Pens lines for 06/07

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Pens lines for 06/07

Postby André on Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:08 am

There are similar threads, I know, but I couldn't fine one on the forums first page. This thread has a more obvious title as well =)

Here's my wishful thinking for the first three lines. Would be awesome!

Kessel - Crosby - Armstrong

LW - Malkin - Morozov

Leclair - Malone - Koltsov
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby OneTimer on Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:21 am

I think it will be tough to lure FAs here because of the possibilty of the Pens moving. I wouldn't want the Pens to overpay FAs because of the location situation. Any new players to the organization will come through trades (except for Recchi). Until Leclair gets traded in the summer, it still seems like Recchi will be back since he probably will be fairly cheap.

Also, I think with the waiver rules being what they are now, players who need to pass through waivers will get every chance to stick with the team, even after training camp ends. CP took a lot of heat for not keeping Christensen and Whitney at the start of the season, but with all these young players, it's just good asset management. Although once a waiver-eligible player is sent down, management should have the policy of not bringing them back up for the season. If this made clear to the players, you'll certainly get the best out of those players. I think Christensen and Talbot will start the season in the AHL, waiting for first/second line or third/fourth line injuries/demotions respectively. Lannon will be the first call-up for any injuries on D.

No matter who the Pens draft, hopefully Kessel or Johnson, they should start in WBS.

I hope Endicott isn't with the team next year, but he probably will be. He must have seen Pens management kill and cannibalize a hooker. I thought Brian Holzinger had something, but Endicott must have him beat.

Nordgren will probably move back overseas like Morozov did.

I hope Rita gets more of a chance along with Boguniecki. I'm cool with Surovy and Ouellet being extras or traded.

Hilbert / Crosby / Armstrong
Surovy or someone he gets traded for / Malkin / Rita
(or worst case scenario: LeClair / Endicott / Recchi)
Malone / Kolanos / Boguniecki
Koltsov / Taticek / Roy
Ex: Murley / Ouellet

Scuderi / Gonchar
Whitney / Welch
Orpik / Melichar
Ex: Cairns

Fleury / Caron
OneTimer
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby PensFanBryan on Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:00 am

I doubt Bogs or Rita will be back. I know Bogs is a UFA, Rita is a Catagory VI. I really dont think you have to worry about Endicott either. A new GM is going to see Endicott cant cut it in the NHL, and probably wont give him a chance in the NHL.

FA - Crosby - Armstrong
Malone - Malkin - LeClair
Kolanos - Christensen - Hilbert
Murley - Talbot - Ouellet

Ex. Roy/Koltsov

Gonchar - Welch
Whitney - Orpik
Lannon - Scuderi

Ex. Melichar

M.A. Fleury
Sebastien Caron
PensFanBryan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

My idea

Postby Pens4Life on Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:39 pm

Kessell - Crosby - Armstrong ; Welch - Whitney
Hilbert - Malkin - Morozov ; Gonchar - Orpik
LeClair - Malone - Ouellet ; Lannon - Scuderi
Roy - Talbot - Kolanos ; Melichar
AND WE SHOULD SIGN 1 ufa (d-man or winger)

Fleury , Caron

AHL power guys ; Christensen, Carcillo, Surovy, Koltsov, Rita
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Goligoski

Postby Pens4Life on Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:55 pm

Is Goligoski ready for NHL?

What about (IF) these defensive lines in future?

Welch - Whitney
Johnson - Goligoski
Orpik - Gonchar
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby HomerPenguin on Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:57 pm

OneTimer wrote:I think it will be tough to lure FAs here because of the possibilty of the Pens moving. I wouldn't want the Pens to overpay FAs because of the location situation. Any new players to the organization will come through trades (except for Recchi). Until Leclair gets traded in the summer, it still seems like Recchi will be back since he probably will be fairly cheap.

I hate to bust anybody's bubble, but I don't imagine a lot of UFAs being lured to the Penguins because of the chance to play and live in Pittsburgh. I mean, sure, they're all going to want to spend every waking moment at Harrah's new slot machine shack, but the team will probably want them to practice and work out and stuff and that cuts into the slot jockeying time. I don't think that many will be scared off because the team might move to a fairly comparable market.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Jim on Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:09 pm

Why do people keep thinking Morozov is going to come back to Pittsburgh?
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FuturePens on Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:22 pm

What the hell is wrong with all these people making up these lines...you seriously think that he those lines suggested above, the Pens will win more than 22 games next year ? You're nuts !!! The Penguins are not going to pick Kessel, or Johnson, nor will Morozov be back. Plus the Penguins will get at least 3 or 4 FA's...with that said:

this thread should be done ! :twisted:
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins