2008 Penguin Rally Towels

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

2008 Penguin Rally Towels

Postby doublewinder on Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:36 pm

Do any of you have any extra rally towels from the playoffs this year, preferably the stanley cup final edition, you'd want to sell for a non gouging price?
doublewinder
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:01 pm

Postby cs6687 on Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:46 pm

I have an extra one (not a Finals towel, though). If you want it for nothing, it's yours. Although I won't oppose tickets to a game this season. :wink:
cs6687
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,188
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:02 pm

Postby The Snapshot on Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:48 pm

They are worth something? I was using them as rags for fishing. I never really remember checking to be 100% sure, but I don't think there was any difference in them round by round. They just say "Go Pens" and "the cup changes everything" with 2008 Stanley Cup logo and Dick's Sporting Goods.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,276
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:05 pm

They were selling on ebay for $5. I have them laying in a pile. Not doing anythign with them.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,710
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Postby pensfan20 on Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:07 am

The Snapshot wrote:They are worth something? I was using them as rags for fishing. I never really remember checking to be 100% sure, but I don't think there was any difference in them round by round. They just say "Go Pens" and "the cup changes everything" with 2008 Stanley Cup logo and Dick's Sporting Goods.

The Cup final ones have frills on the end. The design is the same, just more junk to fly off of them when you spun them.
pensfan20
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,040
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:11 am
Location: Johnstown PA

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:08 am

Idoit40fans wrote:They were selling on ebay for $5. I have them laying in a pile. Not doing anythign with them.


Wanna send me one? LOL
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,561
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Postby The Snapshot on Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:21 am

pensfan20 wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:They are worth something? I was using them as rags for fishing. I never really remember checking to be 100% sure, but I don't think there was any difference in them round by round. They just say "Go Pens" and "the cup changes everything" with 2008 Stanley Cup logo and Dick's Sporting Goods.

The Cup final ones have frills on the end. The design is the same, just more junk to fly off of them when you spun them.


That surprises me that I never noticed the difference. I guess I looked for them during the early rounds and decided they were the same every one.

Now I have to look around my house for the stupid Finals towels. I should have had at least 3 of them....
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,276
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there

Postby ivand87 on Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:44 pm

Check chuckthomas.com
ivand87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,154
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:57 pm

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:45 pm

I'm making all of my towels into a cape.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,710
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:46 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:I'm making all of my towels into a cape.


Son of a!
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,561
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: 2008 Penguin Rally Towels

Postby Ossa on Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:54 pm

doublewinder wrote:Do any of you have any extra rally towels from the playoffs this year, preferably the stanley cup final edition, you'd want to sell for a non gouging price?


I'm pretty sure the Stanley Cup Finals towels were the same as the other playoff towels.

Game 6 SCF towels had some fringe on the side, Games 3 & 4 towels were just like the other playoff towels.
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:08 pm

Postby doublewinder on Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:09 pm

Yeah..I'm looking for the one with the fringe on the end.
If not...I'll just go for the regular.

Anybody here have the fringe?
doublewinder
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:01 pm

Postby PensFanBryan on Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:39 pm

I went to all the playoff games. I only got 1 towel with the fringe. I think they were only handed out SCF game 6, although i could be wrong.
Last edited by PensFanBryan on Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PensFanBryan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,914
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:42 am
Location: Saxonburg, PA

Postby Ossa on Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:56 pm

PensFanBryan wrote:I went to all the playoff games. I only got 1 towel with the fringe. I think they were only handed out game 6, although i could be wrong.


You're right.
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:08 pm

Postby manicmonday18 on Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:22 am

funny this thread came up....I gave one away to all the people who wanted them at work, lost 2 in the mud at Mellon Arena and still had about 15 in a pile in my living room up until yesterday. I finally got the idea to put them in the wardrobe and now I have to go check out this frills thing...
manicmonday18
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 691
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:38 am

Postby knives of ice on Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:36 pm

i just used them as rags to clean the kitchen the other day
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,742
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: good riddance Armstrong

Postby heshootsandscores on Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:05 pm

knives of ice wrote:i just used them as rags to clean the kitchen the other day


I would love to have one, i got one at a game, and would give cash to have another...frills or no frills :wink:

email me if interested...
heshootsandscores
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,281
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:25 pm
Location: Johnstown, PA

Postby heshootsandscores on Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:57 pm

heshootsandscores wrote:
knives of ice wrote:i just used them as rags to clean the kitchen the other day


I would love to have one, i got one at a game, and would give cash to have another...frills or no frills :wink:

email me if interested...


Hey Burgh Thing, Thanks so much...I got it in the mail today! You are the best Pens fan i never met!
heshootsandscores
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,281
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:25 pm
Location: Johnstown, PA


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

e-mail