WORST Pens game you've ever been to.

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

My personal worst....

Postby Max Power on Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:12 pm

Islanders come back in Playoffs as Penguins crumble before my eyes. Yes I WAS there. Heck tickets were easy to come by even for Playoffs. Such was hockey back in the day.

Q: What year was that now? It was Pre Mario after all. That series with the Islanders was it before the downward spiral into the Mario Sweepstakes.

A: It was 1982 as the Pens had their hearts ripped out by John Tonelli in over time.

No let down has ever equaled that one, bar none.

I can not believe that no one else has even mentioned this one - as I read back through the entire thread. Maybe I'm just too old?
Max Power
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Why So Serious? on Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:07 pm

JS© wrote:
tombarrassorules wrote:the night the pens brought back the logo they have now (it was their third jerseys then). they lost 9-0 to the devils. the devils. this was like 2000. the devils scored 9 goals. the new jersey devils.

I remembe that game. Two four-goals nights by the Devils.

Was it John Madden and Randy McKay?

I was also at that game. Horrendous. It was John Madden and Randy McKay who had 4 goals each. And don't ask me how I remember this, becuse I am ashamed that I do, Turner friggin Stevenson had the other goal for NJ in a 9-0 rout.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Easy---San Jose game this past year

Postby LOUANGOTTI on Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:18 am

absolute torture......not to mention the game was late starting because the Zamboni was leaking oil.........I hate Sunday afternoon games....that's my nap time.....that's why I miss a lot of Steeler games.
LOUANGOTTI
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins