Friggin FSP...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Friggin FSP...

Postby Jim on Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:15 pm

You are airing the PENGUIN game... after the game you talk hockey for 10 seconds then go into baseball play by play. Who F'n cares?!?!?! We are watching the F'n hockey game, we are F'n hockey fans, we want F'n hockey scores and news.

They're STILL talking baseball...

Now they are talking about yesterdays baseball game...

They are F'n clueless!!!

Slapnuts... YOUR AUDIENCE ARE HOCKEY FAMS WATCXHING A HOCKEY GAME. Because you decided to change sports... you lost most of your viewers.

They are STILL talking baseball...

****!!!
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Kicksave on Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:30 pm

Relax, its PITTSBURGH SPORTS TONIGHT not Pittsburgh Hockey Tonight.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jim on Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:37 pm

But it's a hockey audience. There are other hockey games on. We do not, on average, want to watch a hockey game and get a bunch of baseball news. We want to watch a hockey game and get hockey news. When I am done watching the Pens game I would much rather find out what the scores of the other HOCKEY games were. I do not want 10-15 seconds of hocke followed by 15 minutes of baseball. If you watch Center Ice it seems like the other sports outlets (Sunshine, Altitude, CBC, etc) actually talk hockey during the intermissions and after the games (sometimes they do not go off the air right away). I currently have the Col/Edm game, Colorado feed on, period break. They haven't mentioned another sport yet. The Pens second break went like this "Welcome to the second period break of the Penguins game... Today the Pittsburgh Pirates..." MORONS!
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby SportsFan on Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:39 pm

Get use to it dude. Season is over.
SportsFan

Postby Jim on Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:41 pm

SportsFan wrote:Get use to it dude. Season is over.

yeah well... I won't be watchng a hockey game and wondering what the other HOCKEY game scores are then... So that point is moot. It still doesn't change that the FSP programing people are MORONS.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Goalie on Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:44 pm

Well its hard to blame FSP for their coverage tonight, they covered the whole shirt off the back ceremony and are now airing Sid's post game interview.

Also as someone said above its Pittsburgh Sports Tonight, not just a hockey show, lets not act like hockey fans are only hockey fans, I was interested in seeing the quick highlights from the baseball game, so what if they aired them right after the game.

Once again, as was beaten into the ground when people whined about Steelers coverage, its about ratings. Show the Pirates highlights is a lot better for the station than airing the Colorado/Edmonton score.

The Crosby interview just ended, the poll they are running tonight is whether or not you are already excited for the 06-06 season. Now Dan Potash is narrating a story about how the fans kept coming all year despite the record the season.

The Penguins are not exactly getting slighted tonight.
Goalie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Defence21 on Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:58 pm

Normally, I would agree with you on this, however, it is the beginning of the Pirates season and the end of the Penguins season. So coverage of the Pirates is "more" important right now, as they have a full season ahead of them.

In addition, as someone mentioned above, it is Pittbsurgh Sports tonight, not NHL Hockey Tonight or even Pittsburgh Hockey Tonight. The main purpose of the show is to highlight regional games and games that have meaning to regional teams.

Lastly, the audience is not 100% hockey fans. In fact, I would venture to say that 50% of tonight's show was not hockey fans. PST is something I watch on a nightly basis, no matter what game was on. I watch it to get a recap of everything, not just one game -- especially one that I just watched. I just find it hard to fault them for not showing highlight after highlight of a game that was just on.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby saveourpens on Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:35 pm

Defence21 wrote: So coverage of the Pirates is "more" important right now, as they have a full season ahead of them.

Consider them finished. :lol:
saveourpens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Stevens25 on Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:39 pm

saveourpens wrote:
Defence21 wrote: So coverage of the Pirates is "more" important right now, as they have a full season ahead of them.

I second that. When's Steeler training camp start?! :P
Stevens25

Postby newarenanow on Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:06 am

Stevens25 wrote:
saveourpens wrote:

I second that. When's Steeler training camp start?! :P

Don't forget the NFL draft in a week and a 1/2. That is my final highlight after the Pens season and until Pitt/Steelers start playing football. I hate baseball.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby netwolf on Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:19 am

I've got no problem with someone being critical of FSP for their post game coverage. I will give them much deserved credit for airing the pregame awards and post-game jersey giveaways.

That said, their intermissions have been subpar all year. Every intermission is the same: first segment - player interview, 30 secs or less, middle segment - anything BUT hockey, mostly local sports news, last segment - game recap.

Their post-game is better, but I find it to be a little disjointed and the hockey info is scattered all throughout the telecast. At the end of the game, most nights they are cutting away from the area to get to their SportsCenter rip-off show before the final horn is finished going off. They do a good job most nights of getting some lockerroom interviews before the show is over. I think many hockey fans would prefer an actual half-hour post game show of all hockey though. Televise the three stars and get one of them for a minute interview. Take a quick commericial break, then come back and do the highlights, then get the TV crew to do their warp-up. By then the lockerroom video should be availble. Maybe take some calls like the old Hockey Hotline show, but after hearing the radio callers most nights, I'm not sure that's a good idea. :wink:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Vanbiesbrouck on Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:31 am

I miss hockey hotline.
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins