CP wept openly after Crosby reached 100

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

CP wept openly after Crosby reached 100

Postby jmh470 on Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:36 am

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune ... 44792.html

I think it dawned on him that he won't be around to watch Crosby blossom into the best player in the NHL.
jmh470
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby NIN on Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:44 am

Did you ever see the documentary on the "Miracle"? CP fought back tears when he said,"Those guys deserved that medal."

Crosby deserved those 100 points.
NIN

Re: CP wept openly after Crosby reached 100

Postby newarenanow on Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:45 am

jmh470 wrote:http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/penguinslive/s_444792.html

I think it dawned on him that he won't be around to watch Crosby blossom into the best player in the NHL.

Great article. This team better stay here forever.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Reilly on Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:46 am

I hope CP is back.
Reilly

Postby Daniel on Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:37 am

Reilly wrote:I hope CP is back.

:roll:
Daniel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby dman66 on Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:28 am

Reilly wrote:I hope CP is back.

probably not. after the game last night, i saw him walking out to his car. i yelled, hey craig, see you next year. he mouthed back at me i hope so.
not that i want to have him back, but i also dont think he will be back
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby FallenHero96 on Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:53 am

I am one of the guys that get on CP's case because of the bonehead moves he has made within the last 6 or 7 years. This isnt to say that I don't like the man, reading that article made me feel kinda sad. CP was a huge part of hockey in Pittsburgh.

I still think its time for CP to move on, but I don't think any of us ever doubted that he didnt try to do his best to make this hockey club the best he could. I respect that.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:15 am

FallenHero96 wrote:I am one of the guys that get on CP's case because of the bonehead moves he has made within the last 6 or 7 years. This isnt to say that I don't like the man, reading that article made me feel kinda sad. CP was a huge part of hockey in Pittsburgh.

I still think its time for CP to move on, but I don't think any of us ever doubted that he didnt try to do his best to make this hockey club the best he could. I respect that.

I agree. It isn't like he is a bad guy who was deliberately trying to sabotage the franchise. The moves he made this summer made sense but I can't help but wonder what a younger, more motivated GM with something to prove would have done to get Kovalev and Kariya here.
NIN

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:24 am

From the bottom of the article: "Imagine what it'll be like if this team ever starts winning."

Where were you in the early 90s? Like that but even better!
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby jwit on Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:39 am

Can we give up on the kovalev crap already, the guy made a freakin fortune this year and had 22 goals. C'mon Let go already.
jwit
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby relantel on Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:46 am

jwit wrote:Can we give up on the kovalev crap already, the guy made a freakin fortune this year and had 22 goals. C'mon Let go already.

Chances are Kovy would have had a better season in black and gold, but Kovy chose to be in Montreal. Given that Palffy, the head-to-head choice that replaced the spot Kovy might have taken, retired midway though with 11 goals, it seems that either was about a wash. And the Pens don't have to pay the rest of Palffy's salary. I consider them better in the long run for that.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby topshelf on Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:51 am

Awesome article. I will miss CP as a person. You know that his heart is poured into this club. Look at the Lemieux/Cancer press conference and such. The man's heart strings are definately attached to the Pittsburgh Penguins' franchise. He has had a hall of fame hockey career, and has been a cornerstone to this team for so many years.

That being said, I do believe it is time for him to go. Whether it is retirement, a smaller job with the franchise, or GM somewhere else, this is a new era for the Pittsburgh Penguins, and we can't hang on to the things of old.
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Tocchet on Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:25 am

CP was horrible, and those "heart strings" were part of the problem.
Tocchet
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins