Pierre saying Malkin to Kings for Kopitar, Dustin Brown

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby joker10277 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:10 pm

Kovy27 wrote:


I am more worried about the salary cap and being able to bring talent in. If Hossa comes in at 7 mill and has major mojo working with Sid...that is such a plus. Sid is by far and away the best player in this league...and he's proven it. This is Sid's team...not Malkin's, not Fleury's, not Whitney....You build around Sid and make the team competitive.

Sid has every ability to take this team to the next level. I don't get that with Malkin. When Sid was out...Malkin + Defense + Conklin got them into the playoffs. Conklin was the main reason why they got it. Hate to break it to you.[/quote]

I disagree, without Malkin the pens would of been on the bad end of alot of 1 goal losses, don't forget without Malkin, Malone and Sykora where pretty much invisible up to that point in the season...........

And you don't build around Sid by making the pens a 1 line team by trading Malkin..........
joker10277
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,705
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:37 pm
Location: West Mifflin

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:12 pm

yeah you better delete that post. There is no reason to think that Malkin wouldn't want the max.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 52,656
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Postby Maagwa on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:12 pm

joker10277 wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:


I am more worried about the salary cap and being able to bring talent in. If Hossa comes in at 7 mill and has major mojo working with Sid...that is such a plus. Sid is by far and away the best player in this league...and he's proven it. This is Sid's team...not Malkin's, not Fleury's, not Whitney....You build around Sid and make the team competitive.

Sid has every ability to take this team to the next level. I don't get that with Malkin. When Sid was out...Malkin + Defense + Conklin got them into the playoffs. Conklin was the main reason why they got it. Hate to break it to you.


I disagree, without Malkin the pens would of been on the bad end of alot of 1 goal losses, don't forget without Malkin, Malone and Sykora where pretty much invisible up to that point in the season...........

And you don't build around Sid by making the pens a 1 line team by trading Malkin..........[/quote]

Thanks
Maagwa
 

Postby Maagwa on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:13 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:yeah you better delete that post. There is no reason to think that Malkin wouldn't want the max.


Talking about me? 8-)

I try to think before I post... But sometimes my thought process just isnt there :P
Maagwa
 

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:14 pm

Maagwa wrote:
joker10277 wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:


I am more worried about the salary cap and being able to bring talent in. If Hossa comes in at 7 mill and has major mojo working with Sid...that is such a plus. Sid is by far and away the best player in this league...and he's proven it. This is Sid's team...not Malkin's, not Fleury's, not Whitney....You build around Sid and make the team competitive.

Sid has every ability to take this team to the next level. I don't get that with Malkin. When Sid was out...Malkin + Defense + Conklin got them into the playoffs. Conklin was the main reason why they got it. Hate to break it to you.


I disagree, without Malkin the pens would of been on the bad end of alot of 1 goal losses, don't forget without Malkin, Malone and Sykora where pretty much invisible up to that point in the season...........

And you don't build around Sid by making the pens a 1 line team by trading Malkin..........


Thanks[/quote]

I am in now way supporting the trading of Malkin, but if they were to trade for Kopitar, they would be getting a star center. Its not like they are just dumping Malkin for nothing. Kopitar will be in the all-star game 3 out of every 4 years for the forseeable future.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 52,656
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:15 pm

Maagwa wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:yeah you better delete that post. There is no reason to think that Malkin wouldn't want the max.


Talking about me? 8-)

I try to think before I post... But sometimes my thought process just isnt there :P


I was just joking about the post being deleted when i was going to reply to it.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 52,656
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Postby skullman80 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:23 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
Maagwa wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:Anyone who says they would keep Malkin over Crosby needs to watch more hockey to see that Crosby is leagues ahead of AO and Malkin.

This rumor is very real....The salary cap is the reason why this would happen.

I've pretty much looked at every stat I could find about Malkin (his russian league stuff).... every Video Clip on youtube, Vimeo, Etc I've been looking at this forever... mark my words... that kid is going to be a legend if it just gets his work ethic/motivation... I think Crosby does anything it takes... but Malkin has more ability than anyone I've seen snice I was watching hockey.... anyway

Kovy I am getting the impression you think we should keep Hossa over Malkin.... in that case I kinda lost value in your posts no offence.... Malkin fits this team with his age.. and will grow at the same rate.. and I having trouble expressing my thoughts atm but I am willing to have a discussion


I am more worried about the salary cap and being able to bring talent in. If Hossa comes in at 7 mill and has major mojo working with Sid...that is such a plus. Sid is by far and away the best player in this league...and he's proven it. This is Sid's team...not Malkin's, not Fleury's, not Whitney....You build around Sid and make the team competitive.

Sid has every ability to take this team to the next level. I don't get that with Malkin. When Sid was out...Malkin + Defense + Conklin got them into the playoffs. Conklin was the main reason why they got it. Hate to break it to you.


To say that Conklin was the main reason they got "it" which I'm assuming you mean staying afloat/playoff push...I just don't see it.

He was a huge part of it, but so was Malkin just as much if not moreso. Malkin put this team on his back as far as scoring goes and was a much of a leader as you can ask for someone his age.

No slight to Conklin, but people forget just how good Malkin was this year, not only when Sid went down, but otherwise as well.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,156
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: New Kensington, PA

Postby Maagwa on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:24 pm

skullman80 wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
Maagwa wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:Anyone who says they would keep Malkin over Crosby needs to watch more hockey to see that Crosby is leagues ahead of AO and Malkin.

This rumor is very real....The salary cap is the reason why this would happen.

I've pretty much looked at every stat I could find about Malkin (his russian league stuff).... every Video Clip on youtube, Vimeo, Etc I've been looking at this forever... mark my words... that kid is going to be a legend if it just gets his work ethic/motivation... I think Crosby does anything it takes... but Malkin has more ability than anyone I've seen snice I was watching hockey.... anyway

Kovy I am getting the impression you think we should keep Hossa over Malkin.... in that case I kinda lost value in your posts no offence.... Malkin fits this team with his age.. and will grow at the same rate.. and I having trouble expressing my thoughts atm but I am willing to have a discussion


I am more worried about the salary cap and being able to bring talent in. If Hossa comes in at 7 mill and has major mojo working with Sid...that is such a plus. Sid is by far and away the best player in this league...and he's proven it. This is Sid's team...not Malkin's, not Fleury's, not Whitney....You build around Sid and make the team competitive.

Sid has every ability to take this team to the next level. I don't get that with Malkin. When Sid was out...Malkin + Defense + Conklin got them into the playoffs. Conklin was the main reason why they got it. Hate to break it to you.


To say that Conklin was the main reason they got "it" which I'm assuming you mean staying afloat/playoff push...I just don't see it.

He was a huge part of it, but so was Malkin just as much if not moreso. Malkin put this team on his back as far as scoring goes and was a much of a leader as you can ask for someone his age.

No slight to Conklin, but people forget just how good Malkin was this year, not only when Sid went down, but otherwise as well.

I see exactly what your saying... its like people acknowledge him as a
good player but not the amazing finesse player he is
Maagwa
 

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:26 pm

Its horrifying to me to try and imagine what it would have been like to have Sabu and Penner in net for half a season. Actually its horrifying to think about what Conklin and Sabu would have done for half a season. Even though I know it happened, I still can't believe how well Conklin played.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 52,656
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Postby HeyNow71871929 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:58 pm

Kovy27 wrote:Anyone who says they would keep Malkin over Crosby needs to watch more hockey to see that Crosby is leagues ahead of AO and Malkin.

This rumor is very real....The salary cap is the reason why this would happen.


After this past season, it is not sacrilegious to say Malkin > Crosby.

I, for one, think Malkin is more of a complete player then Crosby and Ovechkin. Therefore Malkin > Crosby and AO. And if you don't think he is the best in the world, just wait a year or two when he makes people like you eat your own words. After reading your other posts, you just sound like a hater.

Evgeni Malkin is every bit as untouchable and every bit as valuable as Crosby is. What makes Crosby so great that he's leagues ahead of Malkin or even Ovechkin? Take your Crosby glasses off and get in with reality man. 87 is a great player, one of the best, but to say Malkin isn't capable of taking this team to new levels is absurd and a narrowminded opinion. You, my friend, have lost so much credibility in your posts.

And I completely agree with maagwa, Malkin is going to be unreal. If he isn't already, he will be bigger and better than Sid. And these are the types of guys you don't give away. And I also agree with the posters who said if it comes down to Malkin vs. Hossa, you let Hossa walk.

You would think that after what Malkin did for just the 28 games Crosby was out, was enough for him to get a little more respect out of kovy27, but I guess not.
Last edited by HeyNow71871929 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HeyNow71871929
 

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:01 pm

HeyNow71871929 wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:Anyone who says they would keep Malkin over Crosby needs to watch more hockey to see that Crosby is leagues ahead of AO and Malkin.

This rumor is very real....The salary cap is the reason why this would happen.


After this past season, it is not sacrilegious to say Malkin > Crosby.

I, for one, think Malkin is more of a complete player then Crosby and Ovechkin. Therefore Malkin > Crosby and AO. And if you don't think he is the best in the world, just wait a year or two when he makes people like you eat your own words.


We shall see. I think you are completely wrong.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,589
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Postby bh on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:06 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
HeyNow71871929 wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:Anyone who says they would keep Malkin over Crosby needs to watch more hockey to see that Crosby is leagues ahead of AO and Malkin.

This rumor is very real....The salary cap is the reason why this would happen.


After this past season, it is not sacrilegious to say Malkin > Crosby.

I, for one, think Malkin is more of a complete player then Crosby and Ovechkin. Therefore Malkin > Crosby and AO. And if you don't think he is the best in the world, just wait a year or two when he makes people like you eat your own words.


We shall see. I think you are completely wrong.
Well even if he is wrong you can't say Hossa>Malkin! Therefore you trade Hossa after next year or you don't sign him. Getting rid of Malkin is not an option. Crosby is great but so is Malkin and we can't let that go.
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,497
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:48 am

Postby farnham16 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:09 pm

I'm so frustrated with all this trading Malkin BS.

If Shero trades him, I lose all respect and confidence in Shero and it will be the worst move in franchise history.

All this talk is beyond ridiculous. Trading a guy who has proven to be perhaps the best talent in the world at the age of 21. This just in: JUST BECAUSE CROSBY IS ON OUR TEAM DOESNT MEAN WE CANT HAVE MALKIN ALSO.

If we trade him, I want Malkin to be the best player in the NHL for the next 15 years, win 7 MVPs, and win 3 Cups, and for him to torch us every single time we play him...because thats how stupid it would be to trade him.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,399
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:50 pm
Location: Trying to get to my game

Postby HeyNow71871929 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:10 pm

bh wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
HeyNow71871929 wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:Anyone who says they would keep Malkin over Crosby needs to watch more hockey to see that Crosby is leagues ahead of AO and Malkin.

This rumor is very real....The salary cap is the reason why this would happen.


After this past season, it is not sacrilegious to say Malkin > Crosby.

I, for one, think Malkin is more of a complete player then Crosby and Ovechkin. Therefore Malkin > Crosby and AO. And if you don't think he is the best in the world, just wait a year or two when he makes people like you eat your own words.


We shall see. I think you are completely wrong.
Well even if he is wrong you can't say Hossa>Malkin! Therefore you trade Hossa after next year or you don't sign him. Getting rid of Malkin is not an option. Crosby is great but so is Malkin and we can't let that go.


Exactly. Hossa vs. Malkin is a nobrainer. I love Hossa and there is nobody I want Shero to resign more than him. But once again, if that means trading Malkin, then let Hossa walk. Trust me, Malkin at 21 is a lot better than Marian Hossa at 29.

And, I don't want to get into this Crosby vs. Malkin thing again. We all know they are tremendous players who can win a game by themselves, and we are all blessed and honored to have them playing on the same team.
HeyNow71871929
 

Postby Bob McKenzie on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:14 pm

farnham16 wrote:I'm so frustrated with all this trading Malkin BS.

If Shero trades him, I lose all respect and confidence in Shero and it will be the worst move in franchise history.


I agree. You will see me at the arena wearing a LA Kings jersey with Malkin - 71 on the back of it.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,975
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 11:07 am
Location: "I swear I will sign the contract, Mario." *fingers crossed*

Postby HeyNow71871929 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:16 pm

farnham16 wrote:I'm so frustrated with all this trading Malkin BS.

If Shero trades him, I lose all respect and confidence in Shero and it will be the worst move in franchise history.

All this talk is beyond ridiculous. Trading a guy who has proven to be perhaps the best talent in the world at the age of 21. This just in: JUST BECAUSE CROSBY IS ON OUR TEAM DOESNT MEAN WE CANT HAVE MALKIN ALSO.

If we trade him, I want Malkin to be the best player in the NHL for the next 15 years, win 7 MVPs, and win 3 Cups, and for him to torch us every single time we play him...because thats how stupid it would be to trade him.


Can't say I disagree with that. He is an elite and rare talent who posesses everything, I mean absolutely everything. Vision, hands, skating, shooting, defense, big frame. What is there that this guy can't do? He could potentially be putting up consistently 50-55 goals a season with 60-70 assists, maybe even more when he hits his prime.

I still don't understand why it is a crime to suggest Malkin is the best in the world. He is just as good, if anything, better, than Crosby and Ovechkin, or any other talent in the world for that matter. This kid has convinced me and yes I too would hope that he absolutely murders us single handedly everytime we play him. This stuff is getting real annoying and real old. It's starting to get worse than all the negative threads about MAF earlier in the year. Just like all those MAF doubters, I hope all the Malkin haters get the fate they deserve when Malkin goes to a level where Crosby and Ovechkin can only dream to go to.
HeyNow71871929
 

Postby HeyNow71871929 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:21 pm

Maagwa wrote:
pcsteel203 wrote:You get max value for Malkin right now...one year from now...GM's will back off...knowing the Pens cant afford him...and they can scoop him up RFA for just the picks

It actually makes sense...but only if they sign Hossa

NO

I said it before and I'll say it again... I'd rather have Malkin than Crosby, AO, Etc .... there is just something about him... I don't think as much of hisl potential is show compared to AO and Sid


I absolutely agree with every single one of your posts in this thread. There is some magic lurking within 71. And I have a feeling what we saw in the 28 games Crosby was out, was just a glimpse of what we will see in the near future. Kid is a beast. Wait until his body is fully formed. He is going to be such a rare talent. He could potentially be another Mario Lemieux type player. And that would be unbelievable.
HeyNow71871929
 

Postby CKA24 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:23 pm

farnham16 wrote:I'm so frustrated with all this trading Malkin BS.

If Shero trades him, I lose all respect and confidence in Shero and it will be the worst move in franchise history.

All this talk is beyond ridiculous. Trading a guy who has proven to be perhaps the best talent in the world at the age of 21. This just in: JUST BECAUSE CROSBY IS ON OUR TEAM DOESNT MEAN WE CANT HAVE MALKIN ALSO.

If we trade him, I want Malkin to be the best player in the NHL for the next 15 years, win 7 MVPs, and win 3 Cups, and for him to torch us every single time we play him...because thats how stupid it would be to trade him.


masochism much?
CKA24
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,703
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:23 am
Location: Harrison City, Pa

Postby Bob McKenzie on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:26 pm

HeyNow71871929 wrote:
farnham16 wrote:I'm so frustrated with all this trading Malkin BS.

If Shero trades him, I lose all respect and confidence in Shero and it will be the worst move in franchise history.

All this talk is beyond ridiculous. Trading a guy who has proven to be perhaps the best talent in the world at the age of 21. This just in: JUST BECAUSE CROSBY IS ON OUR TEAM DOESNT MEAN WE CANT HAVE MALKIN ALSO.

If we trade him, I want Malkin to be the best player in the NHL for the next 15 years, win 7 MVPs, and win 3 Cups, and for him to torch us every single time we play him...because thats how stupid it would be to trade him.


Can't say I disagree with that. He is an elite and rare talent who posesses everything, I mean absolutely everything. Vision, hands, skating, shooting, defense, big frame. What is there that this guy can't do? He could potentially be putting up consistently 50-55 goals a season with 60-70 assists, maybe even more when he hits his prime.

I still don't understand why it is a crime to suggest Malkin is the best in the world. He is just as good, if anything, better, than Crosby and Ovechkin, or any other talent in the world for that matter. This kid has convinced me and yes I too would hope that he absolutely murders us single handedly everytime we play him. This stuff is getting real annoying and real old. It's starting to get worse than all the negative threads about MAF earlier in the year. Just like all those MAF doubters, I hope all the Malkin haters get the fate they deserve when Malkin goes to a level where Crosby and Ovechkin can only dream to go to.


I agree to an extent. If you are just looking at talent alone, Malkin has all the tools to be the best player in the world. There are several intangibles that Sid has that Malkin does not (maturity, strength and conditioning, will).

People need to remember that Malkin still is in a foreign land and I think once he is comfortable, it will make a difference. That is why I believe he was the most dominant player in the NHL when his parents were in town. I spent 3 weeks in Moscow and a week in Kiev and Minsk before, plus a lot of time in other places around the world. My Russian is very elementary. I have complete empathy for how Malkin must feel being in an environment where you have to rely on a translator or Gonchar to help you with everything. He will eventually pack on another 15-20 pounds and be even more dominating. Give him time.

Ovechkin has all the skills in the world but is very one dimensional. I love his play, but he reminds me of a physical Pavel Bure. His heart, will, and passion are undeniable. Plus, he had an advantage over Malkin as he grew up in Moscow where most everyone is taught English as the language of business in schools. I doubt English was taught in Malkin's education in Magnitogorsk.

They are too hard to rate above each other right now. I think Malkin has the talent to be better than Crosby and Ovechkin. I'm thrilled that we have 2 of the 3 on our team.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,975
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 11:07 am
Location: "I swear I will sign the contract, Mario." *fingers crossed*

Postby CKA24 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:30 pm

I say let's not try to compare them... and to give Sid a break.

I think that they are both great stars that will become increasingly dangerous as the seasons go on.

There are pros and cons to both, you can compare and contrast them up and down, but what you'll get is two of the best (if not the two best) players in the NHL. Sure, Malkin was a beast when Crosby went down, but give Crosby the credit for getting back from the injury and giving essentially the same intense effort every night. I'm not going to favor one over the other. Do I have my criticisms? Absolutely. Can they improve? I guarantee they will. Does each player have greater strengths than the other? Sure. But I think it's a toss-up.

Either be patient and review an entire body of work, or at least wait until they're 28-30, and we'll have a better picture. They'll both be dominating.
CKA24
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,703
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:23 am
Location: Harrison City, Pa

Postby farnham16 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:30 pm

HeyNow71871929 wrote:
farnham16 wrote:I'm so frustrated with all this trading Malkin BS.

If Shero trades him, I lose all respect and confidence in Shero and it will be the worst move in franchise history.

All this talk is beyond ridiculous. Trading a guy who has proven to be perhaps the best talent in the world at the age of 21. This just in: JUST BECAUSE CROSBY IS ON OUR TEAM DOESNT MEAN WE CANT HAVE MALKIN ALSO.

If we trade him, I want Malkin to be the best player in the NHL for the next 15 years, win 7 MVPs, and win 3 Cups, and for him to torch us every single time we play him...because thats how stupid it would be to trade him.


Can't say I disagree with that. He is an elite and rare talent who posesses everything, I mean absolutely everything. Vision, hands, skating, shooting, defense, big frame. What is there that this guy can't do? He could potentially be putting up consistently 50-55 goals a season with 60-70 assists, maybe even more when he hits his prime.

I still don't understand why it is a crime to suggest Malkin is the best in the world. He is just as good, if anything, better, than Crosby and Ovechkin, or any other talent in the world for that matter. This kid has convinced me and yes I too would hope that he absolutely murders us single handedly everytime we play him. This stuff is getting real annoying and real old. It's starting to get worse than all the negative threads about MAF earlier in the year. Just like all those MAF doubters, I hope all the Malkin haters get the fate they deserve when Malkin goes to a level where Crosby and Ovechkin can only dream to go to.


I feel the same way. This crap is just unbelieveable. Everyone can have their own opinion of course, but the very fact that some people on here would trade Malkin is just crazy to me.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,399
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:50 pm
Location: Trying to get to my game

Postby penny lane on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:49 pm

I love Evgeni and what he has accomplished in 2 years. I want him here
12 more. But, no, I can't say he is a better player than Sidney. Intangibles count and can move mountains... Evgeni needs to let us in...
he needs to be able to communicate to the media as THE face of the penguins. That is a whole side job in and of itself. Evgeni should have spoken to us and let us know what was up ; that's what captains/alternate captains/leaders do. Speaking to media is speaking to fans.

This is Ray Shero's "best of times, worst of times" challenge.

Put me in the blind sunshine column that says the 4 horsemen
remain with the pens. geno, flower, jordan and sidney.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,534
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Ready

Postby PenguinHockeyFanatic on Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:57 pm

HeyNow71871929 wrote:
farnham16 wrote:I'm so frustrated with all this trading Malkin BS.

If Shero trades him, I lose all respect and confidence in Shero and it will be the worst move in franchise history.

All this talk is beyond ridiculous. Trading a guy who has proven to be perhaps the best talent in the world at the age of 21. This just in: JUST BECAUSE CROSBY IS ON OUR TEAM DOESNT MEAN WE CANT HAVE MALKIN ALSO.

If we trade him, I want Malkin to be the best player in the NHL for the next 15 years, win 7 MVPs, and win 3 Cups, and for him to torch us every single time we play him...because thats how stupid it would be to trade him.


Can't say I disagree with that. He is an elite and rare talent who posesses everything, I mean absolutely everything. Vision, hands, skating, shooting, defense, big frame. What is there that this guy can't do? He could potentially be putting up consistently 50-55 goals a season with 60-70 assists, maybe even more when he hits his prime.

I still don't understand why it is a crime to suggest Malkin is the best in the world. He is just as good, if anything, better, than Crosby and Ovechkin, or any other talent in the world for that matter. This kid has convinced me and yes I too would hope that he absolutely murders us single handedly everytime we play him. This stuff is getting real annoying and real old. It's starting to get worse than all the negative threads about MAF earlier in the year. Just like all those MAF doubters, I hope all the Malkin haters get the fate they deserve when Malkin goes to a level where Crosby and Ovechkin can only dream to go to.


I think everyone pretty much agrees that Crosby is the premier play maker in the NHL and is no slouch in the goal scoring department. Sid is just a shade under being a 40 goal scorer on average. I think he has a 50 goal season in his golf bag with the right wingers. Even 60.

Ovechkin is the premier goal scorer in the league. His one on one skill is a near mythical blend of Mario Lemieux, Pavel Bure, and Mike Bossy. He is no slouch in the play making department either.

No other player in the league combines all of those abilities like Evgeni Malkin. Nobody else does everything as well as he does. Sid can't shoot like Geno and Ovechkin can't pass like Geno.
PenguinHockeyFanatic
 

Postby HeyNow71871929 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:15 pm

penny lane wrote:I love Evgeni and what he has accomplished in 2 years. I want him here
12 more. But, no, I can't say he is a better player than Sidney. Intangibles count and can move mountains... Evgeni needs to let us in...
he needs to be able to communicate to the media as THE face of the penguins. That is a whole side job in and of itself. Evgeni should have spoken to us and let us know what was up ; that's what captains/alternate captains/leaders do. Speaking to media is speaking to fans.

This is Ray Shero's "best of times, worst of times" challenge.

Put me in the blind sunshine column that says the 4 horsemen
remain with the pens. geno, flower, jordan and sidney.


I can give less crap about his off ice communication. I will take his on ice production over that any day of the week. And, I am saying, ON THE ICE, Evgeni Malkin is/will be the best player in the world.
HeyNow71871929
 

Postby Pitts on Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:18 pm

HeyNow71871929 wrote:Whatever. :roll:

It's not gonna happen and it shouldn't.

I wonder, just hypothetically of course, would you implode into a black hole if it actually did happen? You're pretty heavy on the Malkin if you know what I mean.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,578
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sjnhiils and 10 guests


e-mail