Malkin=Sundin?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Malkin=Sundin?

Postby Mountaineer on Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:59 am

I think it was Buccigross who compared the two in his latest column. Personally, I think Malkin is the more talented player, but putting up Sundin-like numbers would be okay with me. I just hope, unlike Sundin, Malkin is able to win on a consistent basis.

Let's go Pens!!!
Mountaineer

Postby rante on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:33 am

Sundin has won the Swedish Elitserien (in his one and only season there, scoring 7 goals in 8 playoff games), the World Championship three times and this year he got an Olympic gold medal so it's a bit harsh to say that he hasn't been able to win on a regular basis, imho. Even a player like Ray Borque had to switch teams to be able to win the Stanley Cup (I'm not comparing their greatness as players, just an example).
rante

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins