Brooks Orpik thinks you are dumb

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Brooks Orpik thinks you are dumb

Postby Eismann on Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:44 am

wallflower wrote:The reason there is no way Hossa signs with the Pens next offseason has nothing to do with burned bridges or booing fans but everything to do with the fact that there just isn't room for him financially.

And that he's a tard-bake.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby littlemoonboot on Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:14 pm

Or as they say in England, bakewell tard?
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pitts on Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:52 pm

wallflower wrote:The reason there is no way Hossa signs with the Pens next offseason has nothing to do with burned bridges or booing fans but everything to do with the fact that there just isn't room for him financially.

Besides that, Satan is going to have a MONSTER season and will re-sign here on the cheap!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Bob McKenzie on Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:26 pm

Nizzy wrote:
cs6687 wrote:Assuming the Wings don't win the Cup - or the Pens, for that matter, because they will have proven they don't need him to win it - does anyone think that Hossa would come back here next summer long-term, or is the bridge burned between him and the Pens?

0% Chance, and thats not because of a dislike for Hossa, I just believe it's not possible now financial wise. The Pens have absolutely no cap room for someone else to command more then 6-7 Million per season. Jordan is going to get a good 3-4, then we need to plug in the holes for the next 5-6 with Sykoras/Fedotenkos around 1.5-2Million dollar contracts. So I mean to answer your question, I don't think it matters if the bridge is burned out or not with him and the Penguins, however his chance of signing with us is over.

Based off of what Pominville got, and how the salaries keep rising, expect Staal to get 5 years 25+ million.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: "I swear I will sign the contract, Mario." *fingers crossed*

Postby Bob McKenzie on Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:31 pm

Agreed. The more I think about it, unless Caputi turns into a 1st liner with some scoring capability this year, the Pens are going to have to move either Gonchar or Whitney to get the winger that Shero wants for Crosby.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: "I swear I will sign the contract, Mario." *fingers crossed*

Postby jay_caufield on Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:56 am

good lord people, its booing, its not like your slinging racial epitaphs at people, these guys need to get over it.
jay_caufield

Postby Ron` on Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:07 pm

Same old LGP.com.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pensfan20 on Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:43 am

I love how everyone is fighting over who to boo and who not to boo. But then at last nights game during the shootout, half the arena boo'd Stamkos. I laughed, i know why people were booing. But trying to throw someone off their game during a preseason game that means nothing is just silly. On the positive, it was nice to hear everyone chant let's go Pens during the warm up!
pensfan20
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins