Apparently, the Penguins (I think Mario) made a deal with the devil, and that brought us Crosby. But what all did we give up for it? We lost Mario, we lost Palffy, we've basically lost Gonchar, Thibault we lost (and we claim it's lucky but it's probably the devil's work).
What was the deal?
8) MARIO: I'm telling you, we NEED to get the number one draft pick. This Crozbee kid is going to turn the league on its head.
OLD SCRATCH: Okay, I'll give you Crozbee, but I need something in return.
8) MARIO: Anything. I want one more chance at the Cup. I want to finish out with a winning team. I want to leave a legacy to the city of Pittsburgh.
OLD SCRATCH: Well, how about I leave you with one out of three? I'll let you have the legacy. You've earned that much, and it's not my place to take it from you.
8) MARIO: But what about the rest?
OLD SCRATCH: Do you want Crozbee or not? It's up to you. The Washington Capitals and New York Rangers have been filling up my voicemail, not to mention the young virgins offered up by the rest of the league...
8) MARIO: Oh, no, I didn't mean to imply I don't want Crozbee. I'm willing to make a deal.
OLD SCRATCH: Okay. You get Crozbee and the legacy. The rest belongs to me!!!
8) MARIO: I'm sure if you give me Crozbee, the rest will fall into place.
OLD SCRATCH: Be careful what you wish for, Mario.
8) MARIO: I realize I was part of a deal in the past. The Penguins got me, but they didn't get me 100 percent, all the time. We were able to get the Stanley Cup. I had some troubles, but I've overcome them. Okay, I'm willing to make the deal.
OLD SCRATCH: Shake on it, Magnifique, and Crozbee is yours. But beware the demons in Harrisburg and Pittsburgh. Let's just say it's a friendly warning.
And the rest was history..........