Anyone that has been at camp any of the days, which of the non-big-name guys impressed you, and which were less than impressive?
I went today, and have a few comments in that regard...
...first of all i don't get why stone and filewich would not be in the scrimmage,, aren't they in the mix for the final 2 spots
...i was very disappointed to see jeffrey wasn't in the scrimmage,, i have been looking forward to seeing him play
As for the guys that impressed me:
1. Caputi - this guy is the real deal. he had tons of shots on net, and his hard work resulted in a goal for lovejoy today. he is great on the puck and goes to the net like a wild man. i think he is closer to being with the big club than a lot of people think
2. Letestu - this guy was flying all over the ice. for a little guy, he really gets right in the mix of things. he has a ton of raw talent, and maybe some day he will get a shot at the show
3. Lovejoy - he played very solid on the back end. did great with and without the puck. chipped in a nice goal, but i would have still listed him here if he hadn't
4. Boogaard - he outperformed all of the other enforcers with about 20 hits out there. he actually skated well and looked like he belonged out there
5. Henrich - i think this guy is going to get called up this year. after looking at his numbers from last year, he really is a great depth signing. he is a big strong centerman who absolutely loves to go to the net.
6. Mormina - a big 6'6 defenseman, he played tough out there. he won every 1-on-1 battle and was knockin dudes around. i like him, and i definitely feel safe if we have to resort to having him with the team at any point
Now for the unimpressive:
1. Richmond - he looked pretty putrid in the scrimmage. he only stood out a few times, but in a bad way. his defensive skill is somewhat lacking.
2. Wallace - i think there were 4 times in the game where the white team turned the puck over because of poor puck support and wallace was the one who wasn't supporting the play each time. he looked terrible.
3. Godard - i honestly think this guy is a total joke. he was SO BAD out there especially in the practice. i hope he had a bad day, because if this is the real godard, i'd rather have boogaard in. this guy might play 2 shifts a game, and only in flyers games
4. Pesonen - he showed me nothing. he really didn't do any bad, but he provided no good either. looked pretty weak on the puck.
5. Engelland - everything Mormina did, this guy didn't do. This goes to show why he was never considered to be one of the "10 NHL defensemen"
6. Bissonnette - he looked out of position quite a lot, never once threw a body... once he took an extra long shift and stayed out with sykora and malkin, however he was nowhere to be found
Just my 2 cents worth on a few of the depth guys in the organization