Milan Kraft

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Milan Kraft

Postby Zach6668 on Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:45 am

Does anybody have any idea what has happened to him?

Last I heard he was developping pretty nicely...

- Zach
Zach6668
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby André on Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:03 am

Was it 41 points in 60 games during 03-04?

I remember he had a 7 game scoring streak in which he tallied 14 points =)

How about him as 3rd line center?
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby André on Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:32 am

He's not been to sweden.

Checked on The Internet Hockey Database:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... B%5D=45185

2005-06 Karlovy Vary HC Czech GP 19 G 7 A 5 P 12

Not to shabby.

And look at his WHL and AHL stats :) Still only one productive NHL season though. But that was as late as 03-04. Bring him back =)
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pitts on Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:17 am

Deas wrote:How about him as 3rd line center?

Ryan Malone isn't good enough for you? Malone does things Kraft was far too scared to try...like work the corners and drive hard to net, many times giving up his body to get there. We no longer need Kraft on this roster. Your middle next season will be Crosby, Malkin, Malone and Talbot. That's a sweet middle you got there!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:28 am

Pitts wrote:

Ryan Malone isn't good enough for you? Malone does things Kraft was far too scared to try...like work the corners and drive hard to net, many times giving up his body to get there. We no longer need Kraft on this roster. Your middle next season will be Crosby, Malkin, Malone and Talbot. That's a sweet middle you got there!

I would say that if you added Kraft and Morozov back into the mix as wingers, they would be ahead of everyone except perhaps Armstrong, LeClair and possibly Hilbert.

I'm not saying that they need to go that way, but if the new GM looks at all of the assets at his fingertips to build for next season - I would assume that he would see these two as having some role to play in that process. Trade their rights if nothing else.

These were a few of the moves that CP made that just didn't add up to me. If they aren't in our plans, fine, but couldn't guys who have shown some ability to score in the NHL be worth at least a draft pick? His approach was akin to burning a $100 bill when you need all the cash you can get.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby André on Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:43 am

Pitts wrote:

True. Leclair - Malone - Koltsov will be the 3rd line I guess. Can't malone play wing though? Or kraft? Watching Kraft's numbers in the 03/04 season makes me want him back :)
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby freq019 on Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:48 am

IMO kraft is too slow to play in the new NHL
freq019
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PensFanBryan on Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:48 am

I wouldnt expect to see Kraft back this season. If Malkin makes the move there is no need for Kraft.
PensFanBryan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitts on Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:34 am

Deas wrote:
Pitts wrote:

True. Leclair - Malone - Koltsov will be the 3rd line I guess. Can't malone play wing though? Or kraft? Watching Kraft's numbers in the 03/04 season makes me want him back :)

I just don;t see him making his way back to the NHL. If I recall correctly, he didn't fare too well in Europe the past 2 seasons. I think he's toast.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby netwolf on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:05 pm

The Snapshot wrote:I would say that if you added Kraft and Morozov back into the mix as wingers, they would be ahead of everyone except perhaps Armstrong, LeClair and possibly Hilbert.

I'm not saying that they need to go that way, but if the new GM looks at all of the assets at his fingertips to build for next season - I would assume that he would see these two as having some role to play in that process. Trade their rights if nothing else.

They can't trade Morozov's rights. He's UFA now. I'm not sure about Kraft.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby relantel on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:10 pm

netwolf wrote:

I think they will both be UFAs come July 1. But in theory, the rights to be able to negotiate before July 1 would be solely Pittsburgh's.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitts on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:27 pm

relantel wrote:
netwolf wrote:

I think they will both be UFAs come July 1. But in theory, the rights to be able to negotiate before July 1 would be solely Pittsburgh's.

Wow...there's some bragging rights! :D
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins