gate price for 2008 - 2009 season

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: gate price for 2008 - 2009 season

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:59 pm

Daniel87 wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:
Daniel87 wrote:Who'd want to sit in C? Pay that much what's 10 more dollars for A. I think I'm going to be sitting up in F on the games I attend this year.

I actually like C the best of any section ($$ not considered). It is a better viewpoint than A or B, because of the slightly higher elevation. Better sight lines in most sections. Of course, dead center in B is great, but that is only 2 sections in that whole price level. A is too close to be good. You miss too many sections of the ice.

I've heard many people tell me that before, but I personally don't get it. I like getting a front row seat, right in the action.

I've been offered seats down behind the penalty box several times and always turn them down. Between the bluelines in C are the best seats, then after that the same sections in D. 23, 24, 25, and i believe 7, 8, 9. 23 and 9 are my personal preferences. I sit in D23.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PenguinSteve-o on Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:00 pm

its a business people. calling it greed is dumb because every company including the place you work at right now could be called greedy. maximize profits. the pens can raise tickets $10 more and still sell out every game then they will do so. they cant make huge jumps in price without having alot of people complain. so my guess is that prices will go up next year as well. not to mention inflation either.
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby The Snapshot on Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:08 pm

Daniel87 wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:
Daniel87 wrote:Who'd want to sit in C? Pay that much what's 10 more dollars for A. I think I'm going to be sitting up in F on the games I attend this year.

I actually like C the best of any section ($$ not considered). It is a better viewpoint than A or B, because of the slightly higher elevation. Better sight lines in most sections. Of course, dead center in B is great, but that is only 2 sections in that whole price level. A is too close to be good. You miss too many sections of the ice.

I've heard many people tell me that before, but I personally don't get it. I like getting a front row seat, right in the action.

Well, I guess it's a matter of how you watch Hockey. I watch it like a coach would, meaning I want to see the entire sheet as plays develop. I've sat in just about every area of our arena, and been in about 20 NHL rinks, and I find that a little elevation let's me enjoy the whole thing. When I sit against the glass or even the first 15 or so rows, I miss everything but the play that happens right in my zone.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby sdm5055 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:14 am

The Snapshot wrote:
Admin wrote:Skittles rock.

An extremely solid Candy option for all weather conditions.

sometimes if you hold to many and your hands sweat your palm becomes the color of the rainbow
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby The Snapshot on Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:56 am

sdm5055 wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:
Admin wrote:Skittles rock.

An extremely solid Candy option for all weather conditions.

sometimes if you hold to many and your hands sweat your palm becomes the color of the rainbow

Yes, it is beautiful.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby RedLightDistrict on Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:48 pm

righton wrote:I still have ticket stubs from like 1990 when F was $19. I could call almost anytime and get F17 Row A cause nobody wanted to sit "all the way up there"... Best seats in the house...

I don't think there was an F in 1990. They added that before 92-93, I think.
RedLightDistrict

Re:

Postby newarenanow on Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:06 pm

holeinone wrote:The whole sport is headed in that direction and it doesn't have to. Everything is out of wack and greed rules on both sides both ownership and players association. Like I said freeze the prices or some day you will be paying $100 per seat in the last seat in the building. Players make enough money and most owners are also making money. Why squeeze tighter and tighter every year. There is no reason any player should make $10 million per year in any sport. It is just insane. Stop the insanity.

As long as people keep paying, they'll keep charging that, and paying players that.

Don't blame the league, blame the fans who pay it.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:08 pm

Daniel87 wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:

I've sat two rows back in the Igloo club, and although it was neat when the action was right in front of you, I'd take C tickets, or E front row for that matter any time over along the glass tickets.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins