D Cox doesn't like chances of pens repeating

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: D Cox doesn't like chances of pens repeating

Postby bhaw on Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:24 pm

Actually, most of our turnover will be on the top 2 lines this year. 3rd and 4th lines are pretty well set for the time being. Of the current bottom 6, Fedotenko is the only one I see leaving (out of current contracts or expected contracts after this year). Talbot will likely stay as will Kennedy. So what... we lose Taffe? I'm trembling! :lol:
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby KG on Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:29 pm

Rohit wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/This-whining-about-the-Penguins-cap-problems-ne?urn=nhl,109829

there is a good link in rebuttle to d cox. found it on a link in the empty netters blog. seems logical and well written to me

Good find...Makes perfect sense to me...As for this years playoff rental winger...Not many elite UFA wingers coming on the market....Tkachuk, Guerin will be available I'm sure...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby bhaw on Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:31 pm

KG wrote:
Rohit wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/This-whining-about-the-Penguins-cap-problems-ne?urn=nhl,109829

there is a good link in rebuttle to d cox. found it on a link in the empty netters blog. seems logical and well written to me

Good find...Makes perfect sense to me...As for this years playoff rental winger...Not many elite UFA wingers coming on the market....Tkachuk, Guerin will be available I'm sure...

I think the hope is that Staal and Satan make getting a deadline pickup of Hossa magnitude unnecessary. No reason to even look into it until we see what we are lacking.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pens15 on Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:22 pm

Samsdog wrote:
Dear God, not Kris Beech!

Love that line. The guy raises some points. I do agree with Cox that Fleury hasn't proved anything definitively especially after a sparklingly average game in game 6 but on the other hand, I really don't think that roster turnover on the 3rd line is that big a deal. And my earlier post alludes to the rest of my feelings. I just had to put that quote from the article up.

I agree with you on the part about the 3rd line. A lot of writers and critics, when talking about all the losses the Penguins took, have lumped in names like Roberts, Ruutu, Laraque, etc. Those guys contributed here and there but were far from crucial. Roberts in particular, people got so worked up over him but he was pretty much done and did nothing except for a few flukey plays.
Pens15
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins