Crosby and Canada vs. USA and a possible future teammate.

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

sid a winger at these games?

Postby penny lane on Tue May 09, 2006 4:47 pm

wondermoose wrote:Wow, just read Sid hit the post and crossbar as well in the game. We should do something to get Patrice Bergeron!!! They're dominating together.

Mike Lange is smiling at Begeron's brilliance.

Has Sidney been playing wing to Bergeron's center?
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: sid a winger at these games?

Postby André on Tue May 09, 2006 4:52 pm

penny lane wrote:
wondermoose wrote:Wow, just read Sid hit the post and crossbar as well in the game. We should do something to get Patrice Bergeron!!! They're dominating together.

I think he has?

Trade Malkin for Bergeron and Boyes :) That was a joke, but seriously, hmm. Nah, wouldn't do it, unless those primadonna quotes turn out to be true.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Shinoix on Tue May 09, 2006 4:59 pm

penny lane wrote:

Sid's been playing centre, except for faceoffs on the right side in the defensive zone, other than that he's centre all the time.
Shinoix

Postby elij21 on Tue May 09, 2006 5:05 pm

I would trade our first and second round pick for this year draft for just Bergeron. There chemistry is amazing, there are like met to play for each other.
elij21

Mike Lange would be born-again.

Postby penny lane on Tue May 09, 2006 5:16 pm

elij21 wrote:I would trade our first and second round pick for this year draft for just Bergeron. There chemistry is amazing, there are like met to play for each other.

we have to wait for CP to be hired by the bruins! :wink:
when you find chemistry, bottle it/keep it.

Good to know Sid is playing center; keep his face-off skills growing.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby André on Wed May 10, 2006 3:24 am

Shinoix wrote:Sid's been playing centre, except for faceoffs on the right side in the defensive zone, other than that he's centre all the time.

I watched a couple of minutes online and then Crosby was RW in the offensive zone as well, with Bergeron taking the faceoff. That might've been on the PP though.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Reilly on Wed May 10, 2006 3:51 am

Shinoix wrote:Once Kessel impresses me I might be sold, but the kid has honestly done nothing to impress me in his recent outings.

I don't lay full blame on him, but his highly ranked college team was ousted by a no name team.

His top ranked WJ USA team was ousted, while he had one goal in the tourney. Sure he led in scoring, but a 5 point game in a blowout can do that for you. This kid is a sniper and he scored one goal in the WJ tourney? I'm sorry, but I can't be impressed with that.

Watching him today I was impressed with his speed, but his reaction speed wasn't up to par, he was getting knocked all over and didn't stand out at all. Crosby was better from day one in the NHL, and scouts were comparing him to Crosby?

While he fits the mold of what this team needs, along with Eric Johnson, I'm just a bit disappointed that it's him that fits the need best. It's too bad Staal doesn't fit what we need, as he'll grow to be the better player.

Then to hell with Marc-Andre Fleury. He's been even worse than Kessel in terms of winning when expected at the junior level. :roll: Oh, Crosby's OHL team got ousted from the Memorial Cup too, why did the Pens draft him? :roll: Malkin's team didn't make it to the championship round, they better trade him while they can. :roll:

How many WC teams was Crosby on before he was drafted?

Everyone thinks they're some NHL scout all of a sudden. :roll: Who exactly were Kessels linemates? Jim Slater and Drew Stafford (another non-nhl player). I'm sure he loves playing with them :roll:

You put Kessel on a line with Crosby and if that line isn't scoring, they're drawing penalties.
Reilly

Postby Kicksave on Wed May 10, 2006 7:38 am

Reilly wrote:
Shinoix wrote:Once Kessel impresses me I might be sold, but the kid has honestly done nothing to impress me in his recent outings.

I don't lay full blame on him, but his highly ranked college team was ousted by a no name team.

His top ranked WJ USA team was ousted, while he had one goal in the tourney. Sure he led in scoring, but a 5 point game in a blowout can do that for you. This kid is a sniper and he scored one goal in the WJ tourney? I'm sorry, but I can't be impressed with that.

Watching him today I was impressed with his speed, but his reaction speed wasn't up to par, he was getting knocked all over and didn't stand out at all. Crosby was better from day one in the NHL, and scouts were comparing him to Crosby?

While he fits the mold of what this team needs, along with Eric Johnson, I'm just a bit disappointed that it's him that fits the need best. It's too bad Staal doesn't fit what we need, as he'll grow to be the better player.

Then to hell with Marc-Andre Fleury. He's been even worse than Kessel in terms of winning when expected at the junior level. :roll: Oh, Crosby's OHL team got ousted from the Memorial Cup too, why did the Pens draft him? :roll: Malkin's team didn't make it to the championship round, they better trade him while they can. :roll:

How many WC teams was Crosby on before he was drafted?

Everyone thinks they're some NHL scout all of a sudden. :roll: Who exactly were Kessels linemates? Jim Slater and Drew Stafford (another non-nhl player). I'm sure he loves playing with them :roll:

You put Kessel on a line with Crosby and if that line isn't scoring, they're drawing penalties.

Five :roll: in one post?! Wow, you're reaching for new heights.

Its still a vest.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FuturePens on Wed May 10, 2006 12:21 pm

Anyone plays well with Crosby on the line, even Sorovy or Quellet if you remember. It's like a few years ago when Morozov went nuts playing on Mario's line.
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins