Penguins Trivia Part II - Who was the first...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby The Joker on Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:34 pm

WWGRD wrote:
PenguinsChronicles.com wrote:Don't be upset that I posted a good trivia question that requires more than an incomplete fight website...and that you are gullible.

I'm just upset that you're plugging a website that isn't even a website. You're signature is beyond annoying, and no one is going to e-mail you. If you read above also, you will see how everyone feels as well. Get off of the board.

LOL! The website isn't even a website, it's like an MS Paint adventure gone wrong.
The Joker

Postby JoseCuervo on Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:37 pm

With the experience of handling and examining hundreds of Pittsburgh Penguins jerseys and thousands of Penguins items over
his 10+ years of collecting, Samuelson is considered by many to be the authority on Penguins lore. l

Are you really many?
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby canaan on Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:24 pm

this thread has potential.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby guiner on Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:05 pm

ah, he took it down....

But thanks to the copyright violating google cache feature, its still available for critique...

http://209.85.141.104/search?q=cache:LK ... =firefox-a
guiner
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby LeopardLetang on Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:42 pm

columbia wrote:
guiner wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:This topic is the reason that I hate trivia. Too much focus on inane facts that are difficult to figure out for the sake of being difficult to figure out. The other question was interesting though.

Agree. Add too it the overt plugging of a website that doesn't exist, toss in a dash of acting like a tool. Its a recipe for being totally annoying!

You mean I shouldn't start posting trivia questions and plugging:
www.ipretendtoknowmoreinanetrivialfactsaboutthepenguinsthanyoudo.com

i had problems loading that page. ??
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Paul Baxter on Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:50 pm

That's a great trivia question and, as someone who actually did follow the Penguins in their inaugural season, I can't remember who had the first fighting major that season. I thought that it might be And Bathgate, but it appears from this thread that that was not the case. If it wasn't Bathgate, then I am going to guess Bob Dillabough against the St. Louis Blues in St. Loius. No idea which Blues player he fought.

You've got my curiousity now, please tell us the answer.
Paul Baxter
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:53 pm

Paul Baxter wrote:That's a great trivia question and, as someone who actually did follow the Penguins in their inaugural season, I can't remember who had the first fighting major that season.

Don't be upset, I don't remember who had the first fighting major THIS past season. Mostly because its possibly the most meaningless thing to remember. Are we gonna ask who had the first penalty that season too?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Jimmy Straka on Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:23 pm

You should put a message board on penguinschronicles.com. I would post like all the time. For real.

I probably wouldn't take time to read it though. And I'd probably only reply to my own threads. And I'd probably promote my youtube channel.

which by the way, I don't feel bad doing in this thread, so here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/user/gopens25

also that might be the most trivial trivia question I've ever heard.

I feel used.
Jimmy Straka

Postby jkorber75 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:32 pm

you guys are being way too hard on casey. pass judgment once the website actually opens. i, for one, am looking forward to what he has to offer. there needs to be a thorough penguins history website and i hope he delivers what he promises.
jkorber75
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby wallflower on Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:54 pm

WWGRD wrote:
PenguinsChronicles.com wrote:Don't be upset that I posted a good trivia question that requires more than an incomplete fight website...and that you are gullible.

I'm just upset that you're plugging a website that isn't even a website. You're signature is beyond annoying, and no one is going to e-mail you. If you read above also, you will see how everyone feels as well. Get off of the board.

I'm so happy that we are now judging posters' worth to this board based on their HTML skill level. (Which is a good thing for me then, I suppose. :lol: )

September is still too far off for this sort of silly bickering.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby PenguinsChronicles.com on Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:39 am

The first fight in Pittsburgh Penguins team history was on Thursday, October 19, 1967 at Philadelphia. Penguins C Earl Ingarfield battled Flyers C Forbes Kennedy at 6:13 of the first period.

Kennedy went on to rack up 130 penalty minutes in 1967-68, while Ingarfield managed just 12. One year later, Kennedy led the National Hockey League in penalty minutes with 219 while playing for Philadelphia (195 PIM's in 59 games) and Toronto (24 PIM's in 13 games).

On May 30, 1969, Forbes Kennedy became a member of the Pittsburgh Penguins organization after being traded from Toronto for cash. Just 12 days later, he was claimed by the New York Rangers from Pittsburgh in the Intra-League Draft. Kennedy never played a game for the Pittsburgh Penguins.

LETS GO PENS!

Casey Samuelson
Owner / Webmaster - PenguinsChronicles.com
E-mail: webmaster@PenguinsChronicles.com
PenguinsChronicles.com
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins