Pierre saying Malkin to Kings for Kopitar, Dustin Brown

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby HeyNow71871929 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:55 pm

the riddler wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
HeyNow71871929 wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
HeyNow71871929 wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
duke66 wrote:...yes it's clear this thread has totally gone to seed...and i've already ranted about my views, so i'm not going to re-hash...but it has become abundantly clear to me, nothing, and i mean nothing will ever make a good chunk of the posters on this site happy EVER...pens suck, boo hoo, pens rebuild, not fast enough, pens make playoffs, we suck losing to the sens in 5, pens come within 2 wins of the cup, trade the best/second best player in the world because the team won't be able to afford him...like it's your money to worry about spending...

Were you dropped on your head when you were a child?

Based on your posts, it sounds like you were the one dropped on your head. I agree with your post, duke66. People on this board are just insatiable. Just like they were about MAF earlier in the year. Now they wanna get on Gino cause, God forbid, the guy was doing all he can with a terrible flu and 2 injured linemates.

I guess that is because I can take off the Black and Gold glasses and see what is going to happen. Take them off...do a little research...and understand the salary cap.

Well I guess I am every bit of a Malkin supporter as you are a Crosby supporter. You think Crosby is the best, I think Malkin is the best. We will leave it at that.

I think Malkin is the 3rd best player in the NHL. Crosby then AO then Malkin. Do I hate Malkin...No, absolutely not. This team is not going to be built around him...people need to accept that.

The hell it's not going to built around him. This team is already built down the middle with him, staal, fleury, and crosby. If this team is built around one sole player then they will not be going that far, because I've never seen one player win the Stanley Cup by himself.

Bingo. And anyone who thinks Malkin isn't a big part of the "core", I feel sorry for your life. He's every bit as important as Crosby, Fleury, etc... for the long term success of this team. And how bout instead of me taking off my "black and gold glasses" Kovy27, you take off your Crosby blinders and understand that the Pittsburgh Penguins are not a one man team. There is more to this team than just 87.
HeyNow71871929

Postby shmenguin on Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:56 pm

the team will be "built around sid" and not the other guys in the core because of the variability caused by a great center. MAF is one guy, and his signing doesn't address any other team needs.

building around sid means changing power play, how you approach signing wings, the lockerroom leadership, the captaincy, heck even the shootout lineup. no one player has as much residual effects on this team than crosby. because of the salary cap, you start with sid and go from there.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pipes Hochuli on Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:56 pm

Pitts wrote:
HeyNow71871929 wrote:Not once have I hate on Crosby, he is simply one of the best, but to be completely arrogant and neglectful towards what Malkin did this year is just ridiculous in my opinion. And what I am saying is that what Malkin did this season is jsut a glimpse.

Please tell us, where did anyone neglect what Malkin did this year.

We started a conversation about a "possible" trade scenario involving Malkin and you, in your lust for him, turned it into a p issing contest about who is better -- Crosby or Malkin.

Some of us are trying to have an educated conversation about real trade possibilities.

'zactly. possibilities, and the only reason its up for discussion is because it depends on what happens this offseason with hossa, imo.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby HeyNow71871929 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:59 pm

Pitts wrote:
HeyNow71871929 wrote:Not once have I hate on Crosby, he is simply one of the best, but to be completely arrogant and neglectful towards what Malkin did this year is just ridiculous in my opinion. And what I am saying is that what Malkin did this season is jsut a glimpse.

We started a conversation about a "possible" trade scenario involving Malkin and you, in your lust for him, turned it into a p issing contest about who is better -- Crosby or Malkin.

Some of us are trying to have an educated conversation about real trade possibilities.

As far as I'm concerned, there are numerous posts in this thread about how Crosby can take this team to new heights and Malkin can't. About how Malkin doesn't have the drive and will to win like Crosby does. You would think after what he did for jsut that short time Crosby was out, you would see a little more respect for the guy. I remember everyone repeatedly saying that if we float around .500 until Crosby comes back, we cna make a late push for the playoffs. What everyone forgot at that moment is that we had another elite talent on this team at the time Crosby went down. And just look what he did. Without him, let alone coming 2 wins away from the ultimate prize, we wouldn't have even gotten a sniff of the playoffs. Not every team has the luxury of a Malkin when a Crosby goes down and it's amazing how so many here are bent on trading him.
HeyNow71871929

Postby Pipes Hochuli on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:01 pm

your ideas on our arguments towards malkin and crosby are being blown out of proportion, its impossible for us to make those claims that you're saying we made because they are untrue. we were talking about situational differences in their style of play, we're not trying to attack you in any way, just bring to mind why this trade talk is in play.
Last edited by Pipes Hochuli on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pitts on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:02 pm

HeyNow71871929 wrote:
Pitts wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, there are numerous posts in this thread about how Crosby can take this team to new heights and Malkin can't. About how Malkin doesn't have the drive and will to win like Crosby does. You would think after what he did for jsut that short time Crosby was out, you would see a little more respect for the guy. I remember everyone repeatedly saying that if we float around .500 until Crosby comes back, we cna make a late push for the playoffs. What everyone forgot at that moment is that we had another elite talent on this team at the time Crosby went down. And just look what he did. Without him, let alone coming 2 wins away from the ultimate prize, we wouldn't have even gotten a sniff of the playoffs.

Sry, still not really seeing anyone picking on Malkin. You brought the Crosby comparisons into the thread. Others just ran with it at times.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Maagwa on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:03 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
duke66 wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
duke66 wrote:...yes it's clear this thread has totally gone to seed...and i've already ranted about my views, so i'm not going to re-hash...but it has become abundantly clear to me, nothing, and i mean nothing will ever make a good chunk of the posters on this site happy EVER...pens suck, boo hoo, pens rebuild, not fast enough, pens make playoffs, we suck losing to the sens in 5, pens come within 2 wins of the cup, trade the best/second best player in the world because the team won't be able to afford him...like it's your money to worry about spending...

...kovy get off your high "i do nothing but post on lgp.com" horse and give me a intelligent response...no wonder your post count is so high...

I'm not on a horse. I dunno what you are talking about.

I have more hockey intelligence in my left nut than you do in your brain. I don't come here and tell people they are not fans because they hate Lemieux or they are not fans because they are talking about rumors of Malkin being moved. You do. Over and Over and Over and Over.

"I am not on a horse but I am 100x better than you"

Please shut the hell up you are a fan nothing more
Maagwa

Postby HeyNow71871929 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:04 pm

Maagwa wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
duke66 wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:

...kovy get off your high "i do nothing but post on lgp.com" horse and give me a intelligent response...no wonder your post count is so high...

I have more hockey intelligence in my left nut than you do in your brain. I don't come here and tell people they are not fans because they hate Lemieux or they are not fans because they are talking about rumors of Malkin being moved. You do. Over and Over and Over and Over.

Amen.
HeyNow71871929

Postby shmenguin on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:04 pm

Pipes Hochuli wrote:your ideas on our arguments towards malkin and crosby are being blown out of proportion, its impossible for us to make those claims that you're saying we made because they are untrue. we were talking about situational differences in their style of play

exactly. no one is ragging on malkin just for fun. everyone knows he's great. everyone knows that without him, we may not have made the playoffs. everyone knows he's one of the top 3 players in the league. where is this aggression coming from?
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby superconan on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:07 pm

André wrote:If so it could come down to:

Brown - Crosby - Hossa

Malone - Kopitar - Sykora

If you could get Johnston and not give up Whitney, you could have some great young talent on the backend.
superconan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:09 pm

superconan wrote:

Brown - Crosby - Hossa

If you could get Johnston and not give up Whitney, you could have some great young talent on the backend.

you didn't even mention malkin in your post!! why do you and everyone else here hate him at an absolute level :twisted:
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:11 pm

Maagwa wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
duke66 wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:

How about no....add some hockey talk into the subject...how about trying that on for size?
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby duke66 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:11 pm

Kovy27 wrote: I have more hockey intelligence in my left nut than you do in your brain.

...that response leads me to believe u are barely out of high school...but i digress...ok u make a point as well, and i'm willing to acknowledge when people make a point, u know that's what adults do...yes i really have no more right to bash malkin trade rumours/speculation, then u and others have to actually discuss the matter...and let me clear some things up, i don't support malkin over crosby, or vice versa, i support the penguins as a team...

...the whole point i was trying to make, was, it would be foolish IMO for the pens to trade away malkin at this stage in his career...obviously u feel differently about it and that's cool...but sometimes i think people like to post outrageous s*** just so they can come on after the fact and brag if they are right...u may think that's what i may do as well...but i know better...
duke66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby superconan on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:11 pm

shmenguin wrote:
superconan wrote:

Brown - Crosby - Hossa

you didn't even mention malkin in your post!! why do you and everyone else here hate him at an absolute level :twisted:

Because he will never be able to carry Crosby's jock.
superconan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby HeyNow71871929 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:12 pm

shmenguin wrote:
Pipes Hochuli wrote:your ideas on our arguments towards malkin and crosby are being blown out of proportion, its impossible for us to make those claims that you're saying we made because they are untrue. we were talking about situational differences in their style of play

exactly. no one is ragging on malkin just for fun. everyone knows he's great. everyone knows that without him, we may not have made the playoffs. everyone knows he's one of the top 3 players in the league. where is this aggression coming from?

Oh please. I was simply defending my points. Pitts brought up the fact that Malkin getting traded would be better for Sid, because he would get more ice time. And I just wanted to know if Sid actually wanted to be a one man show, if Sid actually wanted more ice time by not sharing the spotlight with someone else. Crosby doesn't come off to me as that type of player. And if there is one thing I know for sure is that there is nothing Crosby would want more than to have someone that can compliment his game and have someone to share the load with. Why else would he want Hossa to resign so badly? And then I simply stated down the line, I think with how Malkin is built, he can survive the rigors of the NHL better than I think Sid would and then people just ran with it.
HeyNow71871929

Postby newarenanow on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:12 pm

I'm not upset. I love this team, this season, and Malkin. It's not about spending the money, it's about fitting salaries under the cap and still fielding a complete team. it's reality.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby HeyNow71871929 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:13 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
Maagwa wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
duke66 wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:

How about no....add some hockey talk into the subject...how about trying that on for size?

That seems to be something you have a lot of trouble doing in your posts, Kovy27.
HeyNow71871929

Postby the riddler on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:13 pm

superconan wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
superconan wrote:

Brown - Crosby - Hossa

It would be pretty hard to carry it while you are too busy sniffing it.
the riddler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby HeyNow71871929 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:13 pm

the riddler wrote:
superconan wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
superconan wrote:

Brown - Crosby - Hossa

It would be pretty hard to carry it while you are too busy sniffing it.

HAHA.
HeyNow71871929

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:15 pm

duke66 wrote:
Kovy27 wrote: I have more hockey intelligence in my left nut than you do in your brain.

...that response leads me to believe u are barely out of high school...but i digress...ok u make a point as well, and i'm willing to acknowledge when people make a point, u know that's what adults do...yes i really have no more right to bash malkin trade rumours/speculation, then u and others have to actually discuss the matter...and let me clear some things up, i don't support malkin over crosby, or vice versa, i support the penguins as a team...

...the whole point i was trying to make, was, it would be foolish IMO for the pens to trade away malkin at this stage in his career...obviously u feel differently about it and that's cool...but sometimes i think people like to post outrageous s*** just so they can come on after the fact and brag if they are right...u may think that's what i may do as well...but i know better...

If 11 years out of high school is barely out...then yeah, I guess so.

The rumor is just that...A RUMOR. It gets more credible when it is delivered from someone inside the hockey world. I heard this rumor right after the Stanley Cup was handed out. I don't get why people are on high horses or not fans because they want to talk about the POSSIBILITY of a player being moved. Explain that to me.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:15 pm

we should all be prepared to see our post counts drop once they unfreeze netwolf's head
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitts on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:15 pm

HeyNow71871929 wrote:Pitts brought up the fact that Malkin getting traded would be better for Sid, because he would get more ice time. And I just wanted to know if Sid actually wanted to be a one man show, if Sid actually wanted more ice time by not sharing the spotlight with someone else.

All I said was it would "allow" more ice time for Sid. Never did I try to answer for him.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:18 pm

HeyNow71871929 wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
Maagwa wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
duke66 wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:

That seems to be something you have a lot of trouble doing in your posts, Kovy27.

Ummm...I think you need to do some reading. In fact, you should go back and look at some of the topics...esp on this subject. I brought this up before game 6 and I am still talking about it.

Unlike you, who is attacking people for talking about the subject.

Someone turned this into a Crosby vs. Malkin fight...which is ridiculous because it was about RUMORS that have been going around. There is absolutely nothing wrong with talking about them.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby HeyNow71871929 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:18 pm

Pitts wrote:
HeyNow71871929 wrote:Pitts brought up the fact that Malkin getting traded would be better for Sid, because he would get more ice time. And I just wanted to know if Sid actually wanted to be a one man show, if Sid actually wanted more ice time by not sharing the spotlight with someone else.

All I said was it would "allow" more ice time for Sid. Never did I try to answer for him.

Well the simple reason that you suggested something like that made me voice my opinion to go against what you said. I have no control over what other people say and they chose to run with it. I believe earlier in this thread I also clearly stated that I don't want to turn this into a Malkin vs. Crosby thread because we are blessed and honored to have both of these guys playing for our team.
HeyNow71871929

Postby Steve on Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:19 pm

A house divided can not stand. That's what me pappy used to always tell me.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins