Why isnt FLEURY playing?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Why isnt FLEURY playing?

Postby letsgowbspens66 on Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:19 pm

Is Fleury just down there incase Sabourin has some trouble?
letsgowbspens66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Why isnt FLEURY playing?

Postby DelPen on Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:21 pm

letsgowbspens66 wrote:Is Fleury just down there incase Sabourin has some trouble?

Probably. Sabourin has played extremely well and the fans would crucify Mullen if he put Fleury in. It's Sabourin's job to lose but hopefully if Fleury has to play he gets back to his .75 GAA and .989 Save % or whatever insane numbers he had before he was called up.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby letsgowbspens66 on Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:23 pm

Yea im listing to the game and it sounds like Sabourin is playing like a stud so far.
letsgowbspens66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Rychster on Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:24 pm

letsgowbspens66 wrote:Yea im listing to the game and it sounds like Sabourin is playing like a stud so far.

Link?
Rychster
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby wondermoose on Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:28 pm

Sabourin won the Goaltender of the Year away in the AHL this year.... We ARE SO STACKED in the goaltender department right now. Fleury speaks for himself, Caron is, in my opinion, an outstanding NHL back up, and Sabourin could either become the back up if Caron is sent packing, or bring in some good prospects. Then Chiodo isn't half bad either.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DelPen on Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:30 pm

wondermoose wrote:Sabourin won the Goaltender of the Year away in the AHL this year.... We ARE SO STACKED in the goaltender department right now. Fleury speaks for himself, Caron is, in my opinion, an outstanding NHL back up, and Sabourin could either become the back up if Caron is sent packing, or bring in some good prospects. Then Chiodo isn't half bad either.

If Sabourin has another strong season next year the Pens will have an interesting choice between Caron and Sabourin, or one of the guys they have in Europe, to be Fleury's backup. I'm all for keeping Caron in the fold though unless he wants more money than he's worth to the team.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Reilly on Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:30 pm

They're not going to have enough nets in training camp next season.
Reilly

Postby netwolf on Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:31 pm

I think I read that Mullen had stated both of them would get work. It's a tough call either way. Fleury is the #1 goalie in the organization but Sabourin has been nothing short of excellent for them and was named team MVP.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DelPen on Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:32 pm

netwolf wrote:I think I read that Mullen had stated both of them would get work. It's a tough call either way. Fleury is the #1 goalie in the organization but Sabourin has been nothing short of excellent for them and was named team MVP.

But how happy do you have to be if you are Mullen and if you have to go to your bench it's MAF that goes in?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby wondermoose on Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:37 pm

DelPen wrote:
netwolf wrote:I think I read that Mullen had stated both of them would get work. It's a tough call either way. Fleury is the #1 goalie in the organization but Sabourin has been nothing short of excellent for them and was named team MVP.

But how happy do you have to be if you are Mullen and if you have to go to your bench it's MAF that goes in?

While the organization has done practically nothing to make the NHL team better at the present, it's pretty darn impressive at how deep the roster goes for the future.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Rychster on Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:52 pm

Is webcast worth it? I have cable.
Rychster
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Henry Hank on Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:19 pm

I don't really consider Sabourin an asset. He's like 26. He's a non-prospect, probably just a career minor leaguer. He looked bad the one game he got called up.

Caron's ok. I think he's a decent back-up. I don't think our goaltending depth is anything special. Fleury is special, but it stops there.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby jmh470 on Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:41 pm

I've used the webcast in the past and it works fine. You do have to listen to Tom Grace, though.
jmh470
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby BurghThing on Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:44 pm

jmh470 wrote:I've used the webcast in the past and it works fine. You do have to listen to Tom Grace, though.

Could be worse, they could have Bob Grove as the color man ;)
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby netwolf on Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:23 pm

BurghThing wrote:
jmh470 wrote:I've used the webcast in the past and it works fine. You do have to listen to Tom Grace, though.

Could be worse, they could have Bob Grove as the color man ;)

That would improve the broadcast in that Grace would have less time to talk. Grove may be bland, but Grace makes me want to headbutt a porcupine.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby BurghThing on Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:25 pm

I lost the feed :(

Whats the score?
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins