Pens Jersey Question

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Pens Jersey Question

Postby pghteams on Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:01 pm

We know the Pens are going with the blue third jersey, but are they going to update the hideous "1st" and "2nd" jerseys?
pghteams

Postby demondg1 on Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:33 pm

The Pittsburgh 250 patch will no longer be on the right shoulder.

League rules mandate that a team can not change their primary home and away jerseys for 2 years once they are official.

They couldn't change them if they wanted to until next season. But I wouldn't be too surprised if they stuck around and were replace with a new set once they move into the new building.

Even the horrible Islanders fisherman jersey needed to be used for 2 years before they could get rid of it. However they skirted the system and put their traditional Long Island logo on the front of their hideous wave jerseys for the second half of that second year.

The reasoning for the 2 year rule is to keep teams from constantly changing jersey and gouging the fans.
demondg1
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Loaf31 on Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:34 pm

I am one of the VERY few people who actually liked the Fisherman jersey
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Pens Jersey Question

Postby Angle on Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:35 pm

pghteams wrote:We know the Pens are going with the blue third jersey, but are they going to update the hideous "1st" and "2nd" jerseys?

Are they really THAT bad?
Angle
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Pens Jersey Question

Postby pghteams on Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:42 pm

Angle wrote:
pghteams wrote:We know the Pens are going with the blue third jersey, but are they going to update the hideous "1st" and "2nd" jerseys?

Are they really THAT bad?

Yes. They showed no imagination. They should have just stuck with the previous jersey.
pghteams

Postby pghteams on Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:42 pm

demondg1 wrote:The Pittsburgh 250 patch will no longer be on the right shoulder.

League rules mandate that a team can not change their primary home and away jerseys for 2 years once they are official.

They couldn't change them if they wanted to until next season. But I wouldn't be too surprised if they stuck around and were replace with a new set once they move into the new building.

Even the horrible Islanders fisherman jersey needed to be used for 2 years before they could get rid of it. However they skirted the system and put their traditional Long Island logo on the front of their hideous wave jerseys for the second half of that second year.

The reasoning for the 2 year rule is to keep teams from constantly changing jersey and gouging the fans.

Thanks for the knowledge!
pghteams

Postby tjand72 on Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:06 pm

Loaf31 wrote:I am one of the VERY few people who actually liked the Fisherman jersey

I was also a fan.
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins