Ek at it again

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby Kicksave on Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:57 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
bakeman81 wrote:I'm starting to think that Eklund includes the Penguins in just about every rumor that he makes up because he knows that Penguins fans will at least discuss it and thus give him even more publicity.

Yeah, he probably does that specifically for penguins fans, I'm sure the markets in Canada with more people who care more about hockey don't talk about rumors nearly as much as penguins fans...

That is the thing. People in Canada don't need the prompting. People in Pittsburgh, although are probably a step back behind the Canadian markets and some US cities like Minny, still will eat hockey up - if you make it relevant to them. Throw them a crumb to keep them on their toes in the off-season. I'm not saying he does do it, just that I can see him doing it. He's a slimeball like that.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bakeman81 on Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:59 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
bakeman81 wrote:I'm starting to think that Eklund includes the Penguins in just about every rumor that he makes up because he knows that Penguins fans will at least discuss it and thus give him even more publicity.

Yeah, he probably does that specifically for penguins fans, I'm sure the markets in Canada with more people who care more about hockey don't talk about rumors nearly as much as penguins fans...

I would assume that since you know how to use sarcasm you would be able to recognize it in a post.
bakeman81

Postby canaan on Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:15 pm

Rocco wrote:Here's a question- we all agree Eklund has less credibility than Kovy27 has worthwhile posts, right?

i think it's safe to say that i disagree with this statement.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:28 pm

Kicksave wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:

That is the thing. People in Canada don't need the prompting. People in Pittsburgh, although are probably a step back behind the Canadian markets and some US cities like Minny, still will eat hockey up - if you make it relevant to them. Throw them a crumb to keep them on their toes in the off-season. I'm not saying he does do it, just that I can see him doing it. He's a slimeball like that.

Everyone does the same thing. Look at Washington, all 12 people on their message boards do the same thing when there is a rumor, or when they decide to make one up.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby scals37 on Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:40 pm

buzz turd
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins