TIOPS says...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

TIOPS says...

Postby Doogs on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:34 am

Boston and Buffalo to persue Gogo...

What would it take to move Gogo?

Max Afina-gonnaaddhiminarumortothepensagain?

Boston wants to move Kessel.
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,881
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:29 pm
Location: Wexford

Postby The Joker on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:36 am

TIOPS also said that Paul Kariya was a lock to become a Penguin last year, so what?
The Joker
 

Postby bhaw on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:39 am

While I don't believe there is any truth here, you won't get much for a guy who has only played a couple NHL games and still has development to do. Meaning Afinogenov or Kessel for Goligoski is totally out of the question unless we ship more that way.

But I love the irony of them calling out Eklund the other day for making stuff up then posting this.

Quality.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,806
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Postby Doogs on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:39 am

The Joker wrote:TIOPS also said that Paul Kariya was a lock to become a Penguin last year, so what?


Just moving info around the net.
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,881
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:29 pm
Location: Wexford

Postby Eismann on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:43 am

TIOPs has 3 eyes.....TIOPs has 3 eyyyyyyyyyyyyyes.

(parents of little kids might get that one)
Eismann
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,729
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:14 am
Location: Zeros

Postby The Joker on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:44 am

bhaw wrote:But I love the irony of them calling out Eklund the other day for making stuff up then posting this.

Quality.


:lol:

It was awesome. "Oh, and just to let my loyal readers know that report from that so called "rumor" site Eklund is total and absolute rubbish. If you want unsubstantiated speculation about all things sports, you know where to go."
Last edited by The Joker on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Joker
 

Postby bhaw on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:45 am

question: did it really say unsubstituted or is that a typo?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,806
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Postby Doogs on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:46 am

I was not necessarily saying a straight up deal, but if they are looking for Gogo, they would need to offer a deal that had something we were in need of and that seems to be either a wing for Sid or Geno (depending on where Staal plays) not a guy that could fill a fouth line role at WB-S.
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,881
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:29 pm
Location: Wexford

Postby Eismann on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:47 am

bhaw wrote:question: did it really say unsubstituted or is that a typo?


Please let that not be a typo.
Eismann
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,729
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:14 am
Location: Zeros

Postby The Joker on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:49 am

bhaw wrote:question: did it really say unsubstituted or is that a typo?


Damn Firefox spellcheck.
The Joker
 

Postby bhaw on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:50 am

sure, but gologoski won't get us much straight up. If you're looking at a combo deal, there are a lot of things that COULD work. I just don't think he is that desirable... especially by a team like Boston given their style of play.

I think both of those teams will hold on to the players you mentioned until the deadline because they can get a lot more in return.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,806
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Postby Doogs on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:53 am

bhaw wrote:sure, but gologoski won't get us much straight up. If you're looking at a combo deal, there are a lot of things that COULD work. I just don't think he is that desirable... especially by a team like Boston given their style of play.

I think both of those teams will hold on to the players you mentioned until the deadline because they can get a lot more in return.


Absolutely makes sense. I saw this over there, it said that they were looking into him and I thought... what would we get from them that we could use.
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,881
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:29 pm
Location: Wexford

Postby Jim on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:54 am

Pit: Goligoski, Sydor

Boston: Chuck Kobasew, Milan Lucic

:)
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,832
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: TIOPS says...

Postby Kovy27 on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:55 am

Doogs wrote:Boston and Buffalo to persue Gogo...

What would it take to move Gogo?

Max Afina-gonnaaddhiminarumortothepensagain?

Boston wants to move Kessel.


Gogo for Kotalik. Signed, Sealed, and Delivered. wat?
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,184
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: TIOPS says...

Postby bhaw on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:58 am

Kovy27 wrote:
Doogs wrote:Boston and Buffalo to persue Gogo...

What would it take to move Gogo?

Max Afina-gonnaaddhiminarumortothepensagain?

Boston wants to move Kessel.


Gogo for Kotalik. Signed, Sealed, and Delivered. wat?


Two words for you:

Fecal. Matter.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,806
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: TIOPS says...

Postby Kovy27 on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:59 am

bhaw wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
Doogs wrote:Boston and Buffalo to persue Gogo...

What would it take to move Gogo?

Max Afina-gonnaaddhiminarumortothepensagain?

Boston wants to move Kessel.


Gogo for Kotalik. Signed, Sealed, and Delivered. wat?


Two words for you:

Fecal. Matter.


What you do in your personal life is none of my business.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,184
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Postby K2 on Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:04 am

Lest we forget:

TIOPS = Buzz on the Turd
K2
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,898
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:35 pm
Location: Kuhnhackl's German Army

Postby DrBoni on Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:10 am

Eismann wrote:TIOPs has 3 eyes.....TIOPs has 3 eyyyyyyyyyyyyyes.

(parents of little kids might get that one)


Or just big TMBG fans :-)
DrBoni
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,458
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:50 am

Postby Eismann on Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:14 am

DrBoni wrote:
Eismann wrote:TIOPs has 3 eyes.....TIOPs has 3 eyyyyyyyyyyyyyes.

(parents of little kids might get that one)


Or just big TMBG fans :-)


1-Up
Eismann
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,729
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:14 am
Location: Zeros

Postby penny lane on Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:21 am

Jim wrote:Pit: Goligoski, Sydor

Boston: Chuck Kobasew, Milan Lucic

:)


Bruin fans think Lucic is 2nd coming of Cam Neely, don't think they'll move him for 2 defensemen. If Ray Shero, I would do asap.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,681
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: juju land

Postby Angle on Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:25 am

bhaw wrote:While I don't believe there is any truth here, you won't get much for a guy who has only played a couple NHL games and still has development to do. Meaning Afinogenov or Kessel for Goligoski is totally out of the question unless we ship more that way.

But I love the irony of them calling out Eklund the other day for making stuff up then posting this.

Quality.


I think you're being a little harsh. All he said was that Buffalo and Boston had scouts at the WBS playoff games. It doesn't mean a trade is imminient. What it could mean is that Buffalo and Boston are looking at their competition and scouting for the future... If they know the Pens will have several puck-moving defensemen, Buffalo and Boston may design their defensive squad accordingly... or have a catalog of Goligoski's weaknesses in their back pocket ready to exploit.

Making the connection that Goligoski for Afinganov or Kessel was a thread strung by people on this board not by Buzz on the Turd.
Angle
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 855
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:22 am
Location: Baldwin

Postby bhaw on Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:32 am

I don't go to the sites like that so I go off of what is posted. If he didn't put that on his site, fine, but he's still a rumor mongerer just like Eklund. And actually worse than Eklund becuase he is as vague as possible so people stick up for him by pointing out he technically didn't say it was definitely going to happen. (not bashing you at all... I realized it kind of came out that way)
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,806
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Postby Doogs on Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:33 am

Angle wrote:
bhaw wrote:While I don't believe there is any truth here, you won't get much for a guy who has only played a couple NHL games and still has development to do. Meaning Afinogenov or Kessel for Goligoski is totally out of the question unless we ship more that way.

But I love the irony of them calling out Eklund the other day for making stuff up then posting this.

Quality.


I think you're being a little harsh. All he said was that Buffalo and Boston had scouts at the WBS playoff games. It doesn't mean a trade is imminient. What it could mean is that Buffalo and Boston are looking at their competition and scouting for the future... If they know the Pens will have several puck-moving defensemen, Buffalo and Boston may design their defensive squad accordingly... or have a catalog of Goligoski's weaknesses in their back pocket ready to exploit.

Making the connection that Goligoski for Afinganov or Kessel was a thread strung by people on this board not by Buzz on the Turd.


If by people you mean me then you are correct, in my defense, Max A. to the Pens is something heard for seasons now, and Boston is, in fact, interested in moving Kessel. From those organizations and considering what the Pens have as needs, I put those 2 names out there. I also, before putting those names out there asked who people thought we could get for them.

From that point I remove myself from ALL responsibility for others input.
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,881
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:29 pm
Location: Wexford

Postby mikey287 on Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:27 pm

They have goose for any sort of reasonable return...I like Max from Buffalo, I'd also consider of move involving prospects Tim Kennedy or Mike Weber (Pittsburgh native I believe)...

From Boston, I'm not interested in Phil Kessel...I don't really like him...I do like Chuck Kobasew, but with a new extension, I doubt he's going anywhere...they have Mark Stuart as a shutdown guy, but I doubt he's on the table...

I don't know most of the stuff Boston has in Goose's price range isn't really worth it...maybe a couple of draft picks? I don't know...

I think we'd have much to discuss with Buffalo...although, with guys like TJ Brennan and Nathan Paetsch in the fold, I don't see a reason for Alex Goligoski...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,501
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Postby Kovy27 on Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:29 pm

mikey287 wrote: Mike Weber (Pittsburgh native I believe)...


You would be correct.

I can see the Pens trying to move one of the 9 defencemen. If Gogo brings us a decent return for his value...I don't see a problem with it.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,184
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dodint and 6 guests

e-mail