AO/SC scoring race...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

AO/SC scoring race...

Postby Jim on Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:46 pm

AO finished the game 1-1-2 so he is now 52-53-105 with 1 game left (TB).

SC so far is 0-3-3 so he currently has 38-62-100 with 1 game left (Tor).

AO is a scoring machine against Tampa Bay, in 7 games he is 5-4-9. SC has not fared as well against Toronto, in 3 games he is 0-2-2.

Getting blanked last game really hurt Crosby's stance. he is hoping the reverse tomorrow.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby relantel on Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:35 pm

Crosby could score 6 points tomorrow while AO is held scoreless and the media would still give the Calder to AO.

To me, accomplishment for age should carry some weight, but alas, it will not in enough voters. But by no means will AO be a unanimous choice.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby BacklashJack on Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:39 pm

relantel wrote:Crosby could score 6 points tomorrow while AO is held scoreless and the media would still give the Calder to AO.

To me, accomplishment for age should carry some weight, but alas, it will not in enough voters. But by no means will AO be a unanimous choice.

So what? The Caps fans whine about the bias towards Crosby and now Pens fans are whining about a bias towards AO. They both play different games, Sid has more Dzone responsibility as a center, but that is often overlooked, AO scores more goals, many spectacular. Let them vote, if AO gets it, you won't hear any complaining from me, they're both awesome.
BacklashJack

Postby Jim on Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:40 pm

Bias TOWARD Crosby??? I must have missed that...
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Stevens25 on Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:18 pm

To be honest,Crosby should get the Rookie of the year award because he is a more complete player than Ovehkin. Sure,scoring more points helps,but since when is the Calder trophy(or even the Hart)based on how many points scored? Of course,I am biased. :wink:
Stevens25

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins