Bozo Columnist says if you boo Hossa, you're a knucklehead

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Bozo Columnist says if you boo Hossa, you're a knucklehead

Postby cs6687 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:20 am

He also says Aramis Ramirez was the second-coming of Clemente.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08202/898253-61.stm
Last edited by cs6687 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
cs6687
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,188
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:02 pm

Postby crzymike on Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:22 am

:)
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,912
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:41 pm
Location: monroeville

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:25 am

While I don't care if others boo Hossa, I won't be. I failed to read the article, though if its about whether or not you should boo Hossa, it has to be rather idiotic.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,601
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Postby Senka on Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:27 am

Idoit40fans wrote:While I don't care if others boo Hossa, I won't be. I failed to read the article, though if its about whether or not you should boo Hossa, it has to be rather idiotic.


Ill boo him when they announce him and such, but not everytime he touches the puck. He helped us win, and he wants a cup. Malone -- i dont blame him for leaving. He was at a peak in his career to get more money, but Hossa just held his decision, when he knew all along he wanted DET. that forced us to wait and miss big offers to other players. He went out sour, and i dont respect that.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,986
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:16 pm
Location: RVA

Postby canaan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:34 am

we should boo therrien for pushing him to detroit.

:pop:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,099
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:40 am

Senka wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:While I don't care if others boo Hossa, I won't be. I failed to read the article, though if its about whether or not you should boo Hossa, it has to be rather idiotic.


Ill boo him when they announce him and such, but not everytime he touches the puck. He helped us win, and he wants a cup. Malone -- i dont blame him for leaving. He was at a peak in his career to get more money, but Hossa just held his decision, when he knew all along he wanted DET. that forced us to wait and miss big offers to other players. He went out sour, and i dont respect that.


Who did he make them miss out on?

Stillman and Rolston were signed before him. I would have loved to have both of them, but most people here disagreed with me, and Shero would have never given the contracts that they ended up getting, so I don't really see what your point is.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,601
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Postby vjx67 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:54 am

mark madden > bob smizik
vjx67
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:37 pm

Postby meecrofilm on Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:04 am

vjx67 wrote:mark madden > bob smizik


Wow. The fact that that's actually true.... sad day in smizikland (The Land of the Jokes).
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,582
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:09 pm
Location: Filly don't do rebounds.

Postby stopper40 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:15 am

Am I allowed to boo Smizik then? The man is a complete tool. The mans understanding of hockey or hockey fans could fit on the tip of a pin.
stopper40
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,880
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:51 am
Location: BANNED for liking Butterfingers

Postby chaos5190 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:27 am

Whether or not Hossa strung us along.... I won't be booing him. He helped us get to the finals, and gave us everything he had. He stepped up his play, and fought until the very end, almost tying the final game up with under a second to go.
chaos5190
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:35 am
Location: Arnold, PA

Postby Buster Bluth on Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:47 am

The fact that the column itself was written is mind-boggling.

When you take into account the acctual content of said column, it takes things to a whole new level where words cannot describe how tremendously asinine it is.

I'd say the lines of logic are haphazard, but the word "logic" isn't anywhere on the radar near this column.
Buster Bluth
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:26 pm
Location: South Side

Postby HomerPenguin on Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:54 am

Is there anything more toolish than the sports columnist who complains about fans booing this or that player? They're paying customers. It's not as if they're throwing hot pennies on the ice; they're booing a guy who makes millions of dollars a year to be popular in one of thirty NHL cities and to be hated in the other 29. Bob Smizik, meanwhile, is a low-rent media hack, which puts him somewhere below "ticket scalper" and slightly above "sticky spilled beer residue" on the scale of sports evolutionary development.

A team's fans booing a particular player, whether "justified" or not, is such a minor non-issue that it's not even worth talking about in the context of pro sports. When a yutz like Bob Smizik writes about it as though it were the equivalent of committing a multiple homicide, that's all the more pathetic.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,884
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:50 pm
Location: ...

Postby mikey287 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:37 am

Whether it warrants its own article (which I won't read) is certainly debatable (read: pointless)...I do agree with the premise...booing Hossa is nonsense...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,504
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Postby Marshall Dylan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:39 am

It's a "minor non-issue" that was being discussed here about eight seconds after Hossa signed with Detroit.
Marshall Dylan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,142
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:54 pm

Postby Corvidae on Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:44 am

oops
Last edited by Corvidae on Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,109
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:47 am

Postby Corvidae on Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:37 am

oops
Last edited by Corvidae on Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,109
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:47 am

Postby wondermoose on Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:26 am

Worst article ever. The PPG has reached a new low.
wondermoose
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,036
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:18 am

Postby imau2fan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:49 am

HomerPenguin wrote:Is there anything more toolish than the sports columnist who complains about fans booing this or that player? They're paying customers. It's not as if they're throwing hot pennies on the ice; they're booing a guy who makes millions of dollars a year to be popular in one of thirty NHL cities and to be hated in the other 29. Bob Smizik, meanwhile, is a low-rent media hack, which puts him somewhere below "ticket scalper" and slightly above "sticky spilled beer residue" on the scale of sports evolutionary development.

A team's fans booing a particular player, whether "justified" or not, is such a minor non-issue that it's not even worth talking about in the context of pro sports. When a yutz like Bob Smizik writes about it as though it were the equivalent of committing a multiple homicide, that's all the more pathetic.


The Stillers can't start camp soon enough. Cuz in the meantime, Bozo is straining for things to write about.

That column was two minutes of my life I'll never get back.
imau2fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:37 pm
Location: Odenton, MD

Postby imau2fan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:12 am

meecrofilm wrote:
vjx67 wrote:mark madden > bob smizik


Wow. The fact that that's actually true.... sad day in smizikland (The Land of the Jokes).


Yep, and what's also sad............as sad as Madden's stale, on-air shtick was before his firing, Bozo's obsession with him was even sadder.

I guess without Madden to kick around, he needed a new target.
imau2fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:37 pm
Location: Odenton, MD

Postby 'Guins Win! on Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:07 am

Hossa choosing to join a Stanley Cup winner instead of working to finish what the Penguins started but came up short is why Hossa should be booooed.


Hossa asking the Pens for more years and getting more years and then choosing to go for one year is why Hossa should be booooooooooooooooed.


Hossa wearing a red and white sweater instead of a black and vegas gold sweater is why Hossa should be boooooooooooooooooed.

F Bob Smizik.
'Guins Win!
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:38 am
Location: Monaca, PA

Postby bill from turtle creek on Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:12 am

Smizik's a bit of an old fart, but he's completely correct. I can't believe that anybody would argue with his premise.
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,686
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Serenity Now, Serenity Now.

Postby imau2fan on Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:01 am

bill from turtle creek wrote:Smizik's a bit of an old fart, but he's completely correct. I can't believe that anybody would argue with his premise.


I'm not questioning the logic, as much as the importance. Okay, so the fans should be booing Littlefield and the Nuttings instead of Ramirez...........very true. And very unworthy of devoting an entire column to.

Although.......news flash, Bob. Hossa's contract is in part about the money. Why do you think he only signed a one-year deal? So he could go to the well again next summer, while still in his prime, with hopefully a Cup in tow, and then hopefully get another Edmonton-like offer from instead a non-Edmonton-sized market. He's looking to have his cake and eat it too. At least that's my read on the situation.
imau2fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:37 pm
Location: Odenton, MD

Postby Gary on Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:02 am

I'm looking forward to Feb. 8. I plan on going and I'm plannng to boo Hossa. Oh well,

Image
Gary
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,737
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:29 pm

Postby Rychster on Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:15 am

imau2fan wrote:
bill from turtle creek wrote:Smizik's a bit of an old fart, but he's completely correct. I can't believe that anybody would argue with his premise.


I'm not questioning the logic, as much as the importance. Okay, so the fans should be booing Littlefield and the Nuttings instead of Ramirez...........very true. And very unworthy of devoting an entire column to.

Although.......news flash, Bob. Hossa's contract is in part about the money. Why do you think he only signed a one-year deal? So he could go to the well again next summer, while still in his prime, with hopefully a Cup in tow, and then hopefully get another Edmonton-like offer from instead a non-Edmonton-sized market. He's looking to have his cake and eat it too. At least that's my read on the situation.


That's funny, I thought all along that when the fans boo Ramirez, they have always meant that to be booing the Nuttings!!!!! Doesn't that seem obvious to people? I bet it does to Rammy! Give Pittsburghers at least some credit here. Anyone that actually thinks the booing is directed towards Rameriz is the KNUCKLEHEAD! LOL
Rychster
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:58 am
Location: Southeastern VA

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:46 am

Image

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,681
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jim and 5 guests


e-mail