Father & Son enjoyed Pens win last night

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Father & Son enjoyed Pens win last night

Postby Bowser on Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:28 am

It was a good night for Perry to watch his first Pens game on tv. I explained all the rules and brought him up to speed on the current state of the organization.

When I said they could move, his response was... "wahhh wahhh". I said, those should "wahhs" should be reserved for mommy when she's watching Regis and Kelly. ha ha

Anyway, great game by Crosby. My son saw the future King of Hockey and I hope over the next 15 years, he'll grow up to idolize Sir Sidney.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,963
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:08 am

Postby Pitts on Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:30 am

Congrats on a job well done! Now, enjoy him for the rest of your life! :D
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,063
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Postby FlyerNation on Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:32 am

Last night was my sons first game without me. He went with his boys club. He had a blast. He asked me if it was okay to root for the Pens and I encouraged him and even bought him some Pens gear to wear. Told him to cheer as loud as he could for the Pens and boo the Rags because the Pens could help out the Flyers. Well the Pens held their end but not the Flyers.

He loved the game although he talked just as much about the Nachos as he did the game but kids are kids.
Last edited by FlyerNation on Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlyerNation
 

Postby pensrule on Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:33 am

Awesome! Another future Pens fan. My 5 year old has been watching since he was 3 and was really disappointed when FATA (of all people) was claimed on waivers. Needless to say with us getting Sid, he is enamoured with him. Here's to many years of watching the best game and player in the world with our kids! :D
pensrule
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:41 am
Location: Hampton, PA

Postby Pitts on Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:37 am

pensrule wrote:Awesome! Another future Pens fan. My 5 year old has been watching since he was 3 and was really disappointed when FATA (of all people) was claimed on waivers. Needless to say with us getting Sid, he is enamoured with him. Here's to many years of watching the best game and player in the world with our kids! :D

My younger son is 5 as well and whenever there is a Pen's game on, he asks me if Sidney Crosby scored yet. Everytime there is a score, he asks if Crosby got it. I never thought he'd get into hockey like my older one is, but Crosby can do it all I guess!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,063
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Postby pensrule on Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:41 am

Pitts wrote:
pensrule wrote:Awesome! Another future Pens fan. My 5 year old has been watching since he was 3 and was really disappointed when FATA (of all people) was claimed on waivers. Needless to say with us getting Sid, he is enamoured with him. Here's to many years of watching the best game and player in the world with our kids! :D

My younger son is 5 as well and whenever there is a Pen's game on, he asks me if Sidney Crosby scored yet. Everytime there is a score, he asks if Crosby got it. I never thought he'd get into hockey like my older one is, but Crosby can do it all I guess!


Sid sure has caused a groundswell amongst the youngsters. My boy wears #9 (in reference to Fata) for his Mite hockey team and asked me a couple days ago if he could get #87 next season. Highly unlikely with the costs of his teams jerseys and the demand from other players. Long live Rico...
pensrule
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:41 am
Location: Hampton, PA

Postby 25+66+22=#1 on Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:13 am

I've taken my 9 year old to 25 or so games this year. It has been nothing short of fantastic. I've had more fun this year with the Pens than i ever have, because he's with me. He's only 9 but he peppers me with questions about Mike Bossy, Jari Kurri, and Rick Tocchet. He loves the game. He's helped me fall back in love with the game too.
25+66+22=#1
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Belle Vernon Pa

Postby HockeyDaddy on Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:29 am

My son turns three this week. I have had him hooked on hockey since before he could walk. We have pics of him laying on his stomach with a hockey stick in his hand. I know...living out dad's failed dreams...but he loves it.

Any parent of a little guy needs to buy the Mylec knee hockey net and stick set. I cannot tell you how many hours of bonding that $20 purchase has brought my son and I. Everytime he scores he says CRRRROSBEEEE!...just like John Barbero.

I had him on the ice at 18 months...he may just be the next CRRRROSBEEE!
HockeyDaddy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,511
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: In Yo Face

Postby Admin on Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:05 pm

HockeyDaddy wrote:Any parent of a little guy needs to buy the Mylec knee hockey net and stick set. I cannot tell you how many hours of bonding that $20 purchase has brought.

I'll have to check that out. We have four Franklin foam sticks with Penguin logos on them that are a blast to play with.
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10,709
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:04 am

Postby Ashamed87 on Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:08 pm

What a great posting by all, with a son on the way within the next few weeks I cant wait to start watching and teaching him the game of hockey!!
Another pens fan is on the way
Ashamed87
 

Postby HockeyDaddy on Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:13 pm

Admin wrote:
HockeyDaddy wrote:Any parent of a little guy needs to buy the Mylec knee hockey net and stick set. I cannot tell you how many hours of bonding that $20 purchase has brought.

I'll have to check that out. We have four Franklin foam sticks with Penguin logos on them that are a blast to play with.


It seems that Dick's is now carrying Franklin with an $5 price increase...but still reasonable.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/produ ... 5587219337

Search the site for "knee hockey". The goalie stick is awesome! We bought the floor mat used on ebay and it is not worth it. The mat constantly bunches up and ruins the ball's roll.
HockeyDaddy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,511
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: In Yo Face

Postby Admin on Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:20 pm

HockeyDaddy wrote:It seems that Dick's is now carrying Franklin with an $5 price increase...but still reasonable.

What are those sticks made out of? Hard plastic?

My 1.5 year old would take my eye out with the way he swings the foam stick around. Do they sell helmets with visors? :lol:
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10,709
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:04 am

Postby HockeyDaddy on Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:23 pm

Admin wrote:
HockeyDaddy wrote:It seems that Dick's is now carrying Franklin with an $5 price increase...but still reasonable.

What are those sticks made out of? Hard plastic?

My 1.5 year old would take my eye out with the way he swings the foam stick around. Do they sell helmets with visors? :lol:


I have taken more than a few wacks in the shins and feet...but it is a good way to teach them to keep their sticks down! They are hard plastic...but I find that I need a new stick every month because they tend to get flimsy with repeated use.

We purchased a toddler goalie helmet for my son...but dad goes old school with out a helmet! :)
HockeyDaddy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,511
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: In Yo Face

Postby JeffTZ on Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:30 pm

I remember the number of Sunday afternoons my father and I would play 'living room' hockey with the TV being a goal and the love seat being the other goal.. I always shot against the Love seat =) We use to play for like an hour at a time..the living room would reak of sweat and gas.. which for some reason my mother always avoided the living room during our games.. but every game we would play would go to Overtime and first to 5 goals is the winner... But my father taking me to games from '86 (7years old) till about '93 till we got priced out thanks to Howard Baldwin.. plus folks had to pay for high school and college for the next 8 years... But after I graduated I got my own season tickets and paid for the whole package for the first year.. (my gift for 8 years of schooling) Now we go to about 15-20 games a year together out of my season ticket package.... and I know I cherish each one....
JeffTZ
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:18 pm
Location: Bethel Park

Postby Pitts on Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:44 pm

HockeyDaddy wrote:Any parent of a little guy needs to buy the Mylec knee hockey net and stick set. I cannot tell you how many hours of bonding that $20 purchase has brought my son and I. Everytime he scores he says CRRRROSBEEEE!...just like John Barbero.

We bought 2 of those nets, and used to set one up at each end of the roon during games and my son and I would shoot on each other all game long. He's a very capable goalie now as well as a shooter! Those nets are great!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,063
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Admin, AlexPKeaton, blurryhaze312, bringitonhome, Cagsjr724, Cedar Penn, DelPen, DeltaAgent, Eismann, eww7633, farnham16, Gabe, GDR, Hugo Stiglitz, Humperdink, Idoit40fans, iWonTheCup87, joopen, Kharlamov, lazydaze203, luv66, MalkinIsMyHomeboy, maopens, mayday56, meecrofilm, NashvilleCat, Nick92, nocera, pens2005, pens_CT, pens_srq, pensfaninhudsonvalley, PghSkins, pressure=9Pa, RentedMule66, rgj, Row_Z, RxBandit66, saleen66, sil, sniper, Steve, Steve Dave, Take the Body Shoot the Puck, themadstork, Top Shelf, Two Line Pass, Waffles, winger, Wyopen and 233 guests

e-mail