Leonsis needs some cheese to go with.......

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Leonsis needs some cheese to go with.......

Postby imau2fan on Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:45 pm

http://www.tedstake.com/?p=2310

Another 30 years of beating the Caps. Priceless.
imau2fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bhaw on Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:10 pm

This is old, but you have to appreciate the begs to prevent Pens fans from buying tickets to the regular season games.

Yes Ted, PLEASE don't let Pens fans fill up the arena. It's much better to have 10,000 Caps fans with empty seats (and an emptier wallet for you).

Does it suck for opposing teams' fans? Yes
Would I be mad if I were blocked from seeing a game somewhere because of my ZIP code? Yes
Am I glad they did it? Yes
If I were an NHL owner, would I have backed off a policy because some attorney threatened me without consulting my legal team? No
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby doublewinder on Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:15 am

First...didn't the Pens block ticket sales to ALL people from outside the area...to prevent scalping...not just Detroit?

Second...Ted is the most annoying, poor sport owner in hockey.
He cried in the paper when the Caps didn't sell out in the playoffs in the early part of this decade....only to then block Pens from buying tickets...then was trying to arrange assigned seating for the games against the Pens this year.

He doesn't announce the road team...he just calls them the opposing team.
He then went on a phone dash begging Caps fans to buy tickets to block out Flyer fans this year...and then called schools to get them to wear red...only to then brag about how great the fanbase was.

He is such a loudmouth tool....he cries...then rigs the system...then brags about hos great his non fanbase is.
Oh..and he also openly bashes Crosby on his blog...and regularly takes public cheap shots at the Pens.

HOW can you guys hate the Rangers more than the Caps?
HOW?
doublewinder
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Jim on Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:30 am

I actually do not understand why the blocking was done anyway. There were only about 2000 tickets available so what was the point?
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Ron` on Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:37 am

Jim wrote:I actually do not understand why the blocking was done anyway. There were only about 2000 tickets available so what was the point?
Publicity, purely a stunt.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby LdubsRoot23 on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:17 am

Ted conveniently ignores that even when the Caps are good, they still don't sell plenty of those seats.

The reason they stopped doing it was they knew they'd have quite a few unused seats if they relied on the Caps "fan base" to fill the arena. The Pens haven't had the same issues selling playoff tickets.
LdubsRoot23
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins