Bombulie compiles FA list of Pens prospects....

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Bombulie compiles FA list of Pens prospects....

Postby netwolf on Thu May 11, 2006 10:58 pm

http://blogs.timesshamrock.com/pensblog/

I see no one on the unrestricted list that would be a loss for the NHL club. Besides Fleury, no one on the restricted list would be a huge loss either, though guys like Kolanos and Taticek are question marks based on lack of history with the organization.
Last edited by netwolf on Fri May 12, 2006 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Henry Hank on Thu May 11, 2006 11:08 pm

Yeah, guys like Hussey and Lefebrve already showed they can't cut it in the NHL. No loss. I don't know why they'd really want them back in WBS. They didn't do much down the stretch or in the playoffs.

I'd re-sign Kolanos and Taticek as long as they're willing to take two-way deals. They at least can be useful minor league filler. I'd hope that the big club brings in enough talent this summer that Surovy and Ouellet can be looked at as minor league filler.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Mad City Mike on Fri May 12, 2006 9:09 am

Agreed. Fleury is the only potential FA that must be signed. Others who might have a bit of value are Chiodo, Taticek, and Schneider. But I wouldn't lose any sleep over the thought of any of them leaving.

Of greater concern is the list Molinari has in the Q&A today about guys they must sign by July 1 or lose them.

Dave Molinari wrote:June 1, for example, is the deadline for signing European players drafted in 2002 or earlier and junior players drafted in 2004. The latter group includes centers Tyler Kennedy, Jordan Morrison and Brian Gifford, right winger Moises Gutierrez and defensemen Michal Sersen and Chris Peluso.

(Incidentally, Russian winger Sergei Anshakov, acquired in the 2003 trade that sent Martin Straka to Los Angeles, was inadvertently left off last week's list of European prospects whom the Penguins must sign by June 1 or lose. Others in that group include Czech defenseman Ondrej Nemec, Swiss center Patrik Bartschi, Czech goalie Tomas Duba and Russian defenseman Vladimir Malenkykh.)

http://www.post-gazette.com/penguins/questions/

I think they must sign Sersen. I would like to see them bring Duba over, as well as Malenkykh, but I doubt either of those guys really wants to play over here. Nobody else on that list interests me (btw, trading up to draft Nemec is one of Patrick's bigger blunders, right up there with Pavel Skrbek).
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Tocchet on Fri May 12, 2006 2:10 pm

Flavor Flav should definitely be re-signed. Even if its a team for development, they need veterans, and Lefebrve is supposed to be a great locker-room guy and leader on that team.
Tocchet
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bill from turtle creek on Fri May 12, 2006 4:19 pm

They need to signed a damned GM so that they can get this stuff done. This is an extremely important time of the year.
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby FallenHero96 on Fri May 12, 2006 7:55 pm

EJ is the interim GM while they look for a new one.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins