How in the hell does the NHL

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

How in the hell does the NHL

Postby BurghThing on Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:49 pm

Allow their "officials" to stand there and watch one team take an elbow in the back of the head, the immediately get boarded and the only call they make is unsportsmanlike on the victim?!? Is it because the victim didn't drop to the ice and lay there like a puss? Is that what it takes?
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,382
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

Nope

Postby Mad City Mike on Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:06 am

It's because good teams get the calls, and bad teams get no respect from these clowns. If I recall, they'll had issues with Furlatt earlier this year, so tonight was no surprise. These guys were terrible. How can you not see Chara interfering with the goalie? How can you not see the same big oaf punch Recchi in the face? It has to be willful.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,759
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:14 am
Location: De Forest, WI

Re: How in the hell does the NHL

Postby netwolf on Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:17 am

BurghThing wrote:Allow their "officials" to stand there and watch one team take an elbow in the back of the head, the immediately get boarded and the only call they make is unsportsmanlike on the victim?!? Is it because the victim didn't drop to the ice and lay there like a puss? Is that what it takes?


I don't know if that's a shot at Schubert, but if it is, that's low. Dude was rocked. He still might be sure of where he is.

That call came about because of that injury though, no question. If Schubert hits the boards and hops right up there isn't a call made.
Last edited by netwolf on Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,349
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby BJL on Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:34 am

Exactly... you can't call something just because the guy got hurt.
BJL
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:27 pm
Location: PA

Re: How in the hell does the NHL

Postby relantel on Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:31 am

netwolf wrote:
BurghThing wrote:Allow their "officials" to stand there and watch one team take an elbow in the back of the head, the immediately get boarded and the only call they make is unsportsmanlike on the victim?!? Is it because the victim didn't drop to the ice and lay there like a puss? Is that what it takes?


I don't know if that's a shot at Schubert, but if it is, that's low. Dude was rocked. He still might be sure of where he is.

That call came about because of that injury though, no question. If Schubert hits the boards and hops right up there isn't a call made.


I think the original quote is about the Brooks Orpik hit, where Orpik got 2 mins for unsportsmanlike after a scrum where no other penalties were called, and not the Boguniecki hit
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,017
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: The card table

Postby DelPen on Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:53 am

BJL wrote:Exactly... you can't call something just because the guy got hurt.


Actually, the way the rule is written that is exactly what happens. Doesn't matter if you are facing the boards, 20 feet away, etc. If you get hit into the boards hard and look hurt they can call boarding. It's a stupid rule and I thought it was only applicable when a player was less than 3 feet away and facing the boards. If that same, innocent and good hit happened in center ice there would be no call.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,530
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blurryhaze312, DontToewsMeBro, raewhit, Steve Dave and 19 guests

e-mail