For those who went to the game...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby NIN on Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:30 am

Ben Klingston wrote:
ziggystardust wrote:I still don't understand the fuss over 100.
Will Penguins fans explode with joy if he gets to 104 during the next game?

Uhhh, yes.

It's a big deal because it makes him a VERY legitimate Caldur canidate. I tried getting the "CAL-DUR CAL-DUR" chants going but they turned into "CROS-BY". :D

Ovechkin has logged over 90 minutes more icetime than Crosby so I think the amount of points each player has is a wash. Crosby is up to -1 and if he finishes with a stronger game than Ovechkin it will be VERY close.
NIN

Re: For those who went to the game...

Postby penny lane on Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:54 am

Tomas wrote:
Reilly wrote:just how amazing was it when Crosby scored his 100 point eh? For those that missed it or couldn't be there, you missed out on an experience that cannot be emulated. 17,000+ people screaming as loud as they can for like 5 mins is unexplainable. I must say, it was probably the best game I've ever been to. God bless student rush.

It must have been a great game, but the best game ever was simply this one:
http://letsgopens.com/scripts/dbman/box/2694.htm
(the "two minute from elimination if not for the one-legged, groin-teared Jagr magic" kind of game :wink: )

Mr. Tomas those 2 Jaromir goals were magical...against the #1 seeded
devils. But you need to also include that stanely cup #1 game against the blackhawks...Mario's goal, 12 seconds left in the game with his HOF amers'
linemates. Minus the F balconies in the igloo that ovation was explosive.

Last night's ovation was a thank-you to Sidney! Saying thank-you for keeping his passion / zeal and competativeness regardless of wins/losses.
Plus fighting through his own pressures from the enormous media glare.
I'm a sentimental sap but just like Jaromir's goals help saved pens in
their bankruptcy season; Sid's arrival in Pittsburgh + support from the fans & IOC will maybe give these pens a solid & no doubts about remaining in Pittsburgh.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby dman66 on Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:35 am

last nights game was awesome. when sid scored, i lost my voice. i barelly have one today and i wouldnt have it any other way. it did feel like a playoff game, and it was amazing. at times, i just looked around and took everything in, with a packed house and all. fleury was outstanding as well. i was there for game one, as well, and that didnt come close to this game. i end the year 5-2, so not too bad. im hoping to get a flex 10 pack if they have it next year. it all went so fast, but it was an awesome evening
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pensfan66 on Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:30 am

Only wish I could have been there!!! I was there when Mario scored 600 and that was amazing, I am sure this was too!!! Cannot wait till next season to see what Sir Sidney will do next. LETS GO PENS!!!!!!!
pensfan66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby dman66 on Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:39 am

pensfan66 wrote:Only wish I could have been there!!! I was there when Mario scored 600 and that was amazing, I am sure this was too!!! Cannot wait till next season to see what Sir Sidney will do next. LETS GO PENS!!!!!!!

no way, i was at marios 600th too. of course, i was a wee little dman back then, but that was crazy as well. always remember, if kerry fraser didnt wave off that goal, mario doesnt get 600 that night
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby relantel on Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:41 am

Tomas wrote:
Reilly wrote:just how amazing was it when Crosby scored his 100 point eh? For those that missed it or couldn't be there, you missed out on an experience that cannot be emulated. 17,000+ people screaming as loud as they can for like 5 mins is unexplainable. I must say, it was probably the best game I've ever been to. God bless student rush.

(the "two minute from elimination if not for the one-legged, groin-teared Jagr magic" kind of game :wink: )

Look at the roster for the Pens in that game - names like Dollas and Ignatiev and Andrusak and Kesa and the like. That was a good series, and a good game 7. But for drama, the game 6 vs Buffalo in 2001 with the "immaculate deflection" for staving off elimination... http://letsgopens.com/scripts/dbman/box/2888.htm
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby fourtKNOX on Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:07 pm

skullman80 wrote:
Thanks. I work for VZW so I get to switch out phones fairly often. I only touched up the color lightly in photoshop everything else is untouched.

ahhhhhhh so which phone would you recomend me purchasing in the next week... they are running a pretty sweet promo on the "razor" but i am fearful that I will break it in two weeks! any thoughts?
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby tluke53 on Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:22 pm

Last nights game was unbelievable. I friend that I was with actually said that he would rather be at the Bucco game. I spent the better part of the first period to convince him. I guess I should have just waited until the game was over. It did all the convincing.
tluke53
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby mojination on Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:08 pm

I'll admit, last night was probably one of best moments since the cup years for me as a Pens fan.

Kasper's goal vs Buffalo is up there too but actually being in the building for this was amazing.

To top if off I predicted Crosby would get his points last night on 3 assists at the bar pre-game. But that's besides the point.
mojination

just a great game last night

Postby rasbatch on Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:14 pm

even if I didn't win the 2 year car lease, or anything for that matter :lol: it was really fun to see malone score a couple and fluery was amazing. Just a great game all around. Only way it could have been better was if it was against philly. :twisted:
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby relantel on Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:34 pm

tluke53 wrote:Last nights game was unbelievable. I friend that I was with actually said that he would rather be at the Bucco game. I spent the better part of the first period to convince him. I guess I should have just waited until the game was over. It did all the convincing.

Whoa, Bucs more important than Pens? Hopefully he's straightened out now.. ;)
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Ben Klingston on Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:24 pm

Tomas wrote:

Abso-friggin-lutely. Best sporting event I've ever been at, easily. It was even in my profile over at the 'old board'!
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins