2008 NHL Stanley Cup Finals Games coming to DVD

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

2008 NHL Stanley Cup Finals Games coming to DVD

Postby ChadGKG on Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:36 am

There is now listings for NHL Stanley Cup Champions 2007-2008: Detroit Red Wings (Special Edition) -- UPC 883929020324

It comes out the same day as Crosby's DVD (10/07/08)

From deepdiscount:
All the action, all the highlights, and all the drama of the 2007-2008 Stanley Cup Championships are captured here. It's a must have for any fan of the sport since this production goes above and beyond any typical coverage of the event, including interviews, insights, and extras.


From Warner Brothers:
Come along for a magical ride with the 2008 Detroit Red Wings with this special collector's edition DVD set. This four-disc compilation includes the entire broadcast of all six games from the memorable Stanley Cup Final against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Relive all the sights and sounds from Detroit's 11th Stanley Cup championship -- their fourth title in 11 years -- and go inside the glass with one of hockey's greatest franchises. Experience all the nail- biting drama all over again, all the big goals and the show-stopping saves. . .and celebrate one more championship run with the heroes of Hockeytown.


I know it has the Red Wings on the cover, but it still has the Penguins playing in the finals inside, so I will be getting it for the nostalgia and Game 5.

It's shown in widescreen.

Now to give you the sources:
Amazon
DeepDiscount
Warner Brothers
ChadGKG
 

Postby letsgopens87 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:38 am

I wish they sold them separate because I only want game 5.
letsgopens87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,368
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:06 am

Postby ivand87 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:38 pm

<-- Has them all in high def.
ivand87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,154
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:57 pm

Postby duke66 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:16 pm

ivand87 wrote:<-- Has them all in high def.


...nice!!...on dvd??...i was at the immortal game #5, and do have it on dvd (but not high def)...i may purchase that finals dvd, but it could also be bad memories (save for games 3 & 5)...
duke66
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,408
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:54 pm
Location: The Promised Land - @dukewall66

Postby beerman on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:05 pm

I think it would just be too painful to own the whole set. If it was just game 5 I'd order it.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,200
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:19 pm

Postby The Joker on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:06 pm

beerman wrote:I think it would just be too painful to own the whole set. If it was just game 5 I'd order it.


And everytime you pop in the DVD it forces you to look at the cover that says, "Detroit Red Wings, Stanley Cup Champions".

No Thanks.
The Joker
 

Postby beerman on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:20 pm

The Joker wrote:
beerman wrote:I think it would just be too painful to own the whole set. If it was just game 5 I'd order it.


And everytime you pop in the DVD it forces you to look at the cover that says, "Detroit Red Wings, Stanley Cup Champions".

No Thanks.


Yeah I'm not paying money for anything that has that horrible phrase upon it.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,200
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:19 pm

Postby penny lane on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:31 pm

beerman wrote:
The Joker wrote:
beerman wrote:I think it would just be too painful to own the whole set. If it was just game 5 I'd order it.


And everytime you pop in the DVD it forces you to look at the cover that says, "Detroit Red Wings, Stanley Cup Champions".

No Thanks.


Yeah I'm not paying money for anything that has that horrible phrase upon it.


Knowing the pens, they will have their own season highlights coming
to us soon. :) I can watch a few of the play-offs game anytime, they
don't lose their appeal.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,489
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Summer sunshine heals!

Postby beerman on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:37 pm

penny lane wrote:
beerman wrote:
The Joker wrote:
beerman wrote:I think it would just be too painful to own the whole set. If it was just game 5 I'd order it.


And everytime you pop in the DVD it forces you to look at the cover that says, "Detroit Red Wings, Stanley Cup Champions".

No Thanks.


Yeah I'm not paying money for anything that has that horrible phrase upon it.


Knowing the pens, they will have their own season highlights coming
to us soon. :) I can watch a few of the play-offs game anytime, they
don't lose their appeal.


I'd definitely buy a 07/08 Pens highlight DVD, a ton of great memories this year that would be an awesome DVD.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,200
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:19 pm

Postby duke66 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:40 pm

penny lane wrote:Knowing the pens, they will have their own season highlights coming to us soon. :) I can watch a few of the play-offs game anytime, they don't lose their appeal.



...yes now that is a dvd i will buy!!!...
duke66
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,408
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:54 pm
Location: The Promised Land - @dukewall66

Postby penny lane on Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:08 am

Can't see the pens missing an opportunity to revenues with a
season/post-season DVD.

With the flyer games, now knowing about comcast/versus relationship,
the announcing of those games add to the overall FUN of beating Philadelphia.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,489
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Summer sunshine heals!


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DudeMan2766, MalkinIsMyHomeboy and 12 guests

e-mail