Pens Memorabilia

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Pens Memorabilia

Postby Fred on Tue May 02, 2006 10:09 am

I saw that Mario's last goal stick was being auctioned off, in a topic a while back. That got me to thinking about many of us of have collected Pens stuff over the years.

2 questions:

What's your favorite pens item that you own?
- for me, its the Portrait of Excellence photo I got a few years back at fan fest. Mario in a suit, Jagr in uniform, standing back to back.

Does anyone have their stuff insured?
- I wanted to look into insuring my pictures, etc, but have no idea where you go to have that done or if you have to have stuff appraised. Any thoughts would be helpful.
Fred

Postby Pops16 on Tue May 02, 2006 10:44 am

I have framed autographed lemieux jerseys. I'm working on a project where I am going to get every version of the Pens jersey lettered with 66 and signed and framed.

No, I have no insurance on them.
Stupid huh?
Pops16
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby positive_pens_fan on Tue May 02, 2006 11:11 am

i have two things

1. Mario Lemieux signed stick after this first retirement. It has all of his stats on it before he came back.

2. Crosby signed program book with him on AO on the front from this year.
positive_pens_fan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby jimjom on Tue May 02, 2006 11:31 am

I have a lot of bobbleheads, a lot of other stuff from over the years, but the favorite is a toss-up-- it either has to be a picture of 66 and 87 together that the wife got me for Christmas-- (Just a nice gesture and depiction of these idols of mine), or the lineup sheet from the 2003 training camp that 66 autographed. The first and only time I met him, I couldn't speak for an hour, just awestruck.

A close second is a Polaroid of a 9 year old Jimjom sitting between Gord Dineen and Paul Coffey taken during an in-store at the Bethel Park Giant Eagle.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby PittsburghSportsFan on Tue May 02, 2006 11:33 am

I have four.

1) Mario Lemieux signed All-Star jersey and stick.

2) A huge framed picture of Lemieux, Howe, Gretzky walking in the snow together signed by all three. It was used in a playoff commercial a few years back.

3) A picture/plaque of Lemieux and Jagr (in rookie season) signed by both.

4) Sidney Crosby signed stick
Last edited by PittsburghSportsFan on Tue May 02, 2006 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PittsburghSportsFan

Postby penny lane on Tue May 02, 2006 11:37 am

positive_pens_fan wrote:i have two things

2. Crosby signed program book with him on AO on the front from this year.

you should do all to get Alexander Ovechkin to sign also; that
would be special.

i have ticket stubbs from good games/bad games signed by no one.
pack rat that I am , programs/vidoes/newspapers. even my
3 dimensional penguin bus pass.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Ashamed87 on Tue May 02, 2006 11:48 am

Sentimental more than anything I have the ticket stub from the game that was my now wife and I's first date...also a game used Caron stick and a Ron Francis jersey signed by him Jagr and Nedved..
Ashamed87

Postby Henry Hank on Tue May 02, 2006 12:02 pm

I got a Crosby jersey autographed, and a picture taken with him.
Before that, probably a mini-stick signed by Stu Barnes. He was my fav for a while.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby schreibdog on Tue May 02, 2006 12:14 pm

My favorite is the ticket stub from my first game on 12/31/88 when Lemieux scored a goal every possible way.
I have an old Pens jersey with a Shawn McEachern auto from the early-mid 90's.
And the Classic DVD's from this year :)
schreibdog
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby positive_pens_fan on Tue May 02, 2006 12:36 pm

you should do all to get Alexander Ovechkin to sign also; that
would be special.

That was my goal when i first got it signed by Crozby[/quote]
positive_pens_fan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Tue May 02, 2006 12:36 pm

I have a puck signed by Lemieux and a signed Jagr rookie card. I also have a bunch of Ice Times and some Mario Bun cards.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jim on Tue May 02, 2006 12:47 pm

As someone who has never collect anything hockey related.... ha hahahaha hahah ha ha... oooohhh boy... I couldn't say it with a straight face.

HOWEVER... Thinking aobut it... I do not currently have a single piece of hockey memorbilia displayed. Everything is in storage. I actually do not have much that is really top-shelf. A ton of 2nd and 3rd line memoribila though.

If forced... I would have to go with my Barrasso game used stick and signed (store bought) jersey.

My overall coolest thing is not Penguins related though. It is a goal stick used by Erin Whitten in the WC's and it is signed by her and Manon Rheaume. I actually got in touch with Erin and she gave me the story behind that specific stick.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby letsgopens87 on Tue May 02, 2006 1:08 pm

I don't really have much of older stuff..my dad has a plaque of Mario's 500th goal signed and a picture of the '91 cup team signed by everyone, among some other things. Most of my stuff is new-school..pictures signed by Crosby, Malone, Fleury, signed Fleury jersey, etc..
letsgopens87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby freq019 on Tue May 02, 2006 1:23 pm

I have a MAF signed draft day puck and a couple of Ovechkin and Crosby rookie/junior cards that I bought a few years ago hoping we'd get at least one of them.
freq019
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby BJL on Tue May 02, 2006 1:24 pm

THe following stuff is in our hockey room...

Sticks:
Caron (2), Surovy (2), Whitney, Murley, Talbot, Christensen, Armstrong, Palffy, Tarnstrom, Malone, LeClair... all but a couple of them (Christensen, Murley, Talbot) are autographed, but those will get done next season.

Gloves:
Malone (autographed), Surovy (autographed), Orpik, Whitney

Skates:
Recchi (autographed)
BJL
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby BurghThing on Tue May 02, 2006 3:12 pm

I like my Stroh's Mario standup, fits nicely into my livingroom.
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Jim on Tue May 02, 2006 9:48 pm

I do not have any MAF stuff... I'd like to get a signed mini-mask.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby relantel on Tue May 02, 2006 11:39 pm

I bought my sister a then-third jersey Lemiuex back in March 1997 (You know, that 2-2 tie vs the Canadiens where Mario had a goal disallowed on the crease rule that would have won the game) that she later was able to get signed by Mario down in Tampa before a Pens-Lightning game a few years ago. She happened to run into him at a bar, and he was kind enough to sign the jersey.

For me, it is a Mario-autographed 16x20 photo of the 1991 cup winning team photo that anchors our wall of now former Pens signed 8x10s. Out of 20 or so, now none are left on the roster, even with recent Straka/Lang/Kovalev/Aubin/Ference/Roszival/Jagr/Moran/Morozov etc. Got lots of jerseys of former players now too... retired the Sandstrom one that has loads of non-Sandstrom signatures including many of the above, and others such as Laukkenen, Tugnut, Boughner, etc. after getting a Barnaby one last year for cheap on ebay.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby HockeyDaddy on Wed May 03, 2006 5:44 pm

Right now, I would have to say that my favorite piece of Pens memorabilia is a photo that I snapped from the third row of Crosby celebrating his first goal in the NHL at the home-opener. There was so much energy in the arena that night and to have Crosby score his first right in front of me...it was priceless. I blew it up to an 8x10 and had Crosby sign it after a practice in December. It is in my son's room right next to his first Penguins jersey that we ripped off his back and had Mario sign at training camp this year!
HockeyDaddy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jim on Fri May 05, 2006 3:39 pm

Anyne know where i could get a specific 16x20 picture... THere used to be a goal cam picture of Fleury making a save on ebay. It's not there now though. The pciture of from INSIDE the net showing Fleury's back. Someone had them signed, both 8x10 and 16x20. I am looking for the 16x20.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Admin on Fri May 05, 2006 3:47 pm

Jim wrote:Anyne know where i could get a specific 16x20 picture... THere used to be a goal cam picture of Fleury making a save on ebay. It's not there now though. The pciture of from INSIDE the net showing Fleury's back. Someone had them signed, both 8x10 and 16x20. I am looking for the 16x20.

This one?

http://www.frozenpond.com/xcart/custome ... t=0&page=1
Admin
Site Admin

cinco de monkey

Postby Angry Skating Pen w scarf on Fri May 05, 2006 4:58 pm

I'm amazed at the work that a bunch of monkeys can do.....especially while drinking 5/5 banana margs.
Angry Skating Pen w scarf
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Jim on Fri May 05, 2006 7:42 pm

I thought the old picture was him more centered... but that a good one too... $60 hurts though...
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Jamie on Sat May 06, 2006 2:49 am

I have two things:

first I have an autographed game used Lemieux stick. The old Koho he used.

Second I have Jagrs autobiography book autographed by every member of the 1999/2000 team.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MrKnowNothing on Sat May 06, 2006 2:59 am

I guess my Lemieux autographed 8x10 that I got signed in person at camp a few years ago (I'm not sure I replied in this thread. I guess I could look, but it's 3 AM. I remember a similar thread or something). I also have a Straka 8x10 that I got signed at the mall a while ago, and for whatever reason there was no line at the place. There usually is a huge line whenever any players come. I remember going up to the food court and looking back down thinking I should go back and try to hang out there or something.

I was going to try to start collecting stuff for a while, but then lost interest because of the lockout, and having camp downtown is lame for me. It's roughly the same distance from SouthPointe for me, but going downtown for camp and waiting around downtown is too much of a hassle for me as compared to waiting around the side of SouthPointe.
MrKnowNothing

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins