Saw some major jersey fouls lately

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby Gage18 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:17 pm

there is nothing worse than going to a Pens vs. Caps game and some one shows up with a Habs jersey...i wanna just shake them violently
Gage18
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JS© on Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:25 pm

Gage18 wrote:there is nothing worse than going to a Pens vs. Caps game and some one shows up with a Habs jersey...i wanna just shake them violently

That one doesn't bother me too much, especially if the jersey is of a player who used to play elsewhere but is currently playing for one of the teams on the ice.

i.e. somebody showing up to a Penguins game with a Conklin Oilers jersey, a Roberts Canes jersey, or a Sykora Mighty Ducks jersey.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby helmespc on Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:30 pm

Having a Laukkenen jersey isn't so bad.... having one of any player or former player on the correct era jersey is ok as far as I'm concerned.... Nothing wrong with a Pidgeon Moran jersey....
helmespc
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Coozman1 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:30 pm

NO WAY! An auth Malkin and it's spelled wrong? What a waste of $300
Coozman1
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Gage18 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:35 pm

JS© wrote:
Gage18 wrote:there is nothing worse than going to a Pens vs. Caps game and some one shows up with a Habs jersey...i wanna just shake them violently

That one doesn't bother me too much, especially if the jersey is of a player who used to play elsewhere but is currently playing for one of the teams on the ice.

i.e. somebody showing up to a Penguins game with a Conklin Oilers jersey, a Roberts Canes jersey, or a Sykora Mighty Ducks jersey.

I competely agree with you but i mean...i have been to games where someone is wearng like...a Koivu jersey to a pens vs caps game...i cant stand it...
Gage18
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Saw some major jersey fouls lately

Postby Profiler on Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:03 pm

ron_duguays_hair wrote:#1 Saw a guy had a custom pens jersey put his name and number on the back but then on the front put a "C".

LOL you're in charge chief!

#2 Saw a woman with a custom "Iceberg #00" jersey. Please just hand me over your tickets please.

#3 Circa 1991 pens jersey with Crosby #87 on the back. This might be contraversal but IMO this is a jersey foul.

Feel free to post your own. I am forgetting the best one right now and that's too bad because it was hilarious...oh yeah

#4 Swear to god I saw a janne laukkanen jersey at the Kings game. I didn't even know they made more than one.

On the positive side I saw a sweet Seals one at the Sens game. Good work!

I agree with you on #'s 1-3, but I kinda dig the "random ex pen" jerseys......especially that #44 Brown jersey that pops up on occasion in C18, LOL (and no, it isnt me :wink: )
Profiler

Postby Profiler on Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:07 pm

Pipes Hochuli wrote:
canaan wrote:im appalled that you have sullied sir laukkanen's name.

if i would've had the financial means at the time, i would own a laukkanen jersey.

and i probably would've owned a hans jonsson.....ziggystardust we all know would be sporting the melichar

HAHAHAHAHAHA, oh ziggy, where have you gone? To Europe with your mancrush?
Profiler

Postby Gonchar's #1 fan on Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:14 pm

[quote]
#2 Saw a woman with a custom "Iceberg #00" jersey. Please just hand me over your tickets please. [/quote]

I saw some lady at the game wearing one of these and couldn't understand the logic of buying an Iceburgh jersey.
Gonchar's #1 fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kaizer on Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:42 pm

My dad bought me a straka jersey for christmas in '02. problem was, it was #84.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Jopaz on Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:53 pm

Gage18 wrote:
JS© wrote:

I competely agree with you but i mean...i have been to games where someone is wearng like...a Koivu jersey to a pens vs caps game...i cant stand it...

What about the people who go to a Pens game with their Big Ben or Hines Ward jersey? Come on, I understand that you are thinking you are supporting the Pittsburgh team, but this just doesn't make sense. Would anyone wear a Crosby jersey to a Steelers game?
Jopaz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ulf on Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:54 pm

Jopaz wrote:
Gage18 wrote:
JS© wrote:

What about the people who go to a Pens game with their Big Ben or Hines Ward jersey? Come on, I understand that you are thinking you are supporting the Pittsburgh team, but this just doesn't make sense. Would anyone wear a Crosby jersey to a Steelers game?

I wore a Fleury jersey to the Pirate game on the day of the Pens' first home playoff game last year. :)
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Jopaz on Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:59 pm

ulf wrote:
Jopaz wrote:
Gage18 wrote:
JS© wrote:

I wore a Fleury jersey to the Pirate game on the day of the Pens' first home playoff game last year. :)

OK, I can see how that makes sense....after all, it was playoffs for the Pens and a Pirates game in April. You would have been better off going to a bar to watch the hockey game.
Jopaz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Spikey on Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:02 pm

There are more than one of those Iceburgh jerseys. I saw a guy wearing one not too long ago.
Spikey
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ulf on Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:13 pm

Jopaz wrote:
ulf wrote:
Jopaz wrote:
Gage18 wrote:
JS© wrote:

OK, I can see how that makes sense....after all, it was playoffs for the Pens and a Pirates game in April. You would have been better off going to a bar to watch the hockey game.

It was actually a 1 oclock game, with the Pens later, so I went to see if there were any good deals with the scalper :shock:
i watched the pens at home...
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby brightonrock on Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:20 pm

I have a Stojanov jersey...beat that..hehe
brightonrock

Postby ron_duguays_hair on Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:35 pm

Profiler wrote:
ron_duguays_hair wrote:#1 Saw a guy had a custom pens jersey put his name and number on the back but then on the front put a "C".

#2 Saw a woman with a custom "Iceberg #00" jersey. Please just hand me over your tickets please.

#3 Circa 1991 pens jersey with Crosby #87 on the back. This might be contraversal but IMO this is a jersey foul.

Feel free to post your own. I am forgetting the best one right now and that's too bad because it was hilarious...oh yeah

#4 Swear to god I saw a janne laukkanen jersey at the Kings game. I didn't even know they made more than one.

I agree with you on #'s 1-3, but I kinda dig the "random ex pen" jerseys......especially that #44 Brown jersey that pops up on occasion in C18, LOL (and no, it isnt me :wink: )

That might be me actually. I sometimes bust out my 1989 Brown jersey.
ron_duguays_hair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Profiler on Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:46 pm

ron_duguays_hair wrote:
Profiler wrote:

My friend has one too, classic........I would love to find a Stu Barnes Jersey on e-bay for a reasonable price. He was one of my fav's.

As for the people complaining about those people wearing "Canadien Jerseys" to Pens games.....well, maybe they are from Montreal, and are just in town and decided to go to the game. I know when I went to a game in Tampa, I was sporting my #66 jersey, and no, the Pens werent playing either. Do I get a foul for that? If so, tough ****, deal with it, LOL.
Profiler

Postby JS© on Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:40 pm

ron_duguays_hair wrote:
Profiler wrote:

I still have my Brown jersey. It's a shame that a 1989 L jersey is not the same size as a 2008 L jersey. Could I wear it? Sure. Would it be comfortable? Probably not.

I refuse to mention the jersey I have that used to belong to a certain #95.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gage18 on Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:31 am

Profiler wrote:
ron_duguays_hair wrote:
Profiler wrote:

My friend has one too, classic........I would love to find a Stu Barnes Jersey on e-bay for a reasonable price. He was one of my fav's.

As for the people complaining about those people wearing "Canadien Jerseys" to Pens games.....well, maybe they are from Montreal, and are just in town and decided to go to the game. I know when I went to a game in Tampa, I was sporting my #66 jersey, and no, the Pens werent playing either. Do I get a foul for that? If so, tough ****, deal with it, LOL.

hey, you have a right to your own opinion...but i still think its stupid...
Gage18
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sabres_Fan on Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:37 am

Im sorry but the worst are those steeler/hockey jersys. I've seen a few of em in my day.
Sabres_Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: Pittsburgh, pa (via Buffalo in a little town known as Pominville)

Postby Sabres_Fan on Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:44 am

someone please buy this and send it to Madden.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JEROME-BETTIS-SIGNE ... dZViewItem
Sabres_Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sabres_Fan on Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:45 am

899.99 "But it Now" price lol..... Come on guys it's an investment!!!
Sabres_Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby canaan on Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:11 am

Sabres_Fan wrote:someone please buy this and send it to Madden.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JEROME-BETTIS-SIGNE ... dZViewItem

lol. wow. that is officially the worst thing i've ever seen.

i'd rather have the misspelled malkin jersey.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Slick, Arnold on Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:50 am

Slick, Arnold
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby ron_duguays_hair on Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:16 am

Slick, Arnold wrote:This one's pretty awesome...

http://cgi.ebay.com/PITTSBURGH-PENGUINS ... dZViewItem

Sweet. The carmel color is a nice touch.
ron_duguays_hair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins