Camp 2008, Session 2 Report, Pics are up

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Camp 2008, Session 2 Report is Up

Postby cojac on Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:25 pm

Good job netwolf, thank you.
cojac
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Camp 2008, Session 2 Report is Up

Postby WWGRD on Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:39 pm

Great job again netwolf
WWGRD
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Camp 2008, Session 2 Report, Pics are up

Postby Tico Rick on Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:08 pm

Thanks netwolf, much appreciated.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Admin on Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:17 pm

Thanks, as always!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby awsumpens on Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:20 pm

Hey netwolf, where were you sitting? It apears the angle of your pics and the one I took are close.
awsumpens
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby demangone on Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:41 pm

demangone
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby OneTimer on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:44 pm

I was at practice today, too, and I don't have much to add to what netwolf and Jesse already covered.

Bissonnette did most of the drills in the Black team practice as a defensemen, I think just because of the amount of forwards and defensemen (16 and 7 -> 15 and 8).

Engelland was misspelled on the team handout for the second day in a row (jersey says Engelland, handout says Engellend).

Pesonen wasn't as much of a standout today, but it looks like he is compensating for no gold helmet with shiny silver sticks.

Sydor needed a tons of water towards the end of the day. I do not know if that is normal for him or if it was just for today. He and Goligoski seem to make an effort to get open for point shots during the scrimage, but no one found them as much as they should have.

Beech seemed to shoot really well in practice and led his group in their cool-down stretches.

Kennedy is being plenty assertive in the camp. He led his group in their stretches. He is shooting a lot in drills when most would be tempted to make one more pass. During the scrimmage, he kept taking extra long shifts.

Thomas sort of got screwed over a little because his line would always be after Kennedy's, and he kept needing to wait for Kennedy to get to the bench. Thomas' line had a really great shift in the third period of the scrimmage. They produced three good shots, two requiring the goalie to hold them for faceoffs.

I have come around on Richmond. That pinch leading to Lovejoy's goal was great. I think if the Pens need to dig deep enough to use him in the NHL if there are injuries, I don't think it would be a bad thing.
OneTimer
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby netwolf on Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:38 pm

awsumpens wrote:Hey netwolf, where were you sitting? It apears the angle of your pics and the one I took are close.

For the first practice and the scrimmage I was in the row right behind the box seats above the entrance to the Igloo section where most people come in. For the second practice, I was standing near the other entrance to the Igloo section.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby wallflower on Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:43 pm

I just finished reading & going through the photos - excellent stuff as always.

But I have a [silly?] question. Do the players change jerseys after the scrimmage game? Because Gonchar was on the white team but in one of the later pictures he's wearing a black jersey...
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Jesse on Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:47 pm

wallflower wrote:I just finished reading & going through the photos - excellent stuff as always.

But I have a [silly?] question. Do the players change jerseys after the scrimmage game? Because Gonchar was on the white team but in one of the later pictures he's wearing a black jersey...

Yeah, for the individual drill sessions, team black has half white half black. For the games, team black wears all black.

Makes it easier in the drills session if half the team is wearing another color.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby wallflower on Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:51 pm

Jesse wrote:
wallflower wrote:I just finished reading & going through the photos - excellent stuff as always.

Yeah, for the individual drill sessions, team black has half white half black. For the games, team black wears all black.

Makes it easier in the drills session if half the team is wearing another color.

Thank you. :D Completely makes sense and I figured it was something along those lines but not being able to be there ( :( ) I couldn't know for certain.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby awsumpens on Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:17 pm

netwolf wrote:
awsumpens wrote:Hey netwolf, where were you sitting? It apears the angle of your pics and the one I took are close.

For the first practice and the scrimmage I was in the row right behind the box seats above the entrance to the Igloo section where most people come in. For the second practice, I was standing near the other entrance to the Igloo section.

We were family sitting in the same row to your left. My youngest son was sitting a couple seats away from you. He said it looked like you were taking notes and I said I wonder if that's netwolf. I should have introduced myself.
awsumpens
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins