Pens Ticket Exchange

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Pens Ticket Exchange

Postby saveourpens on Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:08 pm

Why are you not allowed to sell any of your tickets?

I waited 5 hours "in line" to be able to login to my account only to find out that " Due to Penguins policies, tickets for this event have been restricted from sale.", for every game. This bs better change soon.
saveourpens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Pens Ticket Exchange

Postby Jopaz on Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:18 pm

I had called the ticket office yesterday to ask this question. They told me that the Ticket Exchange would not be online until the first week of October.
Jopaz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby saveourpens on Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:16 pm

thanks for the info. yeah for real, I was depeding on the stupid ticket exchange for this month's payment!
saveourpens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby drtofu66 on Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:31 pm

I expected this. Last year the Penguins Ticket Exchange wasn't available until after the first home game. I'm guessing it's to make sure the pre-season games sell out but who knows...
drtofu66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby JeffTZ on Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:26 pm

FYI...I was told by my ticket rep today that Ticketexhange will be up when preseason home games are over..
JeffTZ
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MicP on Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:27 pm

JeffTZ wrote:FYI...I was told by my ticket rep today that Ticketexhange will be up when preseason home games are over..

Does your ticket rep have any other misinformation?
MicP
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JeffTZ on Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:05 pm

JeffTZ wrote:
FYI...I was told by my ticket rep today that Ticketexhange will be up when preseason home games are over..

Does your ticket rep have any other misinformation?

Yeah, she also told me Hossa was going to resign this year. No seriously, not sure what the deal is with the Ticketexchange. I would have expected they would have opened it up as soon as regular season tickets went on sale. So I guess Jopaz's info of first week of October seems more likely now. Sorry for the misinformation, but remember, don't kill the messenger.. but tasteless torture is acceptable.
JeffTZ
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JS© on Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:42 am

saveourpens wrote:thanks for the info. yeah for real, I was depeding on the stupid ticket exchange for this month's payment!

I guess you could always list those tickets on the LGP Ticket Exchange.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby beLIEve on Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:45 pm

This is an odd move by the Penguins front office.

I kind of understand the idea behind not opening the exchange up to specific games for which they still have tickets at the gate to sell. What I don't understand is not opening the exchange for games that they've already sold out.

For example: You know the first game home game is sold out. You know it is in high demand. You know that the longer you wait to open the exchange for this game, the more it drives people looking for tickets to other outlets (stub hub, ebay, etc.).

I would think it would be in their best intrest to get at least the first few sold out games open asap to bring in those ticketexchange fees instead of losing them to their competition.
beLIEve
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby JeffTZ on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:58 am

For those Ticketexchange shoppers.. might be opening today.. just checked this morning and system is temporarily unavailable.. so some sign of bring it up. What I am confused about is that I believe every other teams Ticketexchange is up and open for business.
JeffTZ
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MicP on Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:23 am

JeffTZ wrote:For those Ticketexchange shoppers.. might be opening today.. just checked this morning and system is temporarily unavailable.. so some sign of bring it up. What I am confused about is that I believe every other teams Ticketexchange is up and open for business.

Not sure if thats an indication or not. I've gotten that message several times over the last week. I'm not sure why the Pens are making it a mystery as to when the Ticketexchange will be operating.
MicP
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby beLIEve on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:24 pm

http://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/rpmowm

Something tells me the ticketexchange will magically be available as soon as this ends... Trying to keep demand high to sell these for as much as possible.
beLIEve
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby JeffTZ on Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:26 am

Yeah, I am getting tired of seeing this response. I asked again last week about this from the Pens offices and I was told late last week or the latest it would be up is early this week?!?! I am starting to wonder if this is coming down to dollars b/t the Pens/NHL/Ticketmaster
JeffTZ
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:27 am

JeffTZ wrote:Yeah, I am getting tired of seeing this response. I asked again last week about this from the Pens offices and I was told late last week or the latest it would be up is early this week?!?! I am starting to wonder if this is coming down to dollars b/t the Pens/NHL/Ticketmaster

It definitely is about the money. It is a business decision for them, and they want to maximize their profits.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JeffTZ on Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:37 am

JeffTZ wrote:
Yeah, I am getting tired of seeing this response. I asked again last week about this from the Pens offices and I was told late last week or the latest it would be up is early this week?!?! I am starting to wonder if this is coming down to dollars b/t the Pens/NHL/Ticketmaster

It definitely is about the money. It is a business decision for them, and they want to maximize their profits.

I definetly agree.. probably a safe assumption the Penguins generated the most activity for Ticketmaster/NHL for the Ticketexchange. What I don't understand is that when I asked about this like a month ago from my rep, her words to me is that last year the contracts were b/t each team and ticketmaster.. now it is supposedly the NHL w/ Ticketmaster. I looked the other day I think every other teams Ticket Exchange site is active.
JeffTZ
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JeffTZ on Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:05 am

Open for Business
JeffTZ
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:21 pm

Ewww I just listed tickets on there, I feel dirty. Especially since it will be the first home game i've missed since early in 05-06.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:31 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Ewww I just listed tickets on there, I feel dirty. Especially since it will be the first home game i've missed since early in 05-06.

You've been able to go to all 41 home games and the playoff home games since 05-06?

Wow. You da man. I can't logistically ever do that. To much crap going on .
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:36 pm

I really wanted to keep the streak alive, but thinking about it, you can pay for like 3 games if you sell your Toronto tickets, and I don't even really care if I see Toronto live or not.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby beLIEve on Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:53 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Ewww I just listed tickets on there, I feel dirty. Especially since it will be the first home game i've missed since early in 05-06.

There is no reason to feel dirty. No shame in it at all. Feel great that you are providing a service to those without tickets. Without you, whoever bought your tickets wouldn't be able to attend the game.
beLIEve
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins