Pre sale passwords DC/Columbus related

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby gregorybritt on Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:41 am

Thanks a million! Just grabbed mine.
gregorybritt

Postby righton on Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:58 am

DelPen wrote:
jasonpens wrote:Guess we missed this password for Columbus. Any late word?

Someone just told me it was HITCH

Awesome,, thanks,,

got 4 lower level, pens shoot twice,, $50 each......Brilliant!!
righton
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby npv708 on Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:00 pm

i absolutely hate the fact that i'll have class that day... there's still tickets, too. :cry:
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby letsgopens87 on Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:27 pm

Awesome! Just bought 2.
letsgopens87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ushockeyteam1980 on Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:05 pm

Bought two in the upper bowl cheap seats, which are actually quite good. I've sat there before
ushockeyteam1980

Postby the errey i breathe on Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:15 pm

any word on DC presale?
the errey i breathe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby doublewinder on Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:43 pm

beLIEve wrote:
righton wrote:the arena's great, the fans lack knowledge about the game so prepare yourself for people around you yelling "run", "run",,, instead of skate, skate.

you can get lower bowl tickets on the cheap if you wait out your time.

Not much different from here with fans always yelling "shoot!" with defenders laying down in the shooting lane...

Wait...I thought Pittsburgh had pretty knowledgable fans...I didn't think we were like Cap fans.

I also thought Columbus was a good hockeytown...I thought Ohio, the midwest, supported and knew hockey?

You want to talk about dumb fans and AWFUL broadcasters...listen to the Caps.
Have you heard him...it sounds more like a Mega Demolition Derby than a Hockey Game...they go as far as to announce "One Minute Left" on the power play...because their fans wouldn't be able to follow the game without cue.
doublewinder
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby doublewinder on Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:44 pm

the errey i breathe wrote:any word on DC presale?

Any word on a DC Pens road trip?
doublewinder
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Malkin0017 on Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:43 am

doublewinder wrote:
the errey i breathe wrote:any word on DC presale?

Any word on a DC Pens road trip?

I have a group of 14 people going to the game on February 22nd.
Malkin0017
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Firebird on Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:05 pm

nm
Firebird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Pre sale passwords DC/Columbus related

Postby Guido on Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:14 am

Does anyone know if section 117 is where the Pens shoot twice? I would assume this section is not limited view or anything either, right?
Guido
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby WhoDaresWins on Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:34 am

Guido wrote:Does anyone know if section 117 is where the Pens shoot twice? I would assume this section is not limited view or anything either, right?

I've got no idea about the limited view, but according to this seating chart on the Blue Jackets site, 117 is where the Pens would be shooting twice. You have to squint to see it (or maybe that's just me)...the print is pretty small. I just noticed it has one of the 'view from your section' features. Click on the section and you'll get a pretty good idea of what you'll be seeing.

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/tickets/seasonchart.htm
WhoDaresWins
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Columbus Penguins on Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:42 am

Guido wrote:Does anyone know if section 117 is where the Pens shoot twice? I would assume this section is not limited view or anything either, right?

No limited view seats that I know of in Nationwide arena. It is one of the best arena's in hockey, been there for quite a few games over the years. Too bad its wasted on a Columbus team that has yet to make the playoffs. I'll be in section 116.
Columbus Penguins

Postby Big Fan Big Fan on Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:17 pm

We have six tix in sect. 228. Hope to meet some of you at the game.
Big Fan Big Fan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby righton on Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:44 pm

We're in 117 as well, we have seats 1-4 in one of the rows, don't have it handy at the moment.
righton
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby pinboy87 on Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:53 am

I got mine... 117
Looks like we'll all be around the same section
pinboy87
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby caramia on Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:21 am

My tickets are in section 116. Looks like we'll have a good Pens cheering section.
caramia
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby jasonpens on Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:32 pm

caramia wrote:My tickets are in section 116. Looks like we'll have a good Pens cheering section.

My tickets are int 214. The Pens shoot once at this end, so hopefully they'll pot 4-5 goals in the second period! Sounds like they'll be a great Pens contingent at the game.

BTW -- Anybody have any suggestions for restaurants, hotels, etc? I'll be going with three other people early Thursday morning and staying the night of the game. What are some good places to check out in Columbus during the day?
jasonpens
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby cs6687 on Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:38 pm

Just got two in section 224. I'm on spring break that week, so hopefully I can get tickets to the Capitals game in DC four days before the Columbus game in March.
cs6687
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Va Beach Pens Fan on Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:09 pm

Hey all,
Just got a call from the Caps ticket office (I'm on their list 'cause I live in VA and have bought tix there before)...

The woman I talked to advised me, once I told her I'd be interested in either of the two Penguins games, that individual tickets for both Penguins games in DC will NOT be available..... She also mentioned that it also applies to the home opener vs. Chicago and the Detroit game...

The only way (other than Ebay/Stubhub) to get those games in DC is to purchase at least a six-pack of games, which include the old Patrick Division teams, and some other packages....

By the way, if there are any fans out there that ARE considering purchasing one of those six-pack ticket packages, please contact me via email at theconfluence@cox.net. I’d like to discuss that with you, thanks.

Just letting everyone know, certainly makes things more challenging for those of us wanting to head to DC and dominate the Verizon Center again....
Va Beach Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Crusher524 on Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:14 pm

I just got 2 tickets for the Columbus game

Go Pens!!!
Last edited by Crusher524 on Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crusher524

Postby righton on Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:05 pm

Crusher524 wrote:I just got 2 tickets for the Columbus game in section 101 row GG .

Go Pens!!!

you may want to edit your post to look like this ^^^^^ to protect your privacy, there is a lot of fraud out there.. look at any ticket site, seat numbers should never be disclosed...

for instance,, if anyone on here knew who you are. they could call ticketmaster and say that you lost the tickets, and your order number, but you have a name and exact seat locations.. Ticketmaster could void the initial order and issue new tickets to them, which they'll probably sell to someone else. When you arrive at the gate in Columbus, guess what? your tickets don't work!

tryin to help is all..
righton
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby doublewinder on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:36 am

Va Beach Pens Fan wrote:Hey all,
Just got a call from the Caps ticket office (I'm on their list 'cause I live in VA and have bought tix there before)...

The woman I talked to advised me, once I told her I'd be interested in either of the two Penguins games, that individual tickets for both Penguins games in DC will NOT be available..... She also mentioned that it also applies to the home opener vs. Chicago and the Detroit game...

The only way (other than Ebay/Stubhub) to get those games in DC is to purchase at least a six-pack of games, which include the old Patrick Division teams, and some other packages....

By the way, if there are any fans out there that ARE considering purchasing one of those six-pack ticket packages, please contact me via email at theconfluence@cox.net. I’d like to discuss that with you, thanks.

Just letting everyone know, certainly makes things more challenging for those of us wanting to head to DC and dominate the Verizon Center again....

Are you serious?
Are you serious?

That is COMPLETLY absurd.
I can see doing that in football, but for TWO hockey games in the regular season?
What a jagoff their owner is.

I really hope this does not decrease the amount of PIT fans there.
Do you guys think this is going to have an adverse effect or will we still be there in major force?
doublewinder
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Va Beach Pens Fan on Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:44 am

It's inevitable that there will be many Pens fans there, but I highly doubt that it'll be the 40-50% showing that there was at the last game there....

Also, the woman told me their season and partial ticket plan purchases have increased, so there'll be less available tickets right off the bat....

Here was the update I posted later that night....

UPDATE 7:49pm: Glancing at the Caps’ ticket plans, actually none of their six-pack packages offer BOTH Penguins games. The “Old Patrick Pack” offers the March 8th Pens game, while the “Rivals Pack” offers the Feb. 22nd Pens game. The other two six-pack packages do not offer either Penguins games. So if you want to see both Penguins game there, you either must purchase both of those six-pack packages, or bump up to a higher package.
Va Beach Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby manicmonday18 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:57 am

II've been trying all weekend to get tickets to the Columbus game in the upper level on the side the Pens shoot twice and I was offered the same set of seats (in 214) for 5 days in a row....finally today I got them on the opposite side! Here's to hoping I can actually go to the game and don't have a late class on Thursdays next semester or a test the next day!
manicmonday18
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins