Godard a regular?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby wondermoose on Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:31 pm

pfim wrote:
mikey287 wrote:
Mr. Colby wrote:
pfim wrote:
GloryDays99 wrote:I bet he averages 4-6 mins. per game.

I guess that's better than the Pens' last enforcer named Eric.

Bogunecki?

Cairns?

Bingo. It has to be the record for least amount of playing time in a season for someone who dressed for a game.

Cairns was the best enforcer ever. He broke Zdeno Chara's hand with his face. How awesome is that?
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby bob cobb on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:24 am

therock48880 wrote:
Pitts wrote:I don't know. I haven't seen Godard play much. He could be "better" than Laraque.

He can't skate and he's not a very good fighter. I'm guessing he won't be playing a whole lot.

Wrong x2. He's a better skater (not player) the Laraque and is a good fighter. When you fight his card with his open style you arent going to be 15-3 everyear.
bob cobb
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Senka on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:27 am

he makes less money than Scuds... or close to it -- i doubt it...

Thats almost as funny as this....
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wUZuV0xce3A&feature=related
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:28 am

mikey287 wrote:
Mr. Colby wrote:
pfim wrote:

Bogunecki?

Cairns?

I loved the bogunrecclair line.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Senka on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:48 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
mikey287 wrote:
Mr. Colby wrote:
pfim wrote:

Bogunecki?

Cairns?

I did like EB when he was here... he was that guy you rooted for, because you almost felt bad for his ability? haha I just remember someone with an EB jersey and i htought to myself... "why" ?

PS: is he playing anywhere? I havent heard about him until literally this minute..
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Paul Baxter on Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:38 am

bill from turtle creek wrote:The Godard-Laraque tradeoff is reasonably even. The hole that needs filled is the light-heavyweight division; there's nobody to replace Malone's willingness to mix it up, and that worries me a little because I sense that Malkin will be physically targeted this year more than ever.

As those of you with good memories will recall, I have already stated for the record from an impeccable source that Malkin did indeed have 2 fractured ribs from the Philly series, hence his disappearance after that. However, I think that other teams in the league may or may not accept that, and they will think that Malkin can be made to disappear with physical play. He is going to need some back-up, for sure.

Good post, Bill. I totally agree with you about the need for a good, tough, light-heavyweight. The Pens don't have one now, and that does worry me a lot. Except for Godard, the Pens don't have one player on their new roster who can fight.
Paul Baxter
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PenguinHockeyFanatic on Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:02 am

His secret is prune juice.
PenguinHockeyFanatic

Postby mikey287 on Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:10 am

Senka wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
mikey287 wrote:
Mr. Colby wrote:
pfim wrote:

Bogunecki?

Cairns?

I did like EB when he was here... he was that guy you rooted for, because you almost felt bad for his ability? haha I just remember someone with an EB jersey and i htought to myself... "why" ?

PS: is he playing anywhere? I havent heard about him until literally this minute..

Went to Germany for a bit, just signed with the Ducks about a week or so ago...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Corvidae on Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:11 am

Senka wrote:PS: is he playing anywhere? I havent heard about him until literally this minute..

He just signed with an NHL team recently. I don't remember which one, because... meh.

Be right back...

Anaheim. Damn, he's a right-hand shot. We dropped the ball on that one! WAKE UP, RS!!!

EDIT: Damn you mikey and you're lighting fast information relaying skills.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby therock48880 on Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:29 am

bob cobb wrote:
therock48880 wrote:
Pitts wrote:I don't know. I haven't seen Godard play much. He could be "better" than Laraque.

He can't skate and he's not a very good fighter. I'm guessing he won't be playing a whole lot.

Wrong x2. He's a better skater (not player) the Laraque and is a good fighter. When you fight his card with his open style you arent going to be 15-3 everyear.

He skates like he's in mud. I despise Calgary so I watch them constantly so I can see them lose. He takes stupid penalties and could only play a few minutes a game for the FLAMES, who were not very good. If he and BGL were to race and do an agility test on ice, BGL would win every time. But BGL was way overpaid for his role and I think Shero did the right thing by letting him go.

In terms of fighting, he's certainly a willing combatent. I think he gets a lot of credit for basically KO'ing Boogard. I realize he can't go 15-3 every year, but I don't think it's unrealistic to want your fighter to win more than half his fights. Godard wasn't close to doing that. I can see the Pens adding someone else around the deadline to protect the young stars.
therock48880
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby bill from turtle creek on Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:00 am

We don't need him to do anything other than go ballistic every once in a while. The problem with Laraque is that he'd only fight the true heavyweights, and then only if they were agreeable. He never fought anybody who didn't give him permission to pound them. If Goddard can just be an occasional psycho, he will fit the bill. We don't need him to actually play hockey.
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby mikey287 on Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:23 pm

I don't know their skating is pretty close...maybe too close to call, they are both awful...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mosby on Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:36 pm

Sharks are having some issues getting Ryane Clowe to sign on the dotted line. I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's good enough to play on Geno's line. He'd be liking having Malone again...big (6'2, 225lbs), decent hands (20 goals-20 assist guy), will drop the gloves 5-8x a year.
Mosby
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby mikey287 on Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:49 pm

Mosby wrote:Sharks are having some issues getting Ryane Clowe to sign on the dotted line. I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's good enough to play on Geno's line. He'd be liking having Malone again...big (6'2, 225lbs), decent hands (20 goals-20 assist guy), will drop the gloves 5-8x a year.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind grabbing Clowe, but I doubt we could offer up a package that's reasonable for both sides...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pens4Life on Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:07 pm

mikey287 wrote:
Mosby wrote:Sharks are having some issues getting Ryane Clowe to sign on the dotted line. I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's good enough to play on Geno's line. He'd be liking having Malone again...big (6'2, 225lbs), decent hands (20 goals-20 assist guy), will drop the gloves 5-8x a year.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind grabbing Clowe, but I doubt we could offer up a package that's reasonable for both sides...

Dupuis and Sydor for Clowe and pick..
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pens4Life on Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:08 pm

Godard will and should be extra forward,i expect him to play 50 gp in a season max.
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby mikey287 on Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:37 pm

Pens4Life wrote:
mikey287 wrote:

Dupuis and Sydor for Clowe and pick..

Yeah...that's not happening bud, sorry...

Plus, that move would put the Sharks over the Upper Limit by about $2 million I think...it also sends a bad message to future free agents that "you might be traded just weeks after signing a multi-year contract" - not good for our reputation...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby WWGRD on Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:25 pm

Biff83 wrote:Cant wait to see Goddard vs. BGL

December 27th

7:00. Mellon Arena.
WWGRD
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby therock48880 on Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:07 am

mikey287 wrote:I don't know their skating is pretty close...maybe too close to call, they are both awful...

Remember the infamous Peter Worrell? He made BGL look like he could skate like Crosby.
therock48880
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins