Crosby and Canada vs. USA and a possible future teammate.

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Crosby and Canada vs. USA and a possible future teammate.

Postby Shinoix on Tue May 09, 2006 1:05 pm

Should be interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing Kessell play once again. Hopefully he will impress me finally. As you all know, I'm not completely sold on this kid yet.

Go Canada.
Shinoix
 

Re: Crosby and Canada vs. USA and a possible future teammat

Postby Pitts on Tue May 09, 2006 1:09 pm

Shinoix wrote:Go Canada.

You mean U.S.A., right? :D
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,073
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: Crosby and Canada vs. USA and a possible future teammat

Postby penny lane on Tue May 09, 2006 1:28 pm

Pitts wrote:
Shinoix wrote:Go Canada.

You mean U.S.A., right? :D


I'd like the penguin trio to do well, like Sid to continue his scoring
lead...a shoot-out result with brooks oprik scoring the goal. :shock:
perfect end.

U S A/go Sid
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,820
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: 20 minute efforts = see you in september

Re: Crosby and Canada vs. USA and a possible future teammat

Postby Shinoix on Tue May 09, 2006 1:33 pm

Pitts wrote:
Shinoix wrote:Go Canada.

You mean U.S.A., right? :D


Nope, I meant Canada...why would I mean USA?
Shinoix
 

Postby Shinoix on Tue May 09, 2006 1:39 pm

USA up 1-0

Kessell gets his first point I believe? A 2 on 1, shot by Slater, puck was slowly rolling across the line and Kessell pushed it in. Hardly flashy, but they all count.
Shinoix
 

Re: Crosby and Canada vs. USA and a possible future teammat

Postby Pitts on Tue May 09, 2006 1:41 pm

Shinoix wrote:
Pitts wrote:
Shinoix wrote:Go Canada.

You mean U.S.A., right? :D


Nope, I meant Canada...why would I mean USA?

Just teasing you Mr. Canada.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,073
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Postby Gaucho on Tue May 09, 2006 2:26 pm

1-1... Crosby!
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,266
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: Jay Landsman's cookie jar

Postby Reilly on Tue May 09, 2006 2:35 pm

Malone with 3 penalties today. :roll:
Reilly
 

Postby elij21 on Tue May 09, 2006 2:43 pm

Two 18 years old tying the game, what are the chances. Crosby goal was amazing. God that kid has speed!
elij21
 

Postby Shinoix on Tue May 09, 2006 2:57 pm

Crosby is the goal leader in the tourney.

A beauty it was!!
Shinoix
 

Postby Shinoix on Tue May 09, 2006 3:05 pm

Crosby is making some unreal plays and passes out there today!

Kessell on the other hand....getting bumped around pretty good, but his speed is great. Not even in the same breath as Crosby however. Their talent levels aren't even close.
Shinoix
 

Postby DelPen on Tue May 09, 2006 3:11 pm

Shinoix wrote:Crosby is making some unreal plays and passes out there today!

Kessell on the other hand....getting bumped around pretty good, but his speed is great. Not even in the same breath as Crosby however. Their talent levels aren't even close.


There are only two players who will be on the same level as Crosby. One plays for the Caps, the other will be playing for us :D
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 32,147
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Postby Pitts on Tue May 09, 2006 3:14 pm

DelPen wrote:
Shinoix wrote:Crosby is making some unreal plays and passes out there today!

Kessell on the other hand....getting bumped around pretty good, but his speed is great. Not even in the same breath as Crosby however. Their talent levels aren't even close.


There are only two players who will be on the same level as Crosby. One plays for the Caps, the other will be playing for us :D

Which makes us, as usual, one-up on the Caps! :D
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,073
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Postby Shinoix on Tue May 09, 2006 3:37 pm

Shanny scores the winner for Canada..2-1

Once again I wasn't impressed by Kessell at all. Great speed, but didn't do much else in my mind. Very weak on his skates compared to Crosby, although Crosby is an exception.
Shinoix
 

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Tue May 09, 2006 3:38 pm

Shannahan with the game winner half-way through the 3rd for the Canadians on the power play. Canada wins 2-1.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,172
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Postby DelPen on Tue May 09, 2006 3:41 pm

Shinoix wrote:Shanny scores the winner for Canada..2-1

Once again I wasn't impressed by Kessell at all. Great speed, but didn't do much else in my mind. Very weak on his skates compared to Crosby, although Crosby is an exception.


How did Staal and Toews do? wait, what's that? They didn't play in the tournamant? He'll be fine on Crosby's wing in October, he just needs to get on the same workout program as Sid (and for that matter the rest of the team too).
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 32,147
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Postby elij21 on Tue May 09, 2006 3:55 pm

Do you think having Kessel in the world championship will help him get picked higher then rated?

I was impressed with his speed, and one on one battles but you can tell that he was playing in a less physical game with the college program because he's easy to knock off the puck. It something that he will need to improve for his training camp next fall.
elij21
 

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Tue May 09, 2006 4:03 pm

I am not quite sure Kessel will be in the NHL next year. He is only coming off of his freshman year in college. He might want to play another year or two for Minnesota.

Right now I'd say the chances of him heading straight to the NHL are less than 50%.

What are everyone else's opinions?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,172
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Postby wondermoose on Tue May 09, 2006 4:05 pm

I wanted to watch this game so badly :x

They played the Worlds on network TV last year, would it kill em to do it again this year???

Any links to the goals or highlights or something?
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,646
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:18 am

Postby Shinoix on Tue May 09, 2006 4:08 pm

DelPen wrote:
Shinoix wrote:Shanny scores the winner for Canada..2-1

Once again I wasn't impressed by Kessell at all. Great speed, but didn't do much else in my mind. Very weak on his skates compared to Crosby, although Crosby is an exception.


How did Staal and Toews do? wait, what's that? They didn't play in the tournamant? He'll be fine on Crosby's wing in October, he just needs to get on the same workout program as Sid (and for that matter the rest of the team too).


Yeah, Staal is currently in the OHL finals with his team, hence the reason he's not there.

He didn't fail his team twice now like Kessell did. (minnesota and US WJ) Also, isn't Staal 17? Find me another 17 year old on WC team. DUH!!

Why isn't Eric Johnson there then? He's ranked number ONE.?????
Last edited by Shinoix on Tue May 09, 2006 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shinoix
 

Postby eberhard on Tue May 09, 2006 4:11 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Shannahan with the game winner half-way through the 3rd for the Canadians on the power play. Canada wins 2-1.


A PP goal on a Brooks Orpik penalty. :?
eberhard
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 812
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA

Postby Shinoix on Tue May 09, 2006 4:14 pm

Once Kessel impresses me I might be sold, but the kid has honestly done nothing to impress me in his recent outings.

I don't lay full blame on him, but his highly ranked college team was ousted by a no name team.

His top ranked WJ USA team was ousted, while he had one goal in the tourney. Sure he led in scoring, but a 5 point game in a blowout can do that for you. This kid is a sniper and he scored one goal in the WJ tourney? I'm sorry, but I can't be impressed with that.

Watching him today I was impressed with his speed, but his reaction speed wasn't up to par, he was getting knocked all over and didn't stand out at all. Crosby was better from day one in the NHL, and scouts were comparing him to Crosby?

While he fits the mold of what this team needs, along with Eric Johnson, I'm just a bit disappointed that it's him that fits the need best. It's too bad Staal doesn't fit what we need, as he'll grow to be the better player.
Shinoix
 

Postby wondermoose on Tue May 09, 2006 4:18 pm

Wow, just read Sid hit the post and crossbar as well in the game. We should do something to get Patrice Bergeron!!! They're dominating together.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,646
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:18 am

Postby Shinoix on Tue May 09, 2006 4:21 pm

he played pretty well!!

He should have had the game winner.
Shinoix
 

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Tue May 09, 2006 4:27 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,172
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dodint, DropEmJayBird, headh, malkinshair, marek, mayday56, murphydump55, Pens Fan Since 1970, Pruezy11881, stonyman, Take the Body Shoot the Puck, WDWBurghGooner and 59 guests

e-mail