Christensen Comparison

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Christensen Comparison

Postby Why So Serious? on Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:25 pm

PenguinHockeyFanatic wrote:
Why So Serious? wrote:
malkins-shoulder wrote:Many people are saying that J Pesonen is a hit or miss signing. Meaning either forty goal scorer

:lol:

In one season or 4 seasons?

I still don't understand why you are all over this kid. You haven't even seen him play an NHL game yet and you are just reeling off criticism on him. Give the guy a chance and see what he can do before hurling off ridiculous remarks about someone who hasn't even stepped on NHL ice. It just sounds to me that you are rooting against Pesonen more than hoping he can crack the opening day lineup. I, for one, will be rooting for him all the way. I want to see a nice NHL story forming in Janne Pesonen. A guy whose been given an opportunity to play in the NHL and exceeding all expectations would make for a great story in the NHL this season.

Has Sidney Crosby ever scored 40 goals in a season? Nope. It just makes me laugh at the hype this man (26 is not a kid anymore) is getting. It makes ZERO sense to even pretend that 40 goals is possible.

Your criticism of Pesonen goes beyond the statement that he's a 40 goal scorer or bust. You have criticized him at every opportunity you can. Anytime his name is brought up, you find some uncreative witty way to shoot him down. I never said he is going to score 40 goals, but it's also not far out of the realm of possibliites that the guy can put up reasonable numbers, such as 20-25 goals. And if that can happen, it could really help the team offensively. One thing you, in particular, have to understand, is that Janne Pesonen is a low risk high reward signing. If he doesn't impress in camp and preseason, hes going back to Finland. And if he does impress in camp and preseason, he could potentially see reaosnable playing time along Sid or Geno. And any extra offensive punch is good and if he can give us a reasonable season with reasonable numbers, you will be the first one to praise him. I'm hoping for nothing but the best for Pesonen and I really really do hope he finds a way to crack the lineup. And even comparing him to Sid at this point is absolutely nonsensical and ridiculous. That comparison is even more absurd than some of the crazy things that you think other people are saying about Pesonen.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby bhaw on Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:30 pm

Why So Serious? wrote:
Why So Serious? wrote:
malkins-shoulder wrote:Many people are saying that J Pesonen is a hit or miss signing. Meaning either forty goal scorer

I still don't understand why you are all over this kid. You haven't even seen him play an NHL game yet and you are just reeling off criticism on him. Give the guy a chance and see what he can do before hurling off ridiculous remarks about someone who hasn't even stepped on NHL ice. It just sounds to me that you are rooting against Pesonen more than hoping he can crack the opening day lineup. I, for one, will be rooting for him all the way. I want to see a nice NHL story forming in Janne Pesonen. A guy whose been given an opportunity to play in the NHL and exceeding all expectations would make for a great story in the NHL this season.

Has Sidney Crosby ever scored 40 goals in a season? Nope. It just makes me laugh at the hype this man (26 is not a kid anymore) is getting. It makes ZERO sense to even pretend that 40 goals is possible.

Your criticism of Pesonen goes beyond the statement that he's a 40 goal scorer or bust. You have criticized him at every opportunity you can. Anytime his name is brought up, you find some uncreative witty way to shoot him down. I never said he is going to score 40 goals, but it's also not far out of the realm of possibliites that the guy can put up reasonable numbers, such as 20-25 goals. And if that can happen, it could really help the team offensively. One thing you, in particular, have to understand, is that Janne Pesonen is a low risk high reward signing. If he doesn't impress in camp and preseason, hes going back to Finland. And if he does impress in camp and preseason, he could potentially see reaosnable playing time along Sid or Geno. And any extra offensive punch is good and if he can give us a reasonable season with reasonable numbers, you will be the first one to praise him. I'm hoping for nothing but the best for Pesonen and I really really do hope he finds a way to crack the lineup.

don't worry... he likes to accuse people of reading comprehension issues then fails to read himself. See, had he read, he would not have accused you of claiming Pesonen will score 40 goals. But instead, he prefers to rip people's opinions down because he is all knowing being that he looks really hard at the stats on NHL.com.

As I said before... everyone is shooting from the hip on Pesonen. Unless you were in Finland watching the guy, no one has any more info than anyone else on the guy. Even the real analysts don't know anything about him. For anyone to claim they have superior knowledge about him is crazy. You are hoping he will be a contributor, as most of us are.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Why So Serious? on Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:31 pm

bhaw wrote:
Why So Serious? wrote:
Why So Serious? wrote:

Your criticism of Pesonen goes beyond the statement that he's a 40 goal scorer or bust. You have criticized him at every opportunity you can. Anytime his name is brought up, you find some uncreative witty way to shoot him down. I never said he is going to score 40 goals, but it's also not far out of the realm of possibliites that the guy can put up reasonable numbers, such as 20-25 goals. And if that can happen, it could really help the team offensively. One thing you, in particular, have to understand, is that Janne Pesonen is a low risk high reward signing. If he doesn't impress in camp and preseason, hes going back to Finland. And if he does impress in camp and preseason, he could potentially see reaosnable playing time along Sid or Geno. And any extra offensive punch is good and if he can give us a reasonable season with reasonable numbers, you will be the first one to praise him. I'm hoping for nothing but the best for Pesonen and I really really do hope he finds a way to crack the lineup.

don't worry... he likes to accuse people of reading comprehension issues then fails to read himself. See, had he read, he would not have accused you of claiming Pesonen will score 40 goals. But instead, he prefers to rip people's opinions down because he is all knowing being that he looks really hard at the stats on NHL.com.

As I said before... everyone is shooting from the hip on Pesonen. Unless you were in Finland watching the guy, no one has any more info than anyone else on the guy. Even the real analysts don't know anything about him. For anyone to claim they have superior knowledge about him is crazy. You are hoping he will be a contributor, as most of us are.

The way Penguinhockeyfanatic talks about him, you would think he was Janne Pesonen's dad.
Why So Serious?
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:42 pm

Why So Serious? wrote:
bhaw wrote:
Why So Serious? wrote:
Why So Serious? wrote:

The way Penguinhockeyfanatic talks about him, you would think he was Janne Pesonen's dad.

And that he resents the fact that his son isn't a failure.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:43 pm

bhaw wrote:don't worry... he likes to accuse people of reading comprehension issues then fails to read himself.

which is why i really believe he intended his old screen name to be "Soccermom", but he screwed up the spelling.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins