Harrisburg Pens Fans

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Harrisburg Pens Fans

Postby adambpsu on Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:05 pm

Hey guys,

I just moved to the Harrisburg area and I have service with Comcast. Does anyone in the greater Harrisburg know any info on NHL Center Ice and getting the Pens games. I am under the preliminary impression that because Pittsburgh is in the Harrisburg broadcast area, the Pens games will be blacked out on Center Ice. Is my only option to get a dish for the Pens games?

Thanks in advance folks!

Adam
adambpsu
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Harrisburg Pens Fans

Postby bruthrluv on Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:44 pm

My brother lives in Lancaster and had Comcast. They told him the games would be blacked out because its considered Pitt viewing area which makes no sense really but he had the same dilemma last year and switched to Direct.
bruthrluv
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby spi on Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:26 pm

My dad lives in H burg and can NOT get the pens on center ice. Basically center ice considers the pens to be within FSN territory so Comcast should carry it. Unfortunately about 2 years ago they stopped carrying FSN.

Comcast is the culprit here but they could care less. My dad called them a lot to try and get it back but they pretty much said no dice.
spi
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby adambpsu on Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:01 pm

Well this sucks. Oh well, I guess you guys just confirmed by suspicions. Unfortunately, satellite is almost out of the question for me since I live at an apartment complex (restricted in my lease unfortunately).

Thanks for the info everyone.

Adam
adambpsu
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby AricM on Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:16 am

I live in Harrisburg and have Directv. I've never had a blackout issue with a Pens game. Plus with Center Ice on Directv more and more game are in HD! I can't wait to see FSN Pittsburgh's HD schedule for this year. I don't believe comcast can offer anything other than Comcast Sportsnet and NHL Network in HD.

If you can't get satellite your best bet is Center Ice Online.
AricM
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby ShipHockey7 on Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:29 pm

I think I'll be getting the Center Ice online, I have comcast as well and I think I'll be blacked out too...those jerks
ShipHockey7
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins