Be careful Sid......

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Be careful Sid......

Postby bringitonhome on Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:05 am

question number 3..........


http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 80833.html


Be careful you little bugger! .....and happy b-day!
bringitonhome
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,499
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:07 am
Location: computer

Re: Be careful Sid......

Postby ivand87 on Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:38 am

bringitonhome wrote:question number 3..........


http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 80833.html


Be careful you little bugger! .....and happy b-day!


happy bday 4 days early??

edit: oh nevermind
ivand87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,154
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:57 pm

Re: Be careful Sid......

Postby Easton on Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:39 am

ivand87 wrote:
bringitonhome wrote:question number 3..........


http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 80833.html


Be careful you little bugger! .....and happy b-day!


happy bday 4 days early??


Much easier than bumping the post in four days to say happy birthday!
Easton
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,657
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:12 am

Postby Bowser on Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:59 am

Sid has good taste - "Jack Daniels or Crown Royal"
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,963
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:08 am

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:45 am

Bowser wrote:Sid has good taste - "Jack Daniels or Crown Royal"


Two of my favorites as well.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,816
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

I am amazed that.....

Postby Penspal on Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:50 am

... there has not been one incident of Crosby out drinking, etc. I mean, both Gretzky and Lemieux had there crazy times when they were young. Wayne even took Mario into a Montreal ballet establishment as a teenager.

But there have been no pictures or stories of Sid "letting his hair down... "amazing. I think this will be good for the team in that, your Captain can take you out for a drink and tell you to get your act together.

I didn't like the vibe the ankle question-answer gave me though.

Cheers Sid :wink:
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,379
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:12 am
Location: dark recesses of Sid's brain

Postby Kicksave on Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:55 am

That Q&A read like a freaking Myspace questionnaire.

"LOL here U go Sid. If u r3spond and send this 2 10 ppl, you'll get kissed by ur true love on Friday. LOLz...good luck".
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,572
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 am
Location: Feeling like I want to rage...right now.

Re: I am amazed that.....

Postby bhaw on Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:03 am

Penspal wrote:... there has not been one incident of Crosby out drinking, etc. I mean, both Gretzky and Lemieux had there crazy times when they were young. Wayne even took Mario into a Montreal ballet establishment as a teenager.

But there have been no pictures or stories of Sid "letting his hair down... "amazing. I think this will be good for the team in that, your Captain can take you out for a drink and tell you to get your act together.

I didn't like the vibe the ankle question-answer gave me though.

Cheers Sid :wink:


Sid, like almost all people under 21, drank. I'm pretty sure he could get in to whatever bar he wanted. It appears he just did a good job of keeping a low profile when he did it.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,994
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Postby Member on Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:35 am

Kicksave wrote:That Q&A read like a freaking Myspace questionnaire.

"LOL here U go Sid. If u r3spond and send this 2 10 ppl, you'll get kissed by ur true love on Friday. LOLz...good luck".


If you read this response and don't respond within one day, you and everyone you know will be cursed for the next five weeks!
Last edited by Member on Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,900
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:19 pm
Location: Justin Bieber

Postby bhaw on Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:41 am

Member wrote:
Kicksave wrote:That Q&A read like a freaking Myspace questionnaire.

"LOL here U go Sid. If u r3spond and send this 2 10 ppl, you'll get kissed by ur true love on Friday. LOLz...good luck".


If you read this response and don't respond within in one day, you and everyone you know will be cursed for the next five weeks!


Watch out Geno!
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,994
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Postby IrishEyes on Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:50 am

You know, just once, I'd like to hear or read Sid say exactly what he's thinking. Screw the PC thing to say, and just speak his mind.

Then he can go back to being that guy who says all the right things.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,264
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: Damn the Man! Save the Empire!

Postby bhaw on Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:54 am

IrishEyes wrote:You know, just once, I'd like to hear or read Sid say exactly what he's thinking. Screw the PC thing to say, and just speak his mind.

Then he can go back to being that guy who says all the right things.


THat would require some massive reprogramming. I think he has been so well trained towards the media that this is what he actually thinks. He's not holding back but this is how it goes through his head at this point. Maybe he should hang out with AO more.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,994
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Postby penny lane on Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:49 pm

Q: How much more motivated are you to win the Stanley Cup after losing in the final?
A: I thought I was motivated before. It's definitely more now. Being that close and not being able to do it -- it's just hard. The quicker you can get back and win it, the better.


Every year Sid comes back to Pittsburgh with something in his game improved, this year will be no different. From this interview you see it kills him that they lost the final and that he desperately wants to play the full season.
With Sid, somewhere between the foaming at the mouth on ice and off-ice polite guy is the real one. Once captain I think he made a point to watch the temper.

Any whiskey I drink has to be diluted by other things, like with raspberry/cranberry juice.
I need to send Sid a bottle of Jameson’s, he’d be happy with that too. :wink:
Birthday wishes & fun to Sid!
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,488
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Summer sunshine heals!

Postby Corvidae on Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:12 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
Bowser wrote:Sid has good taste - "Jack Daniels or Crown Royal"


Two of my favorites as well.


Same here. Jack & Coke, FTW. Or loss, depending on how you look at it.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,108
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:47 am

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:15 pm

Corvidae wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
Bowser wrote:Sid has good taste - "Jack Daniels or Crown Royal"


Two of my favorites as well.


Same here. Jack & Coke, FTW. Or loss, depending on how you look at it.


Its only win, actually. I don't really drink it often, but it is pretty quality.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,470
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Postby Corvidae on Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:40 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
Corvidae wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
Bowser wrote:Sid has good taste - "Jack Daniels or Crown Royal"


Two of my favorites as well.


Same here. Jack & Coke, FTW. Or loss, depending on how you look at it.


Its only win, actually. I don't really drink it often, but it is pretty quality.


Loss being the events that occur after consumption.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,108
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:47 am

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:43 pm

Corvidae wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
Corvidae wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
Bowser wrote:Sid has good taste - "Jack Daniels or Crown Royal"


Two of my favorites as well.


Same here. Jack & Coke, FTW. Or loss, depending on how you look at it.


Its only win, actually. I don't really drink it often, but it is pretty quality.


Loss being the events that occur after consumption.


Nothing bad happens. You think it does because society dictates that you should, but you regret nothing.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,470
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Postby Corvidae on Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:03 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
Corvidae wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
Corvidae wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
Bowser wrote:Sid has good taste - "Jack Daniels or Crown Royal"


Two of my favorites as well.


Same here. Jack & Coke, FTW. Or loss, depending on how you look at it.


Its only win, actually. I don't really drink it often, but it is pretty quality.


Loss being the events that occur after consumption.


Nothing bad happens. You think it does because society dictates that you should, but you regret nothing.


Yeah, I use to say to my now ex-girlfriend "I don't have a drinking problem. YOU have a problem with my drinking!" But when you wake up next to a wildebeest... or in jail next to a male wildebeest, it becomes my problem. Best thing to do is get so drunk you can't even make it out the door. It's worked so far. It was either that or stop drinking, which isn't an option at this point in my new unemployment.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,108
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:47 am

Postby heshootsandscores on Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:11 pm

Bowser wrote:Sid has good taste - "Jack Daniels or Crown Royal"



At least he can afford it :lol:
heshootsandscores
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,281
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:25 pm
Location: Johnstown, PA

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:13 pm

He probably likes the Stevie Ray Vaughan version of Crown and coke
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,470
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Postby scals37 on Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:10 pm

i wont say anything too specific, but ive been around him and others, once in a while in the strip destrict and he def keeps a lower profile than geno and staal.... although staal basically feels like he disgraced his name by doing what he did
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,683
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:05 pm
Location: Joe Baggadonuts' House

Postby puckeye on Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:32 pm

he is even mature in what he drinks....

at 21, beer and shots of something cheap and potent were high on my list

the PC answer would have been IC Light. :lol:
puckeye
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,645
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:35 pm

Postby the wicked child on Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:44 pm

puckeye wrote:the PC answer would have been IC Light. :lol:


I would have lost respect for him if he answered that. :lol:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,516
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:01 pm

puckeye wrote:he is even mature in what he drinks....

at 21, beer and shots of something cheap and potent were high on my list

the PC answer would have been IC Light. :lol:


By 20 I was done with cheap liquor. Beer will always be there, though I never went through a phase where I drank much of it.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,470
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Postby PensBeerGeek on Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:34 pm

puckeye wrote:he is even mature in what he drinks....

at 21, beer and shots of something cheap and potent were high on my list


Did you have 10 million dollars in the bank the day you turned 21?? :D

To be honest, I always wondered what he was going to do....somehow, I pictured some big party for Sidney Crosby's 21st birthday, instead of a low-key celebration in Nova Scotia. Regardless, I will drink a couple to him that night!

(Personally, I'm not a big fan of the 21 drinking age, being around a college campus and all, but that's a debate for another place.)
PensBeerGeek
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,264
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:38 pm
Location: Morgantown, WV/Washington, PA

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FLPensFan, Pitts and 10 guests

e-mail