Malkin, Gonchar to practice with SKA St. Petersburg

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Malkin, Gonchar to practice with SKA St. Petersburg

Postby Tomas on Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:58 pm

Will join their training camp in August to prepare for the new season. The team's head coach is Barry Smith.
Other players that may join them include Alexei Semenov (San Jose) + 3 Buffalo players.
http://news.sport-express.ru/online/nte ... 47520.html
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,268
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:21 am

Postby Kovy27 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:06 pm

Oh no! They are leaving. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Panic!
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,589
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:06 pm

Weren't people complaining last summer that Malkin should stay here and work on his English. Lets do that again!
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 52,637
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Postby caramia on Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:08 pm

Hopefully, we'll get some more short shorts workout photos.
Image
caramia
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:37 pm
Location: Emerald City

Postby KG on Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:20 pm

caramia wrote:Hopefully, we'll get some more short shorts workout photos.
Image


Or hopefully not..Whichever floats your boat... :wink:
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,975
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:53 am
Location: NY

Postby bill from turtle creek on Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:32 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Weren't people complaining last summer that Malkin should stay here and work on his English. Lets do that again!


Frankly, him working to improve his language skills would not be a bad thing.
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,686
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Serenity Now, Serenity Now.

Postby Mongoose87 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:33 pm

bill from turtle creek wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Weren't people complaining last summer that Malkin should stay here and work on his English. Lets do that again!


Frankly, him working to improve his language skills would not be a bad thing.


I'd rather have him in better hockey shape than better english shape. He can learn language more easily during the season than he can improve his strength and conditioning.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,908
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:04 pm
Location: The breakfast table of TRIUMPH!

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:59 pm

remember last year when everyone said malkin was a stupid for working out with the soff gonchar?
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,083
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Under the Skycoaster

Postby wallflower on Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:04 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:remember last year when everyone said malkin was a stupid for working out with the soff gonchar?

That was funny before they both had great seasons, even more hilarious afterward. :lol:
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,913
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:19 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Postby CathUZ on Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:23 pm

wow Malkin has great legs
CathUZ
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:50 pm
Location: State College, PA

Postby IrishEyes on Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:22 pm

CathUZ wrote:wow Malkin has great legs


I was just thinking the same thing. Wow.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,264
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: Damn the Man! Save the Empire!

Postby canaan on Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:43 pm

lynch malkin
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,848
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Postby PenguinHockeyFanatic on Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:25 pm

caramia wrote:Hopefully, we'll get some more short shorts workout photos.
Image



BRB, I gotta shave my legs like Geno......
PenguinHockeyFanatic
 

Postby CathUZ on Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:29 pm

PenguinHockeyFanatic wrote: BRB, I gotta shave my legs like Geno......


I think the hair on his legs just doesn't grow in very dark. Overall he just doesn't seem like a hairy guy. Maybe this is why he didn't attempt a playoff beard..it may have looked worse than Sid's.
CathUZ
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:50 pm
Location: State College, PA

Postby PenguinHockeyFanatic on Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:32 pm

CathUZ wrote:
PenguinHockeyFanatic wrote: BRB, I gotta shave my legs like Geno......


I think the hair on his legs just doesn't grow in very dark. Overall he just doesn't seem like a hairy guy. Maybe this is why he didn't attempt a playoff beard..it may have looked worse than Sid's.


So...are you saying I should cancel my scrotal waxing?
PenguinHockeyFanatic
 

Postby JoseCuervo on Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:37 pm

CathUZ wrote:
PenguinHockeyFanatic wrote: BRB, I gotta shave my legs like Geno......


I think the hair on his legs just doesn't grow in very dark. Overall he just doesn't seem like a hairy guy. Maybe this is why he didn't attempt a playoff beard..it may have looked worse than Sid's.


I just assumed he actually had no facial hair...

or he may have been smarter than Sid
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,809
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:20 pm
Location: Dallas

Postby dogwithshftyeyes on Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:37 pm

short shorts are making a comeback
dogwithshftyeyes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:53 pm
Location: inner city

Postby meecrofilm on Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:56 pm

dogwithshftyeyes wrote:short shorts are making a comeback


They left?
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,473
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:09 pm
Location: Filly don't do rebounds.

Postby jaysmiter on Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:16 pm

Dude...Malkin and Gonch in a SKA band? That's f'n awesome!

Let's just hope their band doesn't tour with Reel Big Fish, since Penguins feed on fish.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,998
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:50 pm
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Postby bill from turtle creek on Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:50 pm

Mongoose87 wrote:
bill from turtle creek wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Weren't people complaining last summer that Malkin should stay here and work on his English. Lets do that again!


Frankly, him working to improve his language skills would not be a bad thing.


I'd rather have him in better hockey shape than better english shape. He can learn language more easily during the season than he can improve his strength and conditioning.


There's plenty of time for both. I worked out quite a bit when I was in college, and managed to both gain muscle mass and get a degree.
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,686
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Serenity Now, Serenity Now.

Postby Mosby on Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:04 pm

I was hoping that both Geno and Gonchar would workout under the same person they did last year. Both had great years, why change it!
Mosby
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 832
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:09 am

Postby Daniel87 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:26 pm

Mosby wrote:I was hoping that both Geno and Gonchar would workout under the same person they did last year. Both had great years, why change it!


Maybe because Malkin was about dead from exhaustion at the end of the year? Who knows though, maybe it had nothing to do with training.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,077
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:06 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Postby Mongoose87 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:33 pm

Daniel87 wrote:
Mosby wrote:I was hoping that both Geno and Gonchar would workout under the same person they did last year. Both had great years, why change it!


Maybe because Malkin was about dead from exhaustion at the end of the year? Who knows though, maybe it had nothing to do with training.


I bet the fact that he lasted so much longer than the year before was due to his training in the offseason.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,908
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:04 pm
Location: The breakfast table of TRIUMPH!

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:34 pm

Daniel87 wrote:
Mosby wrote:I was hoping that both Geno and Gonchar would workout under the same person they did last year. Both had great years, why change it!


Maybe because Malkin was about dead from exhaustion at the end of the year? Who knows though, maybe it had nothing to do with training.


Yeah I think it had more to do with being the guy for half a season.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 52,637
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Postby skullman80 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:36 pm

bill from turtle creek wrote:
Mongoose87 wrote:
bill from turtle creek wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Weren't people complaining last summer that Malkin should stay here and work on his English. Lets do that again!


Frankly, him working to improve his language skills would not be a bad thing.


I'd rather have him in better hockey shape than better english shape. He can learn language more easily during the season than he can improve his strength and conditioning.


There's plenty of time for both. I worked out quite a bit when I was in college, and managed to both gain muscle mass and get a degree.


His English is perfectly fine as it is for what he needs it for. He knows a lot more than most people think probably. He doesn't need to be fluent. He understands the language, and that's perfectly fine with me.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,153
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: New Kensington, PA

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beveridge, bse, Dickie Dunn, MalkinIsMyHomeboy, meow, mikey287 and 18 guests

e-mail