win, the fact that they came back to make it interesting was worth it. It was an entertaining game.

Two more things:

They showed some footage from Sudden Death when Van Dame fights with Igloo. It was included in their "anti-penguin" highlight reel. Also they seem to have a hard-on for Patrick Swaze. They showed a speech of his from Roadhouse. lol.

Well it late, and I'm tired. Good night everyone.
Last edited by Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:49 am

Now that its morning and I'm bored at work, I have remembered a couple more things.

Don't know how knowledgeable the fans are here(Philly) since two guys behind me kept asking were Gauthier was.

One guy kept continously shouting "This ain't figure-skating" as the Flyers tried to move the puck up ice.

After one of the linesman got hit with a stick to the face and then a puck to the dome a fan shouted "Maybe now you'll be able to see the lines better."

stay classy Philly
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jim on Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:20 am

DOn't have to worry about Endicott for the rest of the year. He is in WBS, yippie! Now if we could just get that Crosby kid to play well...
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins