Tarnstrom: 0 points in his last 12 games.

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Tarnstrom: 0 points in his last 12 games.

Postby Reilly on Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:34 pm

4 points in 21 games and a -6 total

Jani Rita

7 points in 27 games and a -6 total

Cory Cross turned into a 4th round pick.

Your thoughts?
Reilly

Postby Vanbiesbrouck on Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:37 pm

Wash both ways I guess.

I'd think Tarnstrom should have had higher expectations and hopes that a change of scenery would help him, so maybe they have more to be disappointed about than the Pens do.

Rita looked alright and might have a spot depending on what happens with our 20 or 30 other 3rd line role players.
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Henry Hank on Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:40 pm

Getting rid of Tarnstrom was addition by subtraction. That was enough to make it a good deal. Same held true for Recchi and Jackman. It's no coincidence that the team is playing better now that most of the garbage from early on has been weeded out.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Reilly on Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:42 pm

Vanbiesbrouck wrote:Wash both ways I guess.

I'd think Tarnstrom should have had higher expectations and hopes that a change of scenery would help him, so maybe they have more to be disappointed about than the Pens do.

Rita looked alright and might have a spot depending on what happens with our 20 or 30 other 3rd line role players.

Rita and Kotlsov are the two biggest mysteries on this team. Both are very skilled, fast, great skaters, but why in the hell can't they do ANYTHING else? That's one of the problems with this team currently. They have too many players that are only good at one thing.
Reilly

Postby jmh470 on Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:45 pm

Rita doesn't make good decisions with the puck, so that's why he's playing with Roy. He's just another player who is incapable of taking full advantage of his skill.
jmh470
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby NJ5934 on Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:46 pm

Stats wise, fairly even.

My only problem is CP's failure to move players when the return value is the highest. I think when he was playing well, Tarnstrom was exactly what alot of teams wanted. Patrick sat on him though, let him fizzle which was magnified by the teams terrible start. In the end, we got probably all we could get for him. I'm over it. Our blueline got better by his absence. Rita won't be around long term, he'll vanish like the majority of returns Patrick brings in through trade.

We traded a guy we got for nothing and will eventualy end up with what we started....nothing.
NJ5934
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby FuturePens on Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:59 pm

jmh470 wrote:Rita doesn't make good decisions with the puck, so that's why he's playing with Roy. He's just another player who is incapable of taking full advantage of his skill.
[/quo

So Roy has skill? Oh my...
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jim on Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:03 pm

No, I think he meant that he is getting 5 minutes with Roy because that entire "line" has questionable skill..
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Steve on Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:46 pm

Rita and Kotlsov are the two biggest mysteries on this team. Both are very skilled, fast, great skaters, but why in the hell can't they do ANYTHING else? That's one of the problems with this team currently. They have too many players that are only good at one thing.

Not sure about Rita, but Koltsov can skate, hit and kill penalties pretty well - so that's three things. :) Now if those hands ever catch up with that skating......

Let's go Pens!
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Draftnik on Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:43 pm

Crap = Crap
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins