Tim Panaccio speculates on Crosby's injury and other stuff

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Tim Panaccio speculates on Crosby's injury and other stuff

Postby Mad City Mike on Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:49 pm

At http://hockeybuzz.com/blogworld/blog.as ... &post=1799. BTW, he never did respond to me when I e-mailed him asking why the Flyers have more diving penalties than Sid, and more in the head to head matchups.

Tim Panaccio wrote:One of the Penguin beat writers told me it was suspected that Crosby has a groin injury caused when he accidentally speared himself on a play recently falling to the ice.

The NHL needs to move into the real world and force teams to divulge injuries...

... I don’t think Pittsburgh is going anywhere with Michel Therrien at the helm. Frankly, I wish someone in the league would give Phantoms coach John Stevens a stab at an NHL job. He’s done well with younger players.

I remain pessimistic about the Penguins chances to stay in Pittsburgh. And I don’t think they have enough public support around them, either.

I hope I’m wrong …
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Tim Panaccio speculates on Crosby's injury and other stu

Postby penny lane on Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:03 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:At http://hockeybuzz.com/blogworld/blog.as ... &post=1799. BTW, he never did respond to me when I e-mailed him asking why the Flyers have more diving penalties than Sid, and more in the head to head matchups.

Tim Panaccio wrote:One of the Penguin beat writers told me it was suspected that Crosby has a groin injury caused when he accidentally speared himself on a play recently falling to the ice.

The NHL needs to move into the real world and force teams to divulge injuries...

... I don’t think Pittsburgh is going anywhere with Michel Therrien at the helm. Frankly, I wish someone in the league would give Phantoms coach John Stevens a stab at an NHL job. He’s done well with younger players.

I remain pessimistic about the Penguins chances to stay in Pittsburgh. And I don’t think they have enough public support around them, either.

I hope I’m wrong …

he hopes he's wrong~ :roll: bull & horsefeathers. He's hoping the NHL
will just move Sid to the other PA team, just because.
Let him come to Pittsburgh next Tuesday to see the support.
:twisted: a pox on top of the pox already on the flyers
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Jim on Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:13 pm

What's up with all the negativity towards MT and young players? He turned WBS from laughing stock of inability to develop players into a strong team that is pumping out future NHLers. What part is confusing people?
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Mad City Mike on Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:44 pm

Jim wrote:What's up with all the negativity towards MT and young players? He turned WBS from laughing stock of inability to develop players into a strong team that is pumping out future NHLers. What part is confusing people?

I think there is a legitmate question as to whether his negative, dictatorial style can work over the longer term with NHL players. I myself am not convinced he is the right man for the job.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby wondermoose on Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:10 pm

Sounds like a guy that does his research :roll:
wondermoose
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby BJL on Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:16 pm

John Stevens? :roll:
BJL
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Jim on Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:21 pm

Mad City Mike wrote:
Jim wrote:What's up with all the negativity towards MT and young players? He turned WBS from laughing stock of inability to develop players into a strong team that is pumping out future NHLers. What part is confusing people?

I think there is a legitmate question as to whether his negative, dictatorial style can work over the longer term with NHL players. I myself am not convinced he is the right man for the job.

I think necessary negative reinforcement works better than blind positive. He doesn't blast people for just any reason. He calls a spade a spade, and I have no issues with that. People should be held accountable.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Fast B on Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:01 pm

Tim Panaccio wrote:And I don’t think they have enough public support around them, either.

Ha ha. What a ******.
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby MrKnowNothing on Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:05 pm

Who's more of a hack: Panaccio or Hatcher?
Last edited by MrKnowNothing on Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrKnowNothing

Re: Tim Panaccio speculates on Crosby's injury and other stu

Postby netwolf on Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:05 pm

Can we send Billy Tibbetts after Panaccio again? :roll: Not enough public support... yet another reason why no one should care what people outside of Pittsburgh say about the Pens, save for a select few national guys that actually take the time to do their homework.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eberhard on Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:32 pm

MT hasn't been too negative. Publically, anyway.
eberhard
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jasmine on Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:04 pm

Penny Lane wrote:
he hopes he's wrong~ bull & horsefeathers. He's hoping the NHL
will just move Sid to the other PA team, just because.
Let him come to Pittsburgh next Tuesday to see the support.
a pox on top of the pox already on the flyers

DITTO
See ya Tuesday!!
Jasmine
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:47 pm

eberhard wrote:MT hasn't been too negative. Publically, anyway.

Other than saying you honestly believe your defense's goal is to be the worst defensive corps in the league. But that's not being too negative, right? :lol:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jim on Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:08 am

netwolf wrote:Other than saying you honestly believe your defense's goal is to be the worst defensive corps in the league. But that's not being too negative, right? :lol:

Not if that is what they are showing and how they are playing.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Ron` on Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:16 am

At that point of the season it was factual. They were the worst defensive corp in the league. Saying they were aspiring to this title just drove the point home. It was one of MT's most blunt statements to the media. But I can't fault MT for making it to shake the tree.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Stoosh on Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:23 am

Thoughts on Panaccio's comments...

I got a kick out of the Penguins refusing to describe Crosby’s injury – they called it lower body _ these days. Every team in the NHL does this as the playoffs approach. It’s a joke. Plus, the Pens aren’t going to the playoffs, anyway...The NHL needs to move into the real world and force teams to divulge injuries.

Happens in the NFL all the time, Tim. NFL teams are less than forthcoming all the time about their injuries - playoff contention or not.

A few years ago, the Steelers listed one of their players as questionable with an injury to his "buttocks". I forget who it was (it wasn't Joey Porter...this was well after he came back from being shot). But the injury report said "Questionable: Player Name (buttocks)". I guess Tim would've felt better if we would've known that said player was questionable because of a bruise on his ass. There are such things as too much information.

I don’t think Pittsburgh is going anywhere with Michel Therrien at the helm.

There have been reports circulating that the Pens players are tuning Therrien out and that he's lost the team or whatever. I think Bruce Garrioch (Canada's resident Larry Brooks/Stan Fischler) mentioned this about a week ago.

I don't get it and I certainly don't see it in their play. And if the Pens are in fact tuning Therrien out, then I'm not even sure this Pens team needs a coach next year because they're playing some pretty damn competitive hockey right now. Maybe it's the old Herb Brooks corollary...if they all hate Therrien, they won't have time to spat with each other.

I do, however, share Mark Madden's concerns that Therrien's presence behind the bench could factor into the decisions of some free agents the Pens chase this offseason. In one respect, if a player is looking at the market and hoping to find a country club atmosphere to go to, I don't want him here anyway. We've had enough of that over the years and the last thing we need is another free agent going Ziggy Palffy on us.

But then again, I'm hoping the Pens stay away from the prima donna types this coming offseason anyway. So maybe it won't matter.

Apparently, someone hasn't been reading the local papers, listening to the talk shows or spending enough time getting the true buzz about the way the locals feel about this. It may not be THE main reason, but part of the reason Rendell had to go to a Plan B was because of the (perhaps unexpected) groundswell of support that emerged for the Isle of Capri plan and the pressure to keep the Pens here.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby FlyerNation on Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:30 am

Typical garbage from Timmy P. Anyone who knows him realizes he's a hack. He's a Clarke lackey and has no journalistic integrity.
FlyerNation

Postby jimjom on Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:03 am

Fast B wrote:
Tim Panaccio wrote:And I don’t think they have enough public support around them, either.

Ha ha. What a ******.

Well said! :lol:
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins