Official game thread - Rangers @ Penguins - GO SID!

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby 68forever on Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:13 pm

jmh470 wrote:
Vanbiesbrouck wrote:I think given the difference in number of goals it still goes to Ovechkin even if the points are even. He's been all over highlights, etc.

Voting shouldn't be based on who makes the highlight reel more often.

true but unfortunatly no one said life was fair and unforturnatly no one said this competition was fair, if it was we would have had hockey last yr. AO would have his trophy for his yr. and Sid would have his for this yr. but since last yr. was lost we will never know for sure and the two will forever be linked by their rookie yrs. and for yrs. to come, and forever compared to each other for what they both will accomplish for a long time to come.
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Vanbiesbrouck on Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:16 pm

jmh470 wrote:
Vanbiesbrouck wrote:I think given the difference in number of goals it still goes to Ovechkin even if the points are even. He's been all over highlights, etc.

No, it should not be. The media shouldn't decide Calder winners any more than they should decide political races. However, they do. Ovechkin will win it because he's been the big highlight goal scorer of the year, rookie or no.
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kicksave on Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:16 pm

68forever wrote:
jmh470 wrote:

true but unfortunatly no one said life was fair and unforturnatly no one said this competition was fair, if it was we would have had hockey last yr. AO would have his trophy for his yr. and Sid would have his for this yr. but since last yr. was lost we will never know for sure and the two will forever be linked by their rookie yrs. and for yrs. to come, and forever compared to each other for what they both will accomplish for a long time to come.

What year did Gretzky win the Calder?

My point exactally.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Reilly on Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:19 pm

Kicksave wrote:
68forever wrote:
jmh470 wrote:

What year did Gretzky win the Calder?

My point exactally.

Gretzky wasn't allowed to win the Calder.
Reilly

Postby Vanbiesbrouck on Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:21 pm

Kicksave wrote:What year did Gretzky win the Calder?

My point exactally.

What is your point exactly?
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kicksave on Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:22 pm

I know he didnt. All I meant was the Calder means nothing.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Henry Hank on Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:34 pm

Well, it's not like Gretzky didn't win it because someone else beat him. He simply wasn't deemed eligible. Certainly, he was the best first year player. I believe he tied for the scoring lead and won the Hart trophy. I doubt any first year player will ever be able to accomplish that again.

But you're right, the Calder doesn't really prove much. Jagr didn't get it, and he's the best player in the game.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Mango Salsa on Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:57 am

FallenHero96 wrote:Malkin won't run 2, he will be on 1 with Crosby.

Also, I wouldnt be surprised to see Malkin killing some penalties for the pens, he has done it alot in russia and the olympics, and has shown he's pretty darn good at it.

Imagine is Sid killed penalties this year, he'd have 20-25 more points. :)
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins