Pens Motivational Posters...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby André on Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:45 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Image

Nice. But as self explainitory (spelling) jokes are never funny why not change the content of the 2nd line? =)
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:50 pm

André wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Image

Nice. But as self explainitory (spelling) jokes are never funny why not change the content of the 2nd line? =)

I'm too lazy to redo it. I'll give someone a Malkin Fathead if they do it for me. :lol:
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Samsdog on Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:07 pm

Samsdog
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby littlemoonboot on Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:15 pm

^AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby littlemoonboot on Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:16 pm

littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby lgpen30f987 on Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:18 pm

lgpen30f987
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby rosey6629 on Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:19 pm

cma3585 wrote:
guiner wrote:
JS© wrote:Image

Underneath "SUCKS" you could have just put "Nickleback"

You could also try spelling the band's name right if you have such a vocal disdain for them.

they do not deserve to have their name typed correctly. i can only assume he did it on purpose in spite.
rosey6629
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kicksave on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:03 pm

I'm usually the type of person who scoffs at people who say "this band sucks". Music is entirely subjective and I hate it when music snobs judge someone else because of their taste in music, truly making them look like an egomaniacle *******. The same thing goes for movie, sports and political snobs (there are few of you here, some of you are all 3 :lol: ).

With that said, Nickleback just doesn't do it for me either and I can usually find some music in most genres that I like.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pfim on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:22 pm

Kicksave wrote:I'm usually the type of person who scoffs at people who say "this band sucks". Music is entirely subjective and I hate it when music snobs judge someone else because of their taste in music, truly making them look like an egomaniacle *******. The same thing goes for movie, sports and political snobs (there are few of you here, some of you are all 3 :lol: ).

With that said, Nickleback just doesn't do it for me either and I can usually find some music in most genres that I like.

pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jimmy Straka on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:19 pm

Kicksave wrote:I'm usually the type of person who scoffs at people who say "this band sucks". Music is entirely subjective and I hate it when music snobs judge someone else because of their taste in music, truly making them look like an egomaniacle *******. The same thing goes for movie, sports and political snobs (there are few of you here, some of you are all 3 :lol: ).

I 100% agree with you. I am open to the idea that all types of music can mean many different things to many people and I hate it when people put down other people's tastes and opinions. Nickelback is the one and only exception to that. How anyone could like them is beyond me. I hate being judgemental but I just can't help it when it comes to Nickelback.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is that Nickelback's existence makes me a worse person.
Jimmy Straka

Postby Skeletons of Quinto on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:22 pm

I understand what you're saying, but this started because someone else (quite snobbily, I might add) corrected someone's spelling. How dare you misspell Nickelback? Who cares? They suck anyway.

There's a difference between someone saying "I like Nickelback" and then a bunch of people jumping all over them vs. someone poking fun at a band they don't like, only to be corrected/put down/whatever by a fan of that band. It's ok for people to express opinions. If you're going to take the initiative to come to Nickelback's defense while putting someone else down with a smartalek comment, then be prepared to be made fun of for actually caring about Nickelback.

I just wish people would lighten up. Are you in Nickelback? No? Then don't be so damn defensive.

I should add that this really isn't directed at you, Kicksave, and I apologize if this comes off more harshly than I intend.
Skeletons of Quinto
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:27 pm

It bothers me to no end when people criticize others' taste in music. Its most noticable in people that play in a band. Especially guitarists. Suddenly if the guitarist in a band isn't technically skilled, the band sucks. Or a band like green day that uses a few chords suddenly sucks because they aren't diverse in what they play in a given song. Wow does it annoy me.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:29 pm

Skeletons of Quinto wrote:

I understand what you're saying, but this started because someone else (quite snobbily, I might add) corrected someone's spelling. How dare you misspell Nickelback? Who cares? They suck anyway.

There's a difference between someone saying "I like Nickelback" and then a bunch of people jumping all over them vs. someone poking fun at a band they don't like, only to be corrected/put down/whatever by a fan of that band. It's ok for people to express opinions. If you're going to take the initiative to come to Nickelback's defense while putting someone else down with a smartalek comment, then be prepared to be made fun of for actually caring about Nickelback..

Also...this.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Skeletons of Quinto on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:59 pm

I deleted this post to avoid any further hijacking of this wonderful thread (maybe one of my all time favorites on this board). Check the NHR board for discussion of music snobs and criticism of music snobs.
Skeletons of Quinto
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Pitts on Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:15 pm

Skeletons of Quinto wrote:this wonderful thread (maybe one of my all time favorites on this board).

It is such a beautiful, joyous thread - is it not?

Long live the Hossa!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby joopen on Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:19 pm

the link for creating these is now one of my favorite web sites of all time.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby beerman on Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:38 pm

Samsdog wrote:Image

winner
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Kicksave on Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:54 pm

tombarrassorules wrote:
It bothers me to no end when people criticize others' taste in music. Its most noticable in people that play in a band. Especially guitarists. Suddenly if the guitarist in a band isn't technically skilled, the band sucks. Or a band like green day that uses a few chords suddenly sucks because they aren't diverse in what they play in a given song. Wow does it annoy me.

thats because theres good music, regardless of your tastes, and bad music regardless of your tastes. there are bands that are good. and bands that suck. nickelback sucks. in fact when i read in the media guide that crosby's favorite band was nickelback i was pretty much over him.

bad bands: nickelback, 3 doors down, 3 days grace, trapt, taproot, etc. they're all garbage with garbage singers that sound like they're constipated. seriously, take some metamusil chad kroger. or worse than him is scott stapp or whatever from creed. that guy hasnt taken a dump in years.

good bands: mmj

:roll: who is mmj?
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:54 pm

tombarrassorules wrote:

thats because theres good music, regardless of your tastes, and bad music regardless of your tastes. there are bands that are good. and bands that suck. nickelback sucks. in fact when i read in the media guide that crosby's favorite band was nickelback i was pretty much over him.

bad bands: nickelback, 3 doors down, 3 days grace, trapt, taproot, etc. they're all garbage with garbage singers that sound like they're constipated. seriously, take some metamusil chad kroger. or worse than him is scott stapp or whatever from creed. that guy hasnt taken a dump in years.

I don't like any of those bands either, but that doesn't mean they suck. When someone has an opinion like yours its hard to respect any of their opinions on whatever subject is being discussed.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby cma3585 on Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:22 am

tombarrassorules wrote:

Go check out the Music Snobs thread in NHR and get back to me there.
cma3585
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby beerman on Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:27 am

tombarrassorules wrote:

Im pretty sure this is what everybody meant when they said they hate music snobs. Seriously you might think a band sucks but that doesn't mean they do.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby bhaw on Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:28 am

psst... go to the NHR section.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby IcePack on Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:35 am

IcePack
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'