Anyone disappointed that Nordgren is gone?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby NIN on Thu May 11, 2006 9:17 am

Deas wrote:
bse wrote:Nordgen probably had least upside of any player in the organisation

Definetely not. He's had two seasons in which he was one of the very best players in the Swedish Elite League. Geesh, wtf is he supposed to do playing 5 mins on the pens 4th line?

The same thing Hilbert did on the 3rd and 4th lines. Succeed.
NIN

Postby André on Thu May 11, 2006 10:09 am

Fine. But I'm sure he doesn't have the least up side of all the players in the organisation =) I bet Endicott is worse :P

And 10 points in 8 AHL games hints at some level of talent =)
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Anyone disappointed that Nordgren is gone?

Postby The Snapshot on Thu May 11, 2006 12:06 pm

Shinoix wrote:He barely got any time with us, but when he was on the ice, I liked what I was seeing. He was fast, big, decent hockey sense in my mind. Of course you can't showcase much on the 4th line with little time. When I first saw Armstrong I wasn't completely impressed, yet when he was given a chance on the first line, my opinion quickly changed. It wasn't just the fact he was scoring with Sid, it was his physical play, good defensive work, and soft passing hands. His PK also improved when he started playing more. There are certain things that you can't showcase on the 4th line, and Armstrong was proof of that in my mind.

I think Nordgren could have been of those guys. Maybe not as good as Colby, but I think he had tons of potential.

Remember folks, he was playing on the second line in Carolina when he was traded. Why was he traded then? Well I think Recchi is a slight upgrade, so they weren't going to turn that down. There were many Carolina fans that were really upset that he was one that got traded. They didn't care about the other guys, but they really like Nordgren and was playing well on the second line apparently.

Did we let one get away? Do you think he had potential too?

I'm sure many people will have cocky remarks about how stupid I'm being, but it's just an opinion, and that's what these boards are for.

I think he was next to invisible on the ice in the time he got. He was way to easy to knock off the puck and consequently seemed useless in the corners.

I would also say that anyone that has signed this early with a European league, especially in their home country, was obviously frustrated their ability to play here. Nordgren in particular wasn't even able to advance the puck through the neutral zone in the last 10 games without being stripped from behind.

He won't be missed at all. Whether it is worth blaming Patrick for is debateable, since we dumped Recchi's salary and still have Kolanos working in the minors with some potential.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins